Enthusiast
    02-11-2009, 08:10 PM #1

Worldspace, Muzak both bankrupt. SiriusXM must be next?

Do satellites and radio just not mix? Worldspace had little growth, and Muzak was just for businesses... But SiriusXM has content and growth and a huge subscriber base. I know the economy is horrible, but doesn't anybody see a huge opportunity in satellite radio to make an investment in it and save it?

Guru
    02-11-2009, 08:14 PM #2
    dont be surprised if mel pull's something off without any help.

Enthusiast
    02-11-2009, 08:20 PM #3
    I know his history so I'm not betting against him. But it's just like the perfect storm the way everything has played out. What else can go wrong here.

I'm pissed that I may lose my investment with SIRI, not surprised however. And the media, OMG. They love this thing. They're all on it like hawks, with their funny headlines. Lots of the articles are contradicting w/ wrong information. Everybody hates this stock, yet it's all they write about (especially the Fool, who I can't stand).

Head Honcho
    02-11-2009, 10:29 PM #4
    They are not in the satellite radio business... they are in the content business. As soon as Sirius XM realizes this, they will succeed. They should simply call themselves Sirius and they should market themselves as such. Sirius in your car, on the net, on your phone... its Sirius EVERYWHERE.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    02-11-2009, 10:51 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    They are not in the satellite radio business... they are in the content business. As soon as Sirius XM realizes this, they will succeed. They should simply call themselves Sirius and they should market themselves as such. Sirius in your car, on the net, on your phone... its Sirius EVERYWHERE.
    Charles, you are absolutely right.

Addict
    02-11-2009, 10:52 PM #6
    Be nice to see SiriusXm radios and subs sold on QVC. Maybe that is part of Malone's plans to buy SIRI? Imagine how many subs he could add?

Head Honcho
    02-11-2009, 11:14 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Charles, you are absolutely right.
    Up until a month ago, it didn't matter what I said... I was an asshole. Now... I am right about everything
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:05 AM #8
    All I know is that if SIRIUS survives, I will become a believer and I will get in. A company that can survive this downturn will be very well positioned when the economy starts turning around.

Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:19 AM #9
    Up until a month ago, it didn't matter what I said... I was an asshole. Now... I am right about everything
    Are you Bragging or complaining!

Guru
    02-12-2009, 01:56 AM #10
    We assholes can identify with each other