Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    02-13-2009, 11:29 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AmenhotepIII View Post
    I held. Hell I'm too stubborn to sell... Would have bought more at .05 but damn wire transfers take 3 business days to clear in Scottrade. (for stocks under 4 bucks, that is).
    To think I almost sold for a couple hundred and wasted all this BS for the last 5 years!! Piss on Ameritrade for taking 1 day for a transfer....well my fault for not keeping it cashed up

Quote Originally Posted by Jworld View Post
    I don't have a choice. Im so deep into this stock that if it goes BK, im going down myself and will be right behind them.................
    good luck my friend...

Addict
    02-13-2009, 11:35 PM #12
    I came to far to dumped them today!... Now its time to get paid for all the pain and suffering.....Some of the newer people are very lucky to get in at those low bargan prices & Good Luck to you all.... Alot of us others had to work against all the negative hype and bashers and keep the faith that Mel would come thru and continue buying & laying it all on the line to adv. down no matter what anyone said or wrote....and that was tough! Good Luck to all of us also..

Longing Sirius ...............Way to go Mel

Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 12:30 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Well who was brave enough to hold their shares today?

I sure did, I had my finger on that sell button multiple times but just couldn't do it. I don't think I could live with the fact if the company didn't BK and I sold and say this thing took off in the next few years.

I would much rather live with losing everything than kicking myself everyday!!!

Time will tell!
    I not only held, I bought another 2000 shares!

This is a STEAL at this price. For those who bought big down at this level, there is the potential to make A LOT of $$

Guru
    02-14-2009, 12:56 AM #14
    heh just remember its usually a bad idea to buy into a company with bk talks unless you know enough about the product and the company to have faith they wont, like we did with siri, its a rare case . Does not get any riskier than what we just went through, phew.

Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 01:01 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    heh just remember its usually a bad idea to buy into a company with bk talks unless you know enough about the product and the company to have faith they wont, like we did with siri, its a rare case . Does not get any riskier than what we just went through, phew.
    I agree. I am 2 courses away from an MBA and everything I have learned told me not to buy, but to sell. Reading this board and my love for the product made me stay and buy more.

Sometimes in life ya gotta roll the dice...

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-14-2009, 03:13 AM #16
    Without substantial risk you just wind up like the rest of the chumps living in a hole their whole life playing it safe...

Risk is everything, it is what makes life enjoyable... Lol minus the stress...

Enthusiast
    02-14-2009, 10:30 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Without substantial risk you just wind up like the rest of the chumps living in a hole their whole life playing it safe...

Risk is everything, it is what makes life enjoyable... Lol minus the stress...
    Well said!

Guru
    02-14-2009, 12:52 PM #18
    I'm in so high; I can't sell. My decision was to average down some more, and I did not. The writing is on the wall regardless of the drama. Tuesday, it all goes away.

Addict
    02-14-2009, 12:56 PM #19
    The conservative chumps have more chances of being here next year than the reckless risk takers.

02-14-2009, 02:28 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Some of the newer people are very lucky to get in at those low bargan prices & Good Luck to you all
    I guess that's me. I'm new to the stock market in general and so obviously new to SIRI, as well. I'm a double XM/BOS subscriber so when I was looking into stocks to invest in I started at home with products and services I have awareness of.

Being a person who enjoys nothing more than sitting in front of a computer researching and reading about things for hours on end I learned much about this stock and the company financial history while learning about the market at the same time. I bought some shares at .185 and since then bought more at various price points to end up right now with a little less than 30K shares at an average cost of .1083

So in my case it's probably not stupidity or will, just 'right place - right time'. Goodness knows I've done enough bone-headed things and made enough bad decisions in my life up to this point, so maybe this will turn out well for me and swing the pendulum back the other way a little.

First post, nice to be here. Hello!

Page 2 of 3 123