Page 21 of 27 ... 111920212223 ...
    Guru
    02-20-2009, 11:44 PM #201

Very Possible Pick

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:OCNF

Check this out! I am not pickled yet, but am going to get some ice...lol

Whiskey and vegetables when mixed cause extreme gas...haha

What do you fellows think about this one?
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-20-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Guru
    02-20-2009, 11:46 PM #202

Google's financial pages

Google really gives a nice look at stocks.....

Guru
    02-20-2009, 11:54 PM #203
    http://www.streetauthority.com/nprin...p=s&d=2475&t=s

A little info on the shipping industry

Guru
    02-21-2009, 12:06 AM #204

Jaso

I am going to take a look at JASO, the one the Taipan guy recommends...Solar Energy.........................I hope that I got the symbol right....

Here is the link:

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:JASO

What do you guys think about this one?
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-21-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Guru
    02-21-2009, 12:13 AM #205

Jaso

We value your privacy! We will never rent or sell your e-mail address to another company.
    Jeanne M. Smith, E-Commerce & Customer Satisfaction Director

Why is the stock so depressed? It has a lot to do with mistakes that are already in the rear-view mirror. See, the company loaned some cash as well as stock shares to Lehman Brothers before the investment firm went bankrupt. That was a bad move! Now the capital is gone and the shares will not be returned, which means current shareholders are diluted.

I call this a tactical mistake by management – it turned out to be the wrong move. But it doesn’t reflect poorly on management’s judgment. After all, the failure was unprecedented and all the smarts in the world still would have had a hard time predicting this turn of events.

So now the market is punishing the stock for past sins (and for weakness in the industry). However, the past sins are over, and the industry is not going to go away. As attention returns to alternative energy, as it surely will during the next administration, solar stocks will once again gain favor.
    Beat the Bandwagon

I don’t want to sound sensational, but the opportunity here is quite impressive. Historically, companies with JASO’s growth prospects have sported multiples of 30 or 40 (or more) times earnings. But I’ll take a more conservative approach.

Let’s say analysts are too aggressive with their expectations. Suppose JASO only earns $1.10 per share instead of the $1.27 forecasted. Let’s further assume the multiple is 15 (as opposed to the 30 or 40 which used to be common). That still leaves us with a stock price of $16.50. That's a triple-digit gain from the current price.

I know it sounds “too good to be true.” And I’m fully expecting plenty of back and forth, up and down before the stock gets to this level. But buying now as investors are despairing gets you an excellent price and sets you up for a fantastic opportunity.

Please keep track of your entry price and when you sell this stock a year or two from now, let me know how much you made. In fact, when you make triple-digit gains on your money, you will have enough cash to fly down to Atlanta and take the Scheidt family out to dinner!

Haha – just kidding, of course.

Addict
    02-21-2009, 12:31 AM #206
    What going on Bill?...I just finished listing my 1937 oldsmobile on Ebay....
    check it out!

What a day....I always buy more bac when its down...I did not today only citi and of course bac went up 1.50 from where I cancelled my order for
    200x @ $3. O well...Now Im punishing my self....(vodka & orange juice)
    I like the shipping industry...but I have to start showing some control!

If I make a move with some sirius on monday I can buy some more... but I dont want to use any new money... Now I need to work some of these bank stocks on the next possitive news! Then Im gonna Get out again! The fed said they dont want to nationalize the banks but that dont mean they wont...
    Obama has done nothing that he said he was gonna do while he was campaigning. So we got to stay 1 step a head...

I think monday we will get a good pop on Sirius we have to figure how much and I gonna sell some because no matter what it seem always to come back down to .12 or .13 I gonna try!
    I could use some guidence!
    Anyway if i dont Talk to you...which I know I will have a good one!

Guru
    02-21-2009, 12:40 AM #207

My thought on stocks

What I am noticing is that while everybody is so focused on the financials they are losing out on essential things like shipping and solar...the bargains are there. The shipping industry is awesome....and I have wanted it for a long time. The one I posted tonight is fantastic...look at its prices over the Last Six Months!

Personally, I want a diversified portfolio now...it is so much safer and I am going to concentrate on really sound stocks that will rebound into really great money.

Financials are great, but look what happened today. Godzillions of people were wiped out just because asshole Dodd opened his mouth. He ruined tons of people.

What is the link for your Olds? I would love to see it!

Yep, we keep our heads together with wise investments and we will reap far more. We have a great team and can really be successful together.

Not everything is short term, though we love the cash now, bigger rewards come from waiting a little longer and the risk isn't as great.

What do you think about that? lol

I admit that there is nothing like a good run, its a rush, but a little slower and more productive run is cool too.....eh? (eh? No, I am not from Canada) haha

Guru
    02-21-2009, 12:45 AM #208

We scored huge!

We scored huge today with SBLK! Kick back and watch. I couldn't be happier...If anybody got it under $2.50, then they flat ass stole it! I know that we all did, so we should be really proud.

You have a really good feel for those financials though...you have done really well....with good timing...

Now if we can shake off AIB then I would be happy. ETFC is just a matter of time...I am in no hurry with it....

(C) was a good buy for you today....geat job!

It's Maker's tonight...with ice cubes! Very low in carbs and empty in calories.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-21-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Addict
    02-21-2009, 12:55 AM #209
    Your absoulty right! So right now I have about 25k total actually a tad more. That was my plan invest that much and 2/3rds of that is in sirius...
    Its time for me to hit those financials one more time...If I can get out with a little profit... Try to utilize some sirius because we know its got a while to really get some steam. But most important try also to get a diversified portfolio...We are in the perfect spot right for long term.. But until I got involved in sirius I had no idea on any of this stuff and think ive learned alot and Im starting to come around...

I think between the few of us your right again we could combine our knowledge and research and can do all right for ourselves....

Thanks again..You have been a great help to me!

PS If you want to see the car go to ebay type in 1937 oldsmobile and it will come up!

Guru
    02-21-2009, 12:55 AM #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    What going on Bill?...I just finished listing my 1937 oldsmobile on Ebay....
    check it out!

What a day....I always buy more bac when its down...I did not today only citi and of course bac went up 1.50 from where I cancelled my order for
    200x @ $3. O well...Now Im punishing my self....(vodka & orange juice)
    I like the shipping industry...but I have to start showing some control!

If I make a move with some sirius on monday I can buy some more... but I dont want to use any new money... Now I need to work some of these bank stocks on the next possitive news! Then Im gonna Get out again! The fed said they dont want to nationalize the banks but that dont mean they wont...
    Obama has done nothing that he said he was gonna do while he was campaigning. So we got to stay 1 step a head...

I think monday we will get a good pop on Sirius we have to figure how much and I gonna sell some because no matter what it seem always to come back down to .12 or .13 I gonna try!
    I could use some guidence!
    Anyway if i dont Talk to you...which I know I will have a good one!
    If you need guidance, then talk with Ray...he knows the trading game for guys like you that have a lot of SIRI stock. Ray is "the man"!

Page 21 of 27 ... 111920212223 ...