Page 2 of 4 1234
    02-15-2009, 10:47 AM #11
    I am holding for now. I have a substantial stake with a high cost average of $1.07. But I do agree with Bill so I will be watching closely.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 12:10 PM #12
    it's a bit too tricky for me to call the high and low;
    am too inexperienced; too much at stake if i screw up;
    am just holding, like i've been for 4 years; adding
    more and more shares as it has gotten cheaper and cheaper; but
    since the first news about a week ago of the possible 11 bk, haven't
    bought at all. too chicken; now am just hoping for good news tuesday, and that in 2 or 3 years there's enough in the plus column to consider retirement

Mentor
    02-15-2009, 12:38 PM #13

Smile

Bill

It was her money!!!!! She kept telling me...I sure as hell hope you know what you are doing!!!She is a bad poker player..falls for the bluff everytime!!!

Weekend very subdued! Will be burying my father later today. Fought a valiant fight with liver/bone cancer. Now in a better place without pain. Have been using the blog as a stress relief..hahaha...if you can call it that.

The spring fling sounds good to me. However, I think Colorado is alittle prettier than DALLAS...it would also allow me to deliver the Makers Mark in person as promised without you having to put it in your carryon luggage. however..you would be very popular on that flight...treated like a celebrity!!!!

Bill/Tripp/Newman/Demian and all of the others

I can only say thank you for the hardwork, updates, knowledge, and rational thinking...for us unsophisticated investors...your posts are appreciated.

I hope Tue is going to be as good as it is setting up to be.

BTW Newman mentioned the other day in a post that he believes Monday is the 2 yr anniversary of the merger announcement! Is Mel good or what!!!!!

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 12:42 PM #14
    Just Sirius-

Sorry about your Dad. I know we all have to go at some point, but it doesn't make it any easier. My thoughts are with you.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 12:48 PM #15
    Hi Bill-

Thanks for the compliment and your thoughtfulness in your suggestions and offer to let me P.M. you. I really appreciate it!

I'll be glued to the screen Tuesday to watch real time quotes on this and will try to play some of the halts and reversals with a portion of my holdings if there is an opportunity.

Hope the rest of the weekend is great for you!

Thanks again-

Take care-

Steve

Addict
    02-15-2009, 01:01 PM #16
    Sell options puts.... or buy calls... I personally prefer to sell the puts.

Addict
    02-15-2009, 01:53 PM #17
    I hope this POST news is real because everyone is really getting ahead of themselves here. It's been too much pain and crushed hope over the years to think this is a done deal yet. It can't be that easy.

Addict
    02-15-2009, 02:02 PM #18
    Right on. There's a trading window though, 2/17 to 2/23 if the FEB debt deal is sealed.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 10:27 PM #19
    Are you buying, selling or holding?

With this drama queen of a company it might be better to just drink.

As Jimmy Buffet said "It's five o'clock somewhere". and hopefully there will be smiles on Tuesday.

Guru
    02-16-2009, 01:10 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

It was her money!!!!! She kept telling me...I sure as hell hope you know what you are doing!!!She is a bad poker player..falls for the bluff everytime!!!

Weekend very subdued! Will be burying my father later today. Fought a valiant fight with liver/bone cancer. Now in a better place without pain. Have been using the blog as a stress relief..hahaha...if you can call it that.

The spring fling sounds good to me. However, I think Colorado is alittle prettier than DALLAS...it would also allow me to deliver the Makers Mark in person as promised without you having to put it in your carryon luggage. however..you would be very popular on that flight...treated like a celebrity!!!!

Bill/Tripp/Newman/Demian and all of the others

I can only say thank you for the hardwork, updates, knowledge, and rational thinking...for us unsophisticated investors...your posts are appreciated.

I hope Tue is going to be as good as it is setting up to be.

BTW Newman mentioned the other day in a post that he believes Monday is the 2 yr anniversary of the merger announcement! Is Mel good or what!!!!!
    I am very sorry to hear about your father and I wish you and your wife strength and wellness..

Thanks

Page 2 of 4 1234