Page 3 of 4 1234
    Guru
    02-22-2009, 04:52 PM #21
    lol people who think .13 cent's is the true value of siri are just funny, can you not see beyond mr market's smoke and mirror's? People if u buy siri at these prices and have the patience of an investor and not the patience of a lame ass swing trader then you will be rewarded. Apple being at 90 is good for apple, but that doesnt change the fact that siri was already unfairly shorted down because of the merger and now it cant return to true value because the market is shit and the media wont stop attacking with bullshit. apple is a darling of the media, siri is hated by the media, so once again im left with the feeling that all in all S.O. doesnt really know shit, and having a convo with him is stupid. You guys have fun waiting for siri to fall lower. Savesirius wow i cant believe your giving that website out now, i have even less respect for you than before, this is a site ran by a guy who is only interested in suing siri and making a shitload, he is a crook.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 02-22-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Enthusiast
    02-22-2009, 05:18 PM #22
    I went to that web site and spent time reading the different articles/comments. I cannot agree the man is a crook, I don't know him. But his site should have flashing red lights and a siren on the home page, cause he definately, definately apears to be an ambulance chaser! just my opinion

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    02-22-2009, 05:21 PM #23

My Advice

The same time you invest in SIRI - invest in tequila or scotch

I think SIRI stock will turn around - but it won't happen overnight - prepare yourself for that fact.

When it does.... may God have mercy on Cramer's soul - no one else will

Addict
    02-22-2009, 05:21 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    I went to that web site and spent time reading the different articles/comments. I cannot agree the man is a crook, I don't know him. But his site should have flashing red lights and a siren on the home page, cause he definately, definately apears to be an ambulance chaser! just my opinion
    Then you need to research further back to before the merger and see how this man, single handed held up the merger for a additional 6 months and what its has cost the company and its shareholders!

Enthusiast
    02-22-2009, 05:37 PM #25
    Is it possible that had he not went on a futile crusade, the merger could have completed 6 months sooner. The wasted energy of this fight redirected to a smoother transition with siri being 6 months further along in its development. just a thought

Addict
    02-22-2009, 05:52 PM #26
    Is it possible that had he not went on a futile crusade, the merger could have completed 6 months sooner. The wasted energy of this fight redirected to a smoother transition with siri being 6 months further along in its development. just a thought
    No, The reality is, If he would of not gotten involved and added to the decision being withheld, the approval of the merger would of been finalized and the financing could of been handled before the financial freeze, which cause the company to settle for the ugly financing. Then the company would of had a few good quarters under its belt and wouldn't be in the position that we are in today..

Enthusiast
    02-22-2009, 06:27 PM #27
    Actually, thats what I was trying to suggest. Financing, while tightening, would have been better, earlier than later. but things are where they are and I hope that everyone can make money, preferably to the upside.

Enthusiast
    02-22-2009, 06:59 PM #28
    You don't know how long Hartleib held up the merger process. Some say a week at most. Not six months. The "ugly" financing to close the deal didn't have to do with the credit crunch. In fact, Mel had a chance to refi the 2009 debt after the merger (and ugly financing) and declined... hoping to find a better offer. Shortly after that is when the credit crunch hit. Now he ended up giving away 40% of the company for a loan.

Addict
    02-22-2009, 06:59 PM #29
    Actually, thats what I was trying to suggest. Financing, while tightening, would have been better, earlier than later. but things are where they are and I hope that everyone can make money, preferably to the upside.
    O ok,I must of misunderstood you...I think this is where I lost you..
    (The wasted energy of this fight redirected to a smoother transition with siri being 6 months further along in its development) Anyway Good Luck to You.

Mentor
    02-22-2009, 07:23 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    There are several stages investors go thru when a stock is tanking.

1st - When the stock starts tanking, they are optimistic and think that it will not breach their avg. price.
    2nd - Then when it breaches it, they think the stock is just becoming inexpensive and buy more.
    3rd.- Then when it continues tanking, they think that it will rebound and buy more.
    4th. -As it continues tanking, they still have faith in the company and buy more shares.
    5th.- Then they reach a point where they just can't sell anymore, their losses are so big that they just can't take the losses anymore and start averaging down.
    6th.- Then they reach a point of dispair, a point where it does not really matter to them anymore but they still can not take the losses. They continue averaging down.
    7th.- The stock continues tanking or reach a point where is going no wehere (like SIRI). They sit on the stock waiting, waiting, waiting...and perhaps averaging down.
    8th.- Then, reality sinks in and some of them start selling at a huge loss. Some, stupidily, like me, come back in. Some keep holding.
    9th.- Finally there's capitulation where the stock sinks so fast (and the company finally declares BK) that by the time they sell (if they have time), they lost all their investment.
    10th.- The end.

I am not going to tell you to stay away, the stock is cheap but you will get what you pay for (what is the difference between cheap and inexpensive ?). Read the fundamentals and study them. Someone may tell you that SIRI is not trading on fundamentals but the reality is that the pps is where it is because of those fundamentals, whether people like it or not.

Just because the industry is sexy, you might be a user and like the service or the company name is nice, does not make it a good investment.

Even if you say "But I can buy thousands of shares !"... true, but you could still lose your money the same way as if you were investing somewhere where the pps is say, $30.00 (how many shares of SIRI can you buy with $30.00 ?).

Again, study the fundamentals, they will tell you a lot. Then make your own decision (or consult an advisor... still if you consult an advisor, do your homework, do not trust him blindly, se what happened to all those people that invested with Madoff ?) and ESPECIALLY, do not base your investment decision on what people tells you in these forums.

WARNING: Stay away from sharks that promise high returns, they are wolves on a sheep outfit...again see the Madoff case.

ps: If you are here just to trade, then do so, buy in the low teens and sell in the high teens. Never trade less than 10000 shares at a time, the fees will eat you alive if you trade less. Be prepared to take a loss.
    This post is no longer relavent to the Sirius investor. If they read this 6 months ago, there is use, or even 3 months ago. Now it just sounds like bitter drivel. Sell in the high teens? Is this an investor page, or a day trader idea zone? There are much safer stocks to day trade. I wouldnt recommend this one. If you looking to invest in Sirius, this is the best time to buy in their history. Also the most risky. This is a "spec" stock, and investing in them as rules. Above poster was right about one thing, dont invest any money in Sirius you cant afford to lose. Dont bet more than 10% of your portfolio on a spec stock. Etc...
    But if your investing long term..
    Sell in the high teens? No wonder we cant get this stock to have legs. We have the equivalent of an investment "wimp" whos too afraid to notice a bottom if it hit on the ruckus. Sack up, buy under .15 cents, and hold on. Better advice is to allocate a side trade for buying and selling, but holding a larger core positition. Remove BK, this stock will not trade at these levels for long. Even with naked short selling.
    If you like the company, and think the common will survive for at least 2 years, no point to not buy here. As you see, it takes imminent bk danger to drop it below .10 cents.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 02-22-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Page 3 of 4 1234