Page 2 of 24 123412 ...
    Guru
    02-09-2009, 07:23 PM #11
    Ya, those are the kind that I am trying to find for us also.

Hey Ray! Got any stocks up your sleeve??

Tripps, got any?

Tony and I need some big winners like that last one that you just had a while back.

Dread??

Anyone?? Anybody....we don't even care if we don't know you...haha

lol

I want to buy some stock and run it up!

Tony, where did you hear that LVLT is going to get funding?? And what do you know about it?
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-09-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Addict
    02-09-2009, 07:41 PM #12
    ...On Happy Hour...Cody Willard said it on fox business channel 117..... If you can watch todays show at 5pm or its on again at 11 pm. It was on their spec pics for companies that will benifit from tomorrows decision on the bail out ..that was his...basically he said for some reason, Sorry I cant remember why..that LVLT would be 1st in line for funds and they were needing funding for their 200m Debt payment...I gonna listen again tonight...but I think I gonna try anyway and if it goes down Ill back it up!

Mentor
    02-09-2009, 11:48 PM #13
    You guys know I am not a chart man, I am a financials man.

I will say this about online brokers: I think it is still too early. The economy is crap and people are NOT trading like they used to. The online stock brokers are going to be taking hits over the next quarter or two, until the NEWS starts getting positive on the economy. As soon as the news starts getting positive, they will start trading, and you can see a surprise in earnings in the next conference call.
    In addition to this, people do not keep 401ks in online brokerages. They keep their play money there. These days, there are a lot of people who do not have the play money to buy and sell.
    Keep in mind, I am simply talking about cycle trading. I have not looked at actual financials of any stock broker.

I did place a stop loss on BAC at 6.00. It never triggered, and I am happy about that. I will reset it tonight for $6.50 (BAC is trading down to 6.70 in AH). The stimulous package tomorrow might add some fuel to their fire and send it up higher, or they may not get as much money as expected and sell off. Eventually, it will sell off though and fall back down because there is too much toxic debt between Merrill Lynch and Countrywide Financil for them to keep rallying.

AIB was unchanged today, on average volume after a late day rally. Irish bailout due to be reported tomorrow or Wed, which should provide a positive catylist.

Addict
    02-10-2009, 12:22 AM #14
    I sold my bac early at around noon at 6.70 wouldnt you know it went to 7.05.. I always use a limit sell...but I always seem to pull the trigger too early...Dumb question time... how does the stop limit work! and do you keep moving it up as the pps goes up...Thanks...

Bill... I watch that show again and the reason he thinks LVLT is gonna get some money is to rebuild their network infastructure.. You know more about LVLT and how this is relevant..
    So maybe you can explain it to me! Thanks
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 02-10-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Guru
    02-10-2009, 12:27 AM #15

Etfc

I have been looking into ETFC....their chart was beautiful today. I checked my analysis with americanbulls.com and they have changed their position from hold to buy.

It is at 1.33 close. I may go 100 shares tomorrow morning. I am still looking at it tonight. I am going to check on Ockhams site here in a bit and see what they have to say.

Even if you are not a chart man, just look at the chart for a two week period and it will give you a visual. I will post in here about it before I buy, because I don't want anybody buying it without more info.

I was reading just a while ago that after the bank announcement tomorrow that the financials will be like you said...and that is all over the place. People will be trying to second guess everyone else and it will be caos on many levels.

It will be an interesting day.

I just looked at Ockhams and their info is from last Friday. I wish they would have updated it today.

Anybody reading this, you are on your own if you buy this stock. I am considering it through tomorrow morning. I am leaning towards buying.

Tony brought up LVLT getting TARP funds....it right now is about .95...last time I bought was at .87 and I think Tripps bought in at .81?? It is the .95 that has me spooked since I just sold it for .99 the other day. I just don't know till I have more information (I don't get Fox Business Network...darnit) so I couldn't watch the show that Tony was talking about.

If you have more info Tony, would you please share it...I am going to do some surfing for it.

Anybody else have some good stocks??

The reaction to the banking news tomorrow will really be interesting and I am going to keep an eye on BAC and see what it does.

Guru
    02-10-2009, 12:31 AM #16

Stop Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    I sold my bac early at around noon at 6.70 wouldnt you know it went to 7.05.. I always use a limit sell...but I always seem to pull the trigger too early...Dumb question time... how does the stop limit work! and do you keep moving it up as the pps goes up...Thanks...
    Works just like a buy limit but backwards...you have to keep adjusting it up because it is for the specific price that you want to be protected at. There are a few different kinds. (don't be confused by that). Go into your trading area where you put an order in and click on the help button. It will explain it to you.

I am sure that somebody here can explain the different types.

Guru
    02-10-2009, 12:37 AM #17

Bill... I watch that show again and the reason he thinks LVLT is gonna get some money is to rebuild their network infastructure.. You know more about LVLT and how this is relevant..
    So maybe you can explain it to me! Thanks
    It makes sense that they would get it because they are HUGE with broadband...one of Obama's pet projects.

They have that class action lawsuit filed against them now by pissed off former investors and that is why the stock has not been moving, however, with news of money going to LVLT people should respond.

How much? I don't know. The price has remained high for a while, in the .9x's and I don't find that an attractive entry point, but I could be totally wrong. If I am I will miss the boat, but I would rather miss it than being unsure. I guess we just have to keep a really close eye on it. It it starts moving and popping then it would be good short term until it gets ready to pull back, then sell and let the dust settle, then rebuy if it looks good.

I will keep an eye on it also, but right now it has me mystified.

americanbulls.com says to WAIT That is a great place to check daily. Tripps turned me onto it.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-10-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Addict
    02-10-2009, 12:39 AM #18
    Bill... you must of just miss it... read the post above!

I do need to get something...so Im thinking LVLT and this ETFC if you think it a good play..

As far as the financials...Cramer says its dosent matter what Obamas guy says that will affect the day its what this lady thinks that move the banks.. so it can go either way...with a very large swing! I sorry Im so veig with the info Im gonna start writing things down with better Info and names....
    But is better then not hearing nothing!

Guru
    02-10-2009, 12:56 AM #19
    Bill... you must of just miss it... read the post above!

I do need to get something...so Im thinking LVLT and this ETFC if you think it a good play..

As far as the financials...Cramer says its dosent matter what Obamas guy says that will affect the day its what this lady thinks that move the banks.. so it can go either way...with a very large swing! I sorry Im so veig with the info Im gonna start writing things down with better Info and names....
    But is better then not hearing nothing!
    LOL.......well, missing money on the way up isn't all that bad. At least you made money. That is why I just got new software that charts live with all of the indicators that I love. It costs about $30 a month, but you can follow the indicators and squeeze out that extra money in real time. It is a trader's stock service, not a broker who provides it.

If you are not going to be home, your limit will keep you safe. If you are home, the software will show you the story as you go along. So as the price keeps scooting up, you just have to keep changing it. At least I have to. I don't have a trailing stop...I think that is what you were asking, right? Or at least I haven't checked into it with my online broker trading area. I should do that.

As far as ETFC (E-Trade)...I am going to make some more inquiries tonight and I will post a decision pre-market in the morning.

How's that?

Mentor
    02-10-2009, 01:02 AM #20
    Actually, what I did today with BAC is to put in a trailing stop.

With Scottrade, you can place a trailling stop on a point basis or percentage basis.

What I did was place a trailing stop on BAC on a point basis at 0.5 points.

What happens, is that it will check your current trailing stop point and the stock price (I believe on a daily basis? Not sure on that one) If the gap is greater than your stop, then it adjusts the stop upwards. If it is less, then the stop does not move.

Lets say BAC was at 6.50. My trailing stop of 0.5 points puts my stop at $6. If BAC moves up to 6.75 tomorrow, my trailing stop would realize that the gap is larger than 0.5 points, and adjust my stop up to 6.25.

However, same scenario, but now the price drops to 6.25, the check would show that the gap is smaller than my stop, and it would not change it and leave it at $6.

The problem with these stops however is that they are not limit orders. They are market orders. If Obama comes out and says that BAC is not getting a penny and the stock tanks, it sees that the price is lower than my stop and places a MARKET order to sell the stock. If the price gapped down from 6.50 to $2, then it would sell it all at $2. That is where the risk lies...

Page 2 of 24 123412 ...