Page 1 of 3 123
    Addict
    02-16-2009, 08:40 PM #1

Where will Cramer hide ?

...when this deal is announced and shareholders are saved & how will he spin his wrong opinion.

And where did his video disappear to on friday ? Would love to know the powers that removed that.

02-16-2009, 08:55 PM #2
    I sure hope your right.

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 09:11 PM #3
    Where will Cramer hide ?

Saddam Hussein's Hole In Iraq!!!!!!!!!!!

Addict
    02-16-2009, 09:30 PM #4
    Don't take me wrong, Cramer is a clown but he does make some good calls, from time to time, and some bad calls more often than not:

http://siriusbuzz.com/jim-cramer-say...ith-sirius.php

When stock market guru Jim Cramer speaks we listen. In the “Mad Mail” segment of today’s Mad Money, Cramer said that he believes “it’s always better to buy the stronger company”, like Sirius Satellite, rather than the weaker company, XM Satellite in a deal like this. He went on to say that if the anticompetitive deal does not go through Sirius should still go up. This should not come as any real surprise with Sirius’s current momentum in the industry.

http://siriusbuzz.com/jim-cramer-say...cal-choice.php

I just finished up watching another episode of Mad Money with Jim Cramer and he did take a minute to throw in his two cents on Sirius Satellite. The stock market guru said that when it comes to the Sirius XM merger, Sirius is the logical choice.

Mr. Cramer went on to say that his reasoning for choosing Sirius was two fold. The way he figures it, if Sirius does merge with XM then their stock will go up. On the other hand if they are not granted the merger, Sirius will beat out XM as there is only room for one satellite radio service and again… their stock will go up.

Not to be left out, Cramer chimed in with his thoughts on the potential merger, “I can’t understand why people are protesting the merger based on the fact that it would create a monopoly.” His thoughts are if the two satellite giants are not allowed to merge, only one will survive, thus creating the same monopoly people are trying so hard to prevent.

Let’s say for a second that Jim is right. Then why would Sirius even be considering this merger? I would have to guess that they are better off scooping up a few million listeners rather than letting XM fail and leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of current satellite subscribers. How many people would actually take a chance with another satellite company after leaving their current subscriptions and hardware behind? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-16-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Addict
    02-16-2009, 09:45 PM #5
    At least he is acknowledging the news reported:

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stor...FREE&cm_ite=NA

Guru
    02-16-2009, 09:54 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Let’s say for a second that Jim is right. Then why would Sirius even be considering this merger? I would have to guess that they are better off scooping up a few million listeners rather than letting XM fail and leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of current satellite subscribers. How many people would actually take a chance with another satellite company after leaving their current subscriptions and hardware behind? What do you guys think?
    This could explain why the FCC waited so long, they may have made their decision on the fact that the competition over that drawn out 18 months was not beneficial to the subscribers.

Mentor
    02-16-2009, 10:03 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    At least he is acknowledging the news reported:

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stor...FREE&cm_ite=NA
    Looks like Jim has finally tightened-up editorial control over there. I wonder why.

Head Honcho
    02-16-2009, 10:36 PM #8
    Do you really think he should hide? He did get the drop in share price right and any of us would have been wise to listen and sell when he said sell.

That being said, I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about at the time or if he was lucky... I honestly believe that he thought the company was a good idea when he had Mel on and praised SIRI and then did some homework and saw something he didn't like... whether it was the looming debt or the manipulation of the stock, I am not sure but, it sounds to me like he was pretty damn right over the last year.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 10:58 PM #9
    I would have no problem with cramer if he had been more honest.
    He could have said that he was wrong about the stock and I would have accepted that with no problem. Everyone has been wrong on stocks at one time. Instead he acted like he never touted it and proceeded to bash it as a lottery ticket.

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 10:59 PM #10
    Why should Cramer hide? He was right on with his prediction after the merger and the ugly financing. He said if you really like SIRI to wait until the debt is restructured in February. Sure he predicted some big upward moves pre-merger.. but circumstances changed. So he revised his position. Fair enough.

Page 1 of 3 123