Page 1 of 24 12311 ...
    Mentor
    02-09-2009, 03:51 AM #1

Daily Market Watch - Week of 2/9/09

Interesting week ahead...

Sirius is all over the place. I have no earthly idea what it is going to do.

BAC: I am mixed over this. I had no time to research banks this week. The Dems and Reps are still squabliing over the damn bailout package. News will definately send the stock up, but will it drop on profit taking before then? I think I'll put a stop loss in at $6 and another limit order in at $5.25 in case it drops like a rock.

AIB is up as well, but not nearly like BAC was. I think they have room to run, and I will be sticking with them for now.

CTGI is no longer a tradeable stock and needs to be dumped IMMEDIATELY. They just reported on the 5th that they defaulted on one of their convertible debentures due to a ruling against them and must repay a large bit of money. They will be going down quickly in the near term.

Bill, I did not have a chance to look at any of the stuff you sent me. It has been a hecktic weekend...

Guru
    02-09-2009, 10:22 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Interesting week ahead...

Sirius is all over the place. I have no earthly idea what it is going to do.

BAC: I am mixed over this. I had no time to research banks this week. The Dems and Reps are still squabliing over the damn bailout package. News will definately send the stock up, but will it drop on profit taking before then? I think I'll put a stop loss in at $6 and another limit order in at $5.25 in case it drops like a rock.

AIB is up as well, but not nearly like BAC was. I think they have room to run, and I will be sticking with them for now.

CTGI is no longer a tradeable stock and needs to be dumped IMMEDIATELY. They just reported on the 5th that they defaulted on one of their convertible debentures due to a ruling against them and must repay a large bit of money. They will be going down quickly in the near term.

Bill, I did not have a chance to look at any of the stuff you sent me. It has been a hecktic weekend...
    Don't feel lonesome....I was busy all weekend and have to work later this morning and have new stock software and I am going crazy.....yikes

This will be a busy day.

You are playing BAC smart. AIB could run. Damn, too bad about CTGI...

I will be back when I can get here.

Have a great day

Addict
    02-09-2009, 11:38 AM #3
    Hey all,
    Just dumped BAC @ 6.70 So im out of Bac totally for now...

Citi isnt really doing very much...But I will hold it untill tomorrow incase the bad bank news pushes it up!

They are suppose to announce about AIB any time so Im still holding that...

Thats about it everything else I have is going nowhere!

Im up for any Ideas......Bill

Positions AIB AIG C F GTXO SIRI

Addict
    02-09-2009, 12:32 PM #4
    Tripp...How you feeling about LVLT these days....The price seems right!

Guru
    02-09-2009, 12:45 PM #5
    its up to you man but it could drop to the .60's again like it did last time.

Guru
    02-09-2009, 03:09 PM #6
    Too high for LVLT to get into it now.....let it slowly die a while....at least into the .80's to maximize your money...just like Tripps said. Look at the chart. Definitely on the wrong side of the wave to be buying. It is still on the way down....a shorter's dream, not a buyers.

I will be back....looking at some stuff...just got home.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-09-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Guru
    02-09-2009, 03:11 PM #7
    AIB 1,230,000 volume....at a stand still and holding sweet.

Guru
    02-09-2009, 05:23 PM #8
    I am fishing around for some good stocks. Everything held today really good except SIRI.

I am amazed that AIB did so little volume and stayed up there.

CY had a great day.

ABK is turning into a tough stock. I am going to ride it out. I always had faith in it. I should have bought a bunch more when it was really cheap but I was really too nervous when it pulled back down to 1.00 a few times.

F is just down there f'g around swimming with the Pollywogs.

E trade is starting to look respectable. It went up .15 today on a really nice looking chart. You might want to check the chart out and we can discuss it. You can't beat an online broker down forever. I am interested in it. I haven't bought any yet, but am going to look at it tonight. Let me know what you think, anybody.

There are a few others that I am looking at but have to examine more closely. After looking further into them I will post them here if they are worth a shit.

Ideally, I would like to find a few cash cows....ones that run up really fast and buy those and sell them quick. Pack away the dollars. If anybody has some of those, please share them with us.

be back.....

Guru
    02-09-2009, 05:30 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Hey all,
    Just dumped BAC @ 6.70 So im out of Bac totally for now...

Citi isnt really doing very much...But I will hold it untill tomorrow incase the bad bank news pushes it up!

They are suppose to announce about AIB any time so Im still holding that...

Thats about it everything else I have is going nowhere!

Im up for any Ideas......Bill

Positions AIB AIG C F GTXO SIRI
    You have your head screwed on right and doing all the right things.

Ya, F is F'd! lol....it is a long term anyway. C is hanging in there. GTXO, I didn't look at it today, so I don't know, but it seems to be a good solid investment. It doesn't move anywhere, so it can't be too dangerous.

I am hoping for you that it goes up here really quick. Let's all chant - 2 cents...2 cents....2 cents...yah!

So do you have any hot little stocks.

I am going to look at some really volatile ones that can run up in a day and the next day the party is over. I'll see what I can find.....

Addict
    02-09-2009, 06:30 PM #10
    No not yet... but im thinking about a new plan! At least new for me...I want to get a stock thats reasonable, and as I watch it pull back hit it hard and try to catch 5% and better swings....you know the ones that go up and down the same everyday...
    Thay say lvlt is gonna get some stimulas money....they owe like 200 million and can Possibly become a $10 stock...

I gonna start looking a little harder! I got out of bac a little to early today...

Gtxo actually hit .12 but did not trigger!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ...