Page 23 of 24 ... 1321222324
    02-16-2009, 01:08 AM #221
    sworn are you using an on the floor broker

Addict
    02-16-2009, 01:22 AM #222
    I have a account with Banc of America as a Self directed broker....
    I just open my broker account and put in what I want...
    On pink sheet stocks I have to use a safe card before I can purchase,
    Its just like a credit card but when I squeeze the corner it gives me 2 random numbers that I have to use to confirm purchase....
    Why do you ask?

Guru
    02-16-2009, 01:26 AM #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    OK Bill, Im all set for Tuesday....I have my Realtimes Stock quote portfolio & charts set up and ready to go! I will figure out what ADX MACD and RSI is tomorrow.
    I like it already....What time setting do you leave it on during the day?
    Ticker 2m 5m 10m 15m 30m
    If possible I want to dump 25,000 shares of Siri when its a good time...Hopefully @.60 if we get a real good pop. I think it will be over bought at first...and I would be even with 25,000 free and clear...Then if it settles back 50% then maybe I'll will buy back double..maybe

Don't know what the reality is... but im a pisces so its ok to dream....
    Talk at you later.....

Positions AIB AIG BAC C ETFC F GCHK LVLT SIRI

Thanks again Bill... I have over $20k invested in my portfolio and Im Just learning..... Like my good friend says hey when your crazy....your crazy!
    Now I hoping you can make me smart too!
    I leave it on 1 minute and plus run times and sales to keep a pulse within that minute.

I will send post the setup that I use on here tomorrow. It is a pretty good one then you can modify it the way you like from there... Ya, it is a groovy piece of software...

Don't feel bad about you old software, mine was really pretty good from my online brokerage firm, but I wanted the moving indicators in real time, because that is what I trade buy. Little flashing lights don't tell you shit. This is like having real gauges -vs- idiot lights in the car.

So there it be.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-16-2009 at 01:38 AM.

02-16-2009, 01:28 AM #224
    It costs more per trade but when the market is crazy it helps

Guru
    02-16-2009, 01:31 AM #225
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    sworn are you using an on the floor broker
    ** Just jumping in here, lol***

Hey Ray, good day to you sir.

I hope your weekend in going well. I checked out prsc last night and it is a gold mine just waiting to be harvested. The only reason I wouldn't buy it on Tuesday is because it is about a dollar a share over what I want to spend on Tuesday. I would love to buy it. Man you know how to pick them. Cheers to you!

How could you possibly lose with that stock?? It is recession-proof also.

KUDOS and enjoy a Maker's on me! haha

Anything new?
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-16-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Addict
    02-16-2009, 01:38 AM #226
    Ray...I understand!

I try to use the K.I.S.S. system....

Keep It Simple Stupid...Thats what works best for me....

But Thanks for your input!

Bill... I gotcha... Im all excited for Tuesday...

So what was the wind up with the artical with AIB....I liked the gasoline joke!

But are you saying AIB is gonna get worse before it gets better!

02-16-2009, 01:50 AM #227

bill

that is a rocking good stock I bought early but it worked for me

I do not think it is going to back up

I like tripps vc not to buy but to watch

siriusowner could maybe help us with the cheap seats

thmr ,wm,ctic and vc may be going there but I have not picked up enough info yet

I am not really happy with 3.00 stocks with all the other oppertunity out there it wont last long

sorry about the spelling

I completely hen peck

02-16-2009, 01:53 AM #228
    sworn

keep it simple stupid is my creed

Guru
    02-16-2009, 01:55 AM #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Ray...I understand!

I try to use the K.I.S.S. system....

Keep It Simple Stupid...Thats what works best for me....

But Thanks for your input!

Bill... I gotcha... Im all excited for Tuesday...

So what was the wind up with the artical with AIB....I liked the gasoline joke!

But are you saying AIB is gonna get worse before it gets better!
    I couldn't tell either....maybe Ray can make some sense out of it. I find it really encouraging and yet at the same time not.

Here's what I think.....if you go to the link and read the comments section, made by Irish people (the ones that live in Ireland..haha) you will find that most are really depressed and at least one thinks it is good for the social welfare.

But Ireland is having a bitch of a time right now and to be on the bankers' side may be the good side of the equation.

One guy in the comments section has spent more money than the rest of them (the one that likes the social equation) and thinks this is good.

So I think I will just follow the stock out of the gate and see where it wants to go. I have to try and make some sense out of all of this before Tuesday, but I am going to look for more info. If you find any, please post it also.

Tuesday is going to be a complete mind f**k with SIRI. I don't know what is going to happen there.

If they give news early it can affect the day....If they give news later in the day it will affect the day. It could go anywhere, including down if there is a lot of dilution involved (which could happen, not saying it will).

I just don't have a clue.

What do you guys think?

Guru
    02-16-2009, 01:59 AM #230

Hot Pick!!

This one lights my lights up!!

By Zachary Scheidt, Editor, Taipan

JA Solar Holdings (JASO:NASDAQ) is my “Best Stock Under $10” pick. The company is a Chinese manufacturer of solar cells used in manufacturing solar energy modules.

JASO went public in February of 2007 at a split-adjusted price of $5. The stock was well received and over the course of the next year it returned more than 400% to investors.

It’s easy to see why investors were so excited about the stock. After all, the company is growing with earnings from $0.12 per share in 2006 to an estimated $0.90 in 2008 and $1.27 in 2009. That’s a compounded annual growth rate of over 50%!

But despite proven historical growth and expected future increases, the stock is still trading at three times earnings (that’s right, I said THREE – as in Goldilocks and only three bearish multiple points).
    Punishment for Past Mistakes

Why is the stock so depressed? It has a lot to do with mistakes that are already in the rear-view mirror. See, the company loaned some cash as well as stock shares to Lehman Brothers before the investment firm went bankrupt. That was a bad move! Now the capital is gone and the shares will not be returned, which means current shareholders are diluted.

I call this a tactical mistake by management – it turned out to be the wrong move. But it doesn’t reflect poorly on management’s judgment. After all, the failure was unprecedented and all the smarts in the world still would have had a hard time predicting this turn of events.

So now the market is punishing the stock for past sins (and for weakness in the industry). However, the past sins are over, and the industry is not going to go away. As attention returns to alternative energy, as it surely will during the next administration, solar stocks will once again gain favor.
    Beat the Bandwagon

I don’t want to sound sensational, but the opportunity here is quite impressive. Historically, companies with JASO’s growth prospects have sported multiples of 30 or 40 (or more) times earnings. But I’ll take a more conservative approach.

Let’s say analysts are too aggressive with their expectations. Suppose JASO only earns $1.10 per share instead of the $1.27 forecasted. Let’s further assume the multiple is 15 (as opposed to the 30 or 40 which used to be common). That still leaves us with a stock price of $16.50. That’s a triple-digit gain from the current price.

I know it sounds “too good to be true.” And I’m fully expecting plenty of back and forth, up and down before the stock gets to this level. But buying now as investors are despairing gets you an excellent price and sets you up for a fantastic opportunity.

Please keep track of your entry price and when you sell this stock a year or two from now, let me know how much you made. In fact, when you make triple-digit gains on your money, you will have enough cash to fly down to Atlanta and take the Scheidt family out to dinner! Haha – just kidding, of course. Here’s to future profits!