Page 2 of 2 12
    02-18-2009, 11:51 PM #11

american made

geez sirius owner

make more than you spend!!!!!

you cant do that every day

that would be called an investment.. novel idea, huh?

just like you and the church lady LOL

Enthusiast
    02-19-2009, 12:10 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    OK, let me ask you something... I began posting on this forum 4 months ago, back then SIRI was trading above $1.00 and I started yelling, "do not buy, do not buy", was I right ? I NEVER told anyone to short the damn stock.

Am I anti-siri ? or just a self-centered sarcastic republican son of a b...???

Now the minute I switched to be a bullsih SIRI, I started missing my projections and making mistakes... and BTW, Demian, starts telling me that I am wrong !!! Of course I am wrong, I stupidily, jumped to the other side !!!

No more, I am going back to my roots... whether I am called anti-siri or a jerk!! Hey, I make money on the other side, so who cares ?
    You said don't buy at a buck, went to 5 cents- hard to say you're wrong there. But it's easy to see why people dislike your comments on this forum, it's a fan site. Most who like the product and bought the equity because they believe in it and wanna make some money.

Longs have had it very tough, I would know... With SIRI bad news is bad news and good news is bad news. Now I've made money on it being long in '04, but since then I've done nothing but lose money in this stock. Now we thought we were going bankrupt this week and the stock went to 5 cents... Sitting at 14 now, I think its safe to say were closer to a bottom than a top, so good luck with going to the other side (given your small position in the stock, I kinda think you feel the same way...=) ).

Enthusiast
    02-19-2009, 01:23 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Do you even know how many shares an equity option contract is ?

Do you even know how much is 800 * $0.05 ? Do you know how far is $0.14 from $2.50 ? Exactly.

Write them ,own them, whatever just a technicallity, you understood didn't ya ?. I own (bear or whatever) the risk.

Why I chose 8 ? I was drunk I guess. Like right now.

ps: I do know more than you and that is what counts. One on one....
    Please...
    Writing means selling. You purchased 8 call contracts... for forty bucks plus commission(good luck with that). Those are not naked calls. You may know more than me about some things, but certainly not when it comes to options trading, that much is clear. Cheers, by the way.

Guru
    02-19-2009, 07:35 AM #14
    Cheer's winagain, cheers!!!!!!!!

Addict
    02-19-2009, 03:04 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    Please...
    Writing means selling. You purchased 8 call contracts... for forty bucks plus commission(good luck with that). Those are not naked calls. You may know more than me about some things, but certainly not when it comes to options trading, that much is clear. Cheers, by the way.
    So you trade options, let me ask you something, who in his right mind, buy SIRI calls, even if they are 5 cents ? They have been there for ever.

You are right, maybe I should have said I "sold" the calls not "bought naked" calls. Hey, to a drunk guy a whale looks like a princess...

02-20-2009, 12:57 PM #16
    I'm a long time sufferer with this stock. Yeah I know, self inflicted. If not for the ineptness of our govt and the manipulation of the stock (IMO borders on criminal), along with a laundry list of other reasons, things wouldn't be nearly as bad as there are currently. There's no way we should be talking possible NASDAQ delisting and RS. But sadly that's where we are.

I havn't followed any of the last yr or so quarterly reports closely or to any real extent. So I have nothing to judge this next report against. We know the pitiful shape of the economy and we know the auto industry hasn't and won't be churning out any sub numbers to write home about now or anytime soon. So the question is, what does this Q4 report have to offer in the way of anything good?

Hell, through the yrs on average, Sirius quarterly reports have not been real big momentum shifters in SP. At any rate, I've been in and out of this stock (more in then out) for a good 7 yrs. This investment (if one can call it that lol), has now turned into my version of the powerball lottery, and my smart money goes elsewhere.

Since this is now my lottery stock, I've decided to start buying at these prices. Question is, should a person wait till after this Q4 report or should they look to buy possibly around .12 or so now? Yeah, I know, there's no crystal ball to peer into the future, but maybe somebody has little bit of meaningful advice out there they are willing to share.

Enthusiast
    02-20-2009, 01:50 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_G View Post
    I'm a long time sufferer with this stock. Yeah I know, self inflicted. If not for the ineptness of our govt and the manipulation of the stock (IMO borders on criminal), along with a laundry list of other reasons, things wouldn't be nearly as bad as there are currently. There's no way we should be talking possible NASDAQ delisting and RS. But sadly that's where we are.

I havn't followed any of the last yr or so quarterly reports closely or to any real extent. So I have nothing to judge this next report against. We know the pitiful shape of the economy and we know the auto industry hasn't and won't be churning out any sub numbers to write home about now or anytime soon. So the question is, what does this Q4 report have to offer in the way of anything good?

Hell, through the yrs on average, Sirius quarterly reports have not been real big momentum shifters in SP. At any rate, I've been in and out of this stock (more in then out) for a good 7 yrs. This investment (if one can call it that lol), has now turned into my version of the powerball lottery, and my smart money goes elsewhere.

Since this is now my lottery stock, I've decided to start buying at these prices. Question is, should a person wait till after this Q4 report or should they look to buy possibly around .12 or so now? Yeah, I know, there's no crystal ball to peer into the future, but maybe somebody has little bit of meaningful advice out there they are willing to share.
    Hey Doc,
    In my opinion, the Q4 numbers could be a doubled edged sword. I expect that the loss per share will beat expectations and that the company will report positive free cash flow, upwards of $50 mil.

But, with the auto industry in the tank and no end to the downturn in sight, I'm worried that the projections of '09 might have to be trimmed... So, I can't see that forward guidance will be all that encouraging. And I wouldn't be surprised if they don't give ANY guidance.

That said, the stock is still acting as if the company is completely dead... so if Mel can give us any good news(perhaps concerning the May debt) - maybe we'll see some sustained movement up.

Page 2 of 2 12