Page 6 of 27 ... 4567816 ...
    Addict
    02-17-2009, 01:51 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    If you check your charts...all of them EVERY single stock took a plunge between 9 and 10 this morning.....every chart looks identical, including SIRI.

This gives a picture of the relative strength of your stocks. Mine all plunged together during the same time frame, almost exactly. So it is just market strength or weakness that caused this......so don't freak out and sell or get depressed. Instead, if you have the cash, then I personally would buy.

If you don't, then hold would be my move.

Ray,

Where the hell are you? You o.k.??
    Bill... I love this program.... Im not exactly sure yet what all the lines represent...but what a great feel for where its going!
    I've never been better!

Guru
    02-17-2009, 02:02 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Bill... I love this program.... Im not exactly sure yet what all the lines represent...but what a great feel for where its going!
    I've never been better!
    Now for the next step......up next to where your time interval is...the box to the right....change it to candlestick if not there all ready and you can see the total move and direction of each interval. Red candlesticks suck, and white ones are good.

You can also zoom in and zoom out for a closer look or a look for a longer time interval.

Also, you can print the whole chart out and also export all of your portfolio(s) information to excel.

We are in a big sell-off mode today! The stimulus package hasn't done squat! Then Geithner went and f'd it all up again at the G-7. This government talks and Wall Street walks. If they would quit preaching negativity and if they even lied it would help.

Other than that, everything is all roses

Guru
    02-17-2009, 02:11 PM #53

Oil, Russia and China

Well, I see that oil is plunging....Russia just made a deal with China. Russia is going to sell China oil cheap in return for cash.

I think that is funny, because a couple of months ago Russia was rich! Putin was ready to become a super power again.

Things change fast, don't they??

Guru
    02-17-2009, 02:17 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    I've never been better!
    Just go to www.stockcharts.com and learn what they mean....then you will really have the power! I am trying to turn everybody into chart techno zombies, lol. Really, it is good stuff instead of guessing.

Guru
    02-17-2009, 02:42 PM #55

Aib

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...=TQP_Mod_mktwN

Spreads highlight Ireland fears
    By William L. Watts, MarketWatch
    Last update: 12:37 p.m. EST Feb. 16, 2009
    Comments: 163
    LONDON (MarketWatch) -- Fears that Ireland's banking woes will send the Emerald Isle the way of Iceland has sent the cost of insuring sovereign Irish debt against default to record levels.
    Spreads on Ireland's five-year credit default swaps rose to a record 377 basis points on Friday, analysts said. That means it would cost $377,000 a year to insure a notional $10 million of debt against default. That's up from around just $24,000 a year ago.
    Ireland's fiscal position has eroded sharply due to a steep economic slump. On top of that, add in the effective nationalization of the country's three largest banks and expectations for further outlays.
    Iceland was left virtually bankrupt after its outsized financial sector collapsed under the weight of massive foreign-denominated debt.
    But Ireland differs from Iceland in one important respect, said Nick Stamenkovic, fixed-income economist at RIA Capital in Edinburgh.
    "Ireland has recourse to the European Central Bank and a lot of funds," Stamenkovic said.
    Iceland didn't.
    Chart of XX:1582808
    As a result, comparisons between Ireland and Iceland are "overdone," he said.
    Of course, there is the matter of the so-called no-bailout clause of the Maastricht Treaty, the agreement that established European economic and monetary union. The clause ostensibly prohibits fellow euro members from coming to the rescue of a member state in risk of default.
    But the threat of a default would likely force fellow members to come to Ireland's aid "to keep the currency intact," Stamenkovic said.
    Concerns have mounted as the Irish government has stepped up efforts to shore up its troubled banking sector. The Irish government last week announced the terms of a 7 billion euro ($9 billion) capital injection for its two biggest banks - Allied Irish Banks (AIB:
    Allied Irish Banks, P.L.C.
    News , chart , profile , more
    Last: 1.72-0.36-17.30%
    1:23pm 02/17/2009
    Delayed quote data
    Add to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alert
    Insider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    AIB 1.72, -0.36, -17.3%) and the Bank of Ireland (IRE:
    The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland
    News , chart , profile , more
    Last: 2.11-0.48-18.53%
    1:21pm 02/17/2009
    Delayed quote data
    Add to portfolio
    Analyst
    Create alert
    Insider
    Discuss
    Financials
    Sponsored by:
    IRE 2.11, -0.48, -18.5%) -- with the funds coming from the state's pension reserve. See full story.
    The government was forced to nationalize Anglo Irish Bank, the nation's third largest, in January. Ireland moved last October to guarantee Irish bank deposits in an effort to shore up the domestic financial system.
    And experts expect the government will have to pump billions more euros into the banking sector before the crisis runs its course.
    Economist Dermot O'Leary at Goodbody Stockbrokers in Dublin estimate the cost could total near 9 billion euros, but noted that much of the cost could be recouped in the future.
    Meanwhile, a deep recession is also playing havoc with the country's fiscal balance sheet.
    The Irish economy could contract by 6% in 2009 and a further 2.5% in 2010, according to Goodbody.
    The budget deficit will reach 12% of GDP in 2009 and 13% in 2010, easily the highest in the euro-zone, O'Leary said in a research note.
    But O'Leary and other economists note that Ireland entered the recession with a relatively healthy budget balance sheet after years of strong growth.
    O'Leary, for example sees Ireland's debt-to-GDP ratio rising to 10% by 2010 and to 80% by 2012, which is still close to expected average European levels. End of Story
    William L. Watts is a reporter for MarketWatch in London.
    EmailE-mail
    PrintPrint
    DisableDisable Live Quotes
    Subscribe to RSSSubscribe to RSS
    Yahoo! Buzz

