Page 13 of 27 ... 3111213141523 ...
    02-19-2009, 01:27 AM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Just remember, you are limited to only five coins per household and they are at the same exact price that they paid to mint them...they are limited...to get a piece of this history you have to act now!

Laughing so hard, Robert Schuller himself fired you....you should be honored...haha

I used to love California....my Dad was in the Marine Corps, that is why I was all over Calif. 16 years of my life. Now when I go there it gives me the willies. It is not like it used to be.

Some how I always end up there again for short spurts of time and then I am gone again. Loads of crooks and women there.
    Screw the coins.... the snugglie is a much better deal.. AS SEEN ON TV

02-19-2009, 01:31 AM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Yep, I spent my teenage years living 3 blocks from there, graduated from Orange High School, I worked there for a minute, till I asked someone how much they made, then I got fired by the Reverend Robert Schuller himself...
    I had no right to make money, just like now..... Although I am about ready to buy some Obama coins.... God loves you and SO DO I!
    Yeah a coin worth $1, for only $10 LOL!! Thats a great deal!

Guru
    02-19-2009, 01:32 AM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    My Father was big at Disney when Walt Disney was there! Local #2203
    Harbor Blv & Ball road..thats where i did my apprentice ship..I went to Magnolia High school.. in Anahiem and Cypress College...
    We had a resturant in Garden grove called Amelias on Harbor blv. and Garden Grove Blv.. we had a Country Western bar in Staton on Beach Blv.and Cerritos Blv. called the Cabaratt and one more resturant in Costa Mesa called Fettucinis....Wow you must of know one of them!
    I don't remember any of them, but I know Harbor Blv & Ball extremely well. I used to stay in the Fantasy Motel (really) and do all of my dirty work from there. I never had enough money to eat in a real restaurant. As a matter of fact, I don't remember eating....I remember doing a lot of drinking though...

Check this out....I was at Disneyland the day Kruschev and Nixon and whoever the President was then were there. I watched them on the submarine ride. It is funny, there wasn't squat for security then. Now our Messiah has a car with Oxygen and is Atomic Bomb proof with a biological filtration system.

My favorite ride there is still Pirates of the Carribean. I knew every square inch of Disneyland.

As a matter of fact, I had a girlfriend that worked in the watch shop there and when I was visiting, Walt used to come in and we would say hi to each other. He used to go into every shop and every square inch every day. Later, Barbara become Snow White at Disneyland in the big parades and all of that...I finally lost touch with her.

02-19-2009, 01:32 AM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    What year did you graduate...I played 2 years of varsity basketball at Magnolia and we played Orange highschool...

When I was a kid we would ride our bikes to Disney..chain them up climb the 18foot fence and sneek into the behind the park area open this little door and we would be on main street in disney!
    I graduated in 1977. We used to ride our bikes down to Disneyland down Harbor Blvd and play in the elevators of the local hotels till we got kicked out... then 180 degrees the other direction , we would go to Huntington Beach and body surf. ( my wife is looking, so that is all we would do)

Guru
    02-19-2009, 01:34 AM #125
    You're killin' me Smalls. I was born and raised in Orange County, I worked for Weslin Construction, framing in El Toro, MIssion Viejo, etc. I had a high school friend who was Cinderella at Disneyland, but there were lots of Cinderella's when I was 17!!
    I guess we used to run around with the stars!

Addict
    02-19-2009, 01:34 AM #126
    Anyway guys It late here on the east cost...I get a earlier start then you guys... Not really eh...its been fun reminising but Im going to sleep...

Talk to you all tomorrow! Night... And those coins are only clad with 24K gold...figures right!

My dad worked on all those rides, Its a small world, pirites of the Carribean, swiss family tree house..haunted mansion...back then they would close the park 1 weekend on the summer for all the union workers...it was great no lines... My friends father owned all the sunkiss concessions in the park, so at school we would always have a little vodka and oj and a couple of dubes before school! what a small world...I actually got married the first time and had my reception at the Disneyland Hotel...The party lasted longer than the marrage...
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 02-19-2009 at 01:41 AM.

02-19-2009, 01:35 AM #127
    I use to burn things down when I was a kid!!

Just kidding lol, have a good night everyone, I am out for the night!

Guru
    02-19-2009, 01:36 AM #128
    Screw the coins.... the snugglie is a much better deal.. AS SEEN ON TV
    I want a snugglie so I can look like a cult member of the Raz Naeesh. "Let me pick your berries and spread salmonella, dear father"

Guru
    02-19-2009, 01:37 AM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Yeah a coin worth $1, for only $10 LOL!! Thats a great deal!
    Its a hell of a deal, especially if you buy 5! And some come with real color stickers on them.....a time in history....leadership....change...

02-19-2009, 01:39 AM #130
    Ya I get it.... been up since 0430 MT myself. This market has me up way too early!!! Need to wrap up a set of cabinets between market checks in am
    Talk to you guys later.. Have a good one

I think what they say is true...there really are only 7 people in the world

Page 13 of 27 ... 3111213141523 ...