Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Addict
    02-19-2009, 11:49 PM #31
    I believe the earnings will wind up being on Thursday 2/26 prior to the market opening and I would bet that Mel would love to pull off better financing by then and I wouldn't put it past him. I'm not holding my breath on that because he has plenty of time to get the term-loan for May extended or raise the cash by getting a new loan.

Let's look at the hurdles surpassed and I'd say 1 & 2 were the toughest:

1) Merger would never get approved - Mel proved critics wrong.
    2) February convertibles - Mel proved the critics wrong.
    3) May Debt 350M - Mel will handle without issue and without dilution in my humble opinion.
    4) December is 45% handled already, just the 225M that Ergen holds.

Mel could unwind Phase 2 of the Liberty deal and avoid the preferred share/common share 40% dilution. He has time and may just pull it off -great that he could cut a deal that has that option. I think Malone is a businessman 1st, but a good friend of Mel's to give him this lifeline. He did not have to.

Enthusiast
    02-20-2009, 01:19 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Thanks for the opinion m4svt!
    no problem

Enthusiast
    02-20-2009, 01:32 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    I am hoping and praying we generate enough momentum to get to a $1 without the R/S as well. That would defeat the purpose of trying to accumulate as much as possible at these levels. I sort of get the feeling that Mel has a trick up his sleeve. Not sure what it is yet, but hopefully it has something to do with getting better terms......
    I really think Mel will be working his ass off from now til April 15th trying to get better terms from someone else (why would they have included it in there if he wasnt?). I really don't trust Mel on the RS, with 1 for 10~50... I really hope they don't split it but it may be just too many shares for his blood. Plus over $5 might attract some institutions, as well as the shorts lol.....

Enthusiast
    02-20-2009, 01:33 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    I bought another 1200 shares today. I now have 14,279 shares at an average of .55 and will continue to buy as long I still believe in this company. Right now, I still believe. Call me crazy if you want.
    i'm with you!

Enthusiast
    02-20-2009, 01:34 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I believe the earnings will wind up being on Thursday 2/26 prior to the market opening and I would bet that Mel would love to pull off better financing by then and I wouldn't put it past him. I'm not holding my breath on that because he has plenty of time to get the term-loan for May extended or raise the cash by getting a new loan.

Let's look at the hurdles surpassed and I'd say 1 & 2 were the toughest:

1) Merger would never get approved - Mel proved critics wrong.
    2) February convertibles - Mel proved the critics wrong.
    3) May Debt 350M - Mel will handle without issue and without dilution in my humble opinion.
    4) December is 45% handled already, just the 225M that Ergen holds.

Mel could unwind Phase 2 of the Liberty deal and avoid the preferred share/common share 40% dilution. He has time and may just pull it off -great that he could cut a deal that has that option. I think Malone is a businessman 1st, but a good friend of Mel's to give him this lifeline. He did not have to.
    Agreed!!!!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-20-2009, 01:37 AM #36
    IMO... If Mel issues the RS, the shorts will take us right back down! It would be nothing but bad, IMO the RS will kill this stock! Guaranteed!!!

On that note, would we get any warning before the RS is issued. I would like to sell before the RS, that's if it happens of course!

Enthusiast
    02-20-2009, 02:41 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    IMO... If Mel issues the RS, the shorts will take us right back down! It would be nothing but bad, IMO the RS will kill this stock! Guaranteed!!!

On that note, would we get any warning before the RS is issued. I would like to sell before the RS, that's if it happens of course!
    Agree w/ ya 100%

Page 4 of 4 ... 234