recs Recommend this story : 31

tags Save and tag this story

Comments: 163

Those blasted Germans insist on savings and embarrass everyone. They have been a thorn in our side for decades.

- righturn
    comments Add Comment
    (163) - View Comments on this story
    Top stories
    12:21 PM today Stocks put November lows to the re-test, as S&P dips under 800
    11:39 AM today Obama to sign massive stimulus bill Tuesday
    55 minutes ago Oil drops 7% as U.S. stock indexes fall, economic worries mount

Guru
    02-17-2009, 03:30 PM #56

NM

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

In all of your spare time....hahahaha..Take a look at NM. They report after hours tomorrow. Could be a preview to what the other drybulk shippers #'s will look like when they report.
    I just took a look at NM....it is a CLASS stock. It is much like SBLK that I bought today. Do you have shares of NM??

02-17-2009, 03:49 PM #57

bill

I really like sblk at 2.00

I am really tempted to move some $ around today

It is a hard call on timing,when we are being Obamafied right now

we could see some new lows,I hope I am wrong

prsc dropped .52 today

Guru
    02-17-2009, 04:01 PM #58
    Hey Ray,

I would have paid for admission this morning to watch your software

Ya, SBLK is ripe for picking...just remember....it is a Greek shipping company. It hauls bulk goods..It is registered in one of those tax free countries..so Obama can't really screw it up.

The international steam ship and cargo container company that my wife works for is registered in Iberia I believe. None of the shipping lines can afford to be registered in the U.S..

We can and will see new lows....the news channels are dripping with blood, but that is what makes it a buyers market. They are even saying that.

This stimulus package is a joke. Now they are all ready talking about the next one. Jesus, they didn't even read this one! Oh well, in the meantime I am going to try and buy as much of the world as I can afford, because when it comes back it will be big.

PRSC should come back just as soon as Obama puts ink on the paper..That stock cannot lose.

Any other hot scoop?

02-17-2009, 04:16 PM #59

Cool charts

I have to tell you,charts are a good tool to use

But with the economic Enviornmemt the way it is, banks buying banks company mergers to stay afloat etc.....

I really like to know
    1.who is buying the stock
    2.finances weak or strong
    3.check the charts
    4.I really like checking market shares available
    and average volume

this is just a short list. and feel free to add to it.
    maybe we can come up with combined list of tools

Just like a preflight ck list

looking for all input

02-17-2009, 04:20 PM #60

billhart

I am with you on buying good deals right now

I like to buy in large enough lots that I am screaming when it goes in either direction lol

Page 6 of 27 ... 4567816 ...