Addict
    02-13-2009, 07:11 PM #1

Citi, Barclay and Cypress all increasing holdings

Citi, Barclay, Cypress funds, ALL increasing positions... NOW that is interesting... GOOD REPORT

http://www.ceoreportcards.com/2009/0...ldings-by-514/

What I find interesting about this is that the banks or the fund reported this on 2/12. Now it is a matter of finding if they indeed acquired the shares on 2/12 or this was just when they reported. Anyhow, at this point in time it is irrelevant, because even if the acquired them 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago, this means they know something we don't but this signals that they are confident in SIRIUS and that the company my not go BK !!!

...Unless of course they are swing or day trading, which I doubt.

Mentor
    02-14-2009, 07:25 PM #2
    The link is bad......

02-14-2009, 09:35 PM #3
    I think he was referring to this: http://www.ceoreportcards.com/?s=holdings

Guru
    02-15-2009, 03:21 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Citi, Barclay, Cypress funds, ALL increasing positions... NOW that is interesting... GOOD REPORT

What I find interesting about this is that the banks or the fund reported this on 2/12. Now it is a matter of finding if they indeed acquired the shares on 2/12 or this was just when they reported. Anyhow, at this point in time it is irrelevant, because even if the acquired them 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago, this means they know something we don't but this signals that they are confident in SIRIUS and that the company my not go BK !!!

I know this post isn't timely to your post, but yes, check it out, institutions in the last 3 days of last week have been buying SIRI. This is most encouraging. Mutual funds are scarfing SIRI up cheap. That is why I think holding for now is smart...also selling at the brink of any upsurge is smart IMO. Then if the price comes down enough, then buy again. Take a profit if possible on any uptrend before it comes back down. How long has it been since negative prices have taken over? Make a profit...kick back...and then profit again when the price is right. Nothing goes straight up forever...

If a person times it properly, they can make a good profit on an uptrend. A person could possibly make a lot more by being sensible by selling and then re-buying...just my opinion...not advice...

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 04:25 PM #5
    Buy on the rumor and sell on the news?

Guru
    02-15-2009, 05:15 PM #6
    bill look at palm's chart, they have gone straight up since they clear their bk hurdle, from 1-9, not the same but i would be careful not to sell to early, we have a perfect storm coming, nicemac, conference call, and jumping the bk hurdle, thse could come one after another, not in that same order, andmost likely not on the same day, but throughout the week, just be careful when u decide to take the profit is all im saying.Im going to have a hard time selling i dont want to sell anything till its in the dollar range or its absolutely going down without any doubt

Guru
    02-15-2009, 09:38 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    bill look at palm's chart, they have gone straight up since they clear their bk hurdle, from 1-9, not the same but i would be careful not to sell to early, we have a perfect storm coming, nicemac, conference call, and jumping the bk hurdle, thse could come one after another, not in that same order, andmost likely not on the same day, but throughout the week, just be careful when u decide to take the profit is all im saying.Im going to have a hard time selling i dont want to sell anything till its in the dollar range or its absolutely going down without any doubt
    Hey...hope you have got some sleep...haha

I sure as hell am not going to give it away for free....I am not beyond selling it either.....and I am not about to lose on it again (God willing), lol, but this is going to be an evaluation process and a guy will have to think pretty damn fast to do the right things IMO. If I had to go to work for the day and didn't have access to my stocks I would get an ulcer.

Tuesday is going to be the start of some big and quick things. My only two concerns are picking up a couple hundred shares of AIB or SBLK and watching SIRI. Once I have the AIB or SBLK then my stocks will be stable enough not to worry about them except for SIRI.

I guess I will just have to see what happens on Tuesday. If it goes blasting up in a quick surge, then I will most likely sell when the surge is ending and then re-buy on the pull back. You are right though, over a dollar would be sweet, but I quite honestly don't know what the stock will do. It could be a slow and ardent grinding process up. As for my prediction as to how the stock will respond....I don't have a clue.

So I will have a plan A - for a big surge and a plan B - for slow and grinding.

I would really prefer slow and grinding with consistency than a wild ass spike.

So don't worry, I won't sell cheap...I appreciate it...

Addict
    02-15-2009, 09:59 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by J56D View Post
    Buy on the rumor and sell on the news?
    Yes, you could do that.

Enthusiast
    02-15-2009, 11:39 PM #9

Putnum also increased their steak!

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.a...&selected=SIRI