Page 9 of 27 ... 789101119 ...
    Addict
    02-18-2009, 09:26 AM #81
    Good morning guys..

Thanks for the positive reinforcement..

I just figure the lower the prices go the better the long term return..

I think the only real stock to make some quick $ is playing with Sirius but I can seem to let any go...

O well.. going to the gym..I watch the opening bell while doing cardial!
    Good Luck to all!

Guru
    02-18-2009, 09:47 AM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

No NM at the moment. Traded it earlier in the year before I F'd up and put too much cash into Siri...now trying to recoup some...May pick up couple hundred shares tomorrow. Lookin at 3.2-3.25 buy in. with quick trigger if qtr results are bad.

What do you think the market will do tomorrow?
    NM is a darn good looking stock....If I had more cash on hand I would buy a couple of hundred and just watch it. I might put more in my account today, then I will have it by Monday, but as it stands now I am going to kick back a couple of days before buying.

If I had the cash on hand I would buy more SBLK or NM...they are pretty identical stocks.

The market today? Do you have a coin we can flip? I don't know whether it is going to try and recoup or just go sideways.

Tell me, please, anybody......Does it seem like the government is showing any concern for the market? To me it seems like it is totally being ignored. Ya, we bailed out some institutions, but what are we doing for investors and small businesses? I think total neglect is going on....give me your opinion please to make sure I am not looking at this wrong.

I will be watching the market today as I have a lot of things to do, so I will be in an out.

There is nothing that can be done right now at my .16 level with SIRI, so I will just let it ride - no stops no limits. I hope that the market does pick up and gives SIRI a fresh chance.

Anyway, have a great morning and lets chime in when possible to help each other out.

Thanks,

Bill

02-18-2009, 10:06 AM #83
    I brought up the NCC story for that very reason
    I watched the senate hearings, Ncc was not getting twerp funds, but wanted them
    one senator was saying the twerp fund rep would not give any funds unless they merged with another bank, Paulson said he would look into it with an irritated look, I thought when I saw this, NCC was being bullied

this story got me interested in following these banks and finding out where they were going and if we can make some money on it, great, but it seems they have been pushed into mergers and acquistitions before getting twerp funds. Would much rather see Jimmy Stewart in "Its a Wonderful Life",dancing around, where you kept your last dollar and worked hard at keeping your community together.

Looks like Ford is not going to be taking twerp funds or Obama coins, probably looking at that stock , would like to support free enterprise and American Made

Guru
    02-18-2009, 10:07 AM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    My overall feeling is not good, maybe the market will be flat and just sit there.

The only stock I feel safe in right now is SIRI, despite the R/S potential / manipulation and this crap that came out this morning.

Amid a high debt load, and a deepening recession, credit-crunched entertainment firms are fast filing for bankruptcy.

Print article Print article
    Refer this article Refer to a friend
    2009-02-17 14:13:39 - Entertainment and media firms including Tribune, Sirius XM, Charter Communications, Midway, etc have already filed for bankruptcy. Entertainment professionals which work in various jobs like media jobs, information technology jobs, writing jobs etc. are said to face the danger of being obliterated without any trace due to the collapse of many entertainment firms.
    http://www.pr-inside.com/amid-a-high...d-r1063634.htm

Just be careful, and try not to get greedy.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!!
    Hey Dread,

Good morning -

It just doesn't end, does it?

I guess that I will just sit today. If I had the money for NM or SBLK or DRYS I would buy cheap as possible, but I don't have enough resolution as to what this market this market will do. It is so goofy that there is not even anything to predict from.

I know one thing though....while everybody is selling off it is a great long to be buying everything that you can't normally afford to buy and sit on it. I would stay away from things like retails for example and concentrate on things that are required to make the world run...like shipping....cargo containers....things that are essential. Starbucks is biting the bullet again...luxury items would not be on my menu right now.

I still think financials are a great buy, but we might have to hang onto them for a while....just buy them as cheap as possible.

Let's see what SIRI does today and your advice is well taken....be careful is prudent....thanks for your words...

Bill

Guru
    02-18-2009, 10:08 AM #85
    Dread

Never thought I'd hear someone say that feel safe in SiriXM stock lol

Link to article posted above states SiriusXM already BK!!! Guess that they bought on the hype!
    Ya, that is a mind blower! lol

Guru
    02-18-2009, 10:11 AM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    I brought up the NCC story for that very reason
    I watched the senate hearings, Ncc was not getting twerp funds, but wanted them
    one senator was saying the twerp fund rep would not give any funds unless they merged with another bank, Paulson said he would look into it with an irritated look, I thought when I saw this, NCC was being bullied

this story got me interested in following these banks and finding out where they were going and if we can make some money on it, great, but it seems they have been pushed into mergers and acquistitions before getting twerp funds. Would much rather see Jimmy Stewart in "Its a Wonderful Life",dancing around, where you kept your last dollar and worked hard at keeping your community together.

Looks like Ford is not going to be taking twerp funds or Obama coins, probably looking at that stock , would like to support free enterprise and American Made
    I agree! The term free enterprise is disappearing from our vocabularies. Buy American!

Guru
    02-18-2009, 10:16 AM #87
    Bill

SBLK looks pretty good, be careful though, If NM posts crappy qtr tomorrow AH, may affect SBLK short term!
    All the Dry Bulk Shippers affect each other...that is the only reason they are so far down now. DRYS went down on bad news and EGLE NM and SBLK went down just because of DRYS. You are most correct. They do this without rhyme or reason. If they have crappy quarter and go down it is time to buy large now and when they hit bottom. A guy would just have to keep a keen eye on them, but now is not a bad time.

I have found with dry bulk shippers that when they move they make large and fast gains or losses. Check out DRYS chart for a year and you will see what I mean if you haven't all ready.

I guess I will see how much money I have to spend, lol.

Market time! Good luck guys and post your thought throughout the day!
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-18-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Guru
    02-18-2009, 11:15 AM #88

Just Sirius

No guts....No Glory....

Transferring more money on hopes of catching more SBLK later this week, lol.

Guru
    02-18-2009, 12:17 PM #89

Sblk

SBLK is going down, down, down, down, down......

Good time to start keeping an eye on it, combined with Just Sirius's statement on NM coming out with financials tomorrow. It could go down even more....

02-18-2009, 12:26 PM #90

sblk

I was going to do the same
    maybe at 1.72 its 52 week low
    it might go lower today with the sell off

Page 9 of 27 ... 789101119 ...