Page 1 of 27 12311 ...
    Mentor
    02-16-2009, 04:06 AM #1

Daily Market Watch - Week of 2/16/09

US Bailout passes.
    Irish Bailout passes.
    Sirius Refinancing (probably...)

What is this week going to have in store for us?

It should be fun watching (and talking about it!)

Current Holdings: SIRI, F, AIB and still looking...

Guru
    02-16-2009, 04:16 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    US Bailout passes.
    Irish Bailout passes.
    Sirius Refinancing (probably...)

What is this week going to have in store for us?

It should be fun watching (and talking about it!)

Current Holdings: SIRI, F, AIB and still looking...
    For the U.S....I am skeptical...especially with financials. Geithner sure blew it. It will be a 50/50 in my estimation.

Irish....should be bullish for foreign investors such as ourselves, or we have a GREAT opportunity to buy really really low.

The news I have seen confuses me...it is horrible for Ireland, but good for the crooked bankers....what do you think, Newman?

Mentor
    02-16-2009, 04:21 AM #3
    The main thing that worries me about AIB as I have done a bit more research is that they seem to be mirroring the US banks, but about 2 months behind. If this is the case, we could be hurting with our current investments in it. The good thing is that Ireland seems to be moving MUCH faster than the US government did... so perhaps it will save us. I am just not sure at this point, and wishing I had gotten out when it hit 3.50 last week.

F is a great long term investment as is SIRI if the BK talk is killed.

Guru
    02-16-2009, 04:48 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    The main thing that worries me about AIB as I have done a bit more research is that they seem to be mirroring the US banks, but about 2 months behind. If this is the case, we could be hurting with our current investments in it. The good thing is that Ireland seems to be moving MUCH faster than the US government did... so perhaps it will save us. I am just not sure at this point, and wishing I had gotten out when it hit 3.50 last week.

F is a great long term investment as is SIRI if the BK talk is killed.
    http://www.taipanpublishinggroup.com...7805&l=1601086

This guy is sharp!

This is my long pick. JASO

I think AIB can be temporarily put on hold to see what happens...have to watch it though..it is unpredictable. If it mirrors U.S. stocks and has a lag it could go down, down, down, which is a good thing for us.

The BK talk with SIRI is complete B.S.. Mel isn't walking without a chance to get his money back....It is drama, and besides he could get clobbered by creditors and lawsuits, etc.. He may lose some pride, but not his money. That is my opinion, but I don't want to state it in the intraday and stock talk.

F is a good investment....and it is cheap right now...I wonder if it will go lower.

SBLK is dyanmite. Star Bulk Shipping. That has to be watched.

Honestly, if SIRI makes a hard drive up, I will sell then buy on the rebound.

Ray has a tremendous one - RVSC?? It cannot lose. What is the symbol, Ray? I have been into the Maker's.

That little hummer, JASO, might be what I go with Tuesday. I will not buy more SIRI with my own money at this point. I will play with the house's and keep my investment once it passes .16 and will sell as high as I can before a pullback.

Any thoughts? Give em to me good or bad.

02-16-2009, 11:01 AM #5
    sorry bill I went to bed early
    prsc... is the one

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 01:31 PM #6
    I've had some VERY good returns this year on: DFT, YGE and BCS. I will continue to add to those as well.......SIRI will blow the doors off the wall tomorrow!!!!! 40k SIRI shares at .32 avg, so it could be a nice week.

LONG LOVE SIRI!!

Cheers,
    Whynot

Guru
    02-16-2009, 01:56 PM #7
    I'll take a look at those today. We are always looking for good stocks. Glad to see you in here

Bill

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 02:00 PM #8
    Thanks Bill and let's all share our thoughts on stocks more often (other than the obvious one) and maybe we can all be better off for it!

Cheers,
    Whynot

Enthusiast
    02-16-2009, 03:15 PM #9
    Anyone own or know any info about Clearwire?

Someone told me to research this company as it could grow on a global scale with it's WIMAX technology.

Just wondering if anyone is currently invested.

Mentor
    02-16-2009, 04:09 PM #10
    For tomorrow: I have 2 sell orders in. One for 10% of my SIRI at 0.35, and one for 10% at 0.42, which is the highest scottrade would let me place the sell order. Tried to put 20% at 0.50, but they said it was "to far from the current price". What do they care?

I doubt the 0.50 will hit, but just in case premarket has a wild spike, I want to take advantage of it. I think it will settle back down around 0.20 in the next 2-3 days or so and I will buy back to lower my cost average.

As far as the others, Im out of trading cash right now, so unless Ford or AIB spike and I can pull a profit, I am done until next paycheck (Friday).

Page 1 of 27 12311 ...