Page 32 of 74 ... 22303132333442 ...
    Enthusiast
    02-12-2009, 10:08 AM #311
    All you lucky b*stards in under 50 cents! Am I the only foolish die hard with a $2.40 cost average? I am tempted to buy today at 6 cents. Now this is the lottery ticket that Jerk Cramer was touting.

Enthusiast
    02-12-2009, 10:14 AM #312
    Quote Originally Posted by deewcom View Post
    All you lucky b*stards in under 50 cents! Am I the only foolish die hard with a $2.40 cost average? I am tempted to buy today at 6 cents. Now this is the lottery ticket that Jerk Cramer was touting.

No, I'm in at $2.57......115,000 shares.

02-12-2009, 10:17 AM #313
    We got crushed by everybody when were down 52% -- now we're up 60% prematket and not a peep.

SIRI is giving me a persecution complex...

Enthusiast
    02-12-2009, 10:18 AM #314

mwa ah ah ah !

i just bought 10,000 shares of SIRI ! does that make me- A , dumb - B , optimistic - C , someone who just sold his Alex Rodriguez Topps rookie card before it goes down dramatically and will probably bring down SIRI with him so what have I got to lose.

i miss Dale Murphy , Mike Schmidt , Wade Boggs , Tony Gwynn , and Kirby Puckett , real ball players.

thank genetics for the new SI Swimsuit issue , don't tell my wife.

Mentor
    02-12-2009, 10:41 AM #315
    So much speculation in all of these articles.......give me some facts.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...D_yahoo_ticker

Sirius: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Ergen
    by John Paczkowski
    Posted on February 12, 2009

The Sirius XM fiasco is fast becoming high drama. Hoping to avoid bankruptcy and fend off an unsolicited takeover attempt from satellite mogul Charlie Ergen’s Echostar (SATS) which has been acquiring its debt, Sirius (SIRI) has approached Liberty Media (LINTA) about a possible transaction. “People briefed on the negoations” say talks between the two companies are advanced, but it’s not yet clear how much Liberty would be willing to invest in Sirius and whether it’s even interested in the control of the company.

Like Echostar, Liberty Media’s interest in Sirius revolves around the company’s physical assets–satellite and terrestrial repeaters (towers that bolster satellite radio services with Liberty’s DirectTV (DTV) satellite television services. Said Stanford Group analyst Fred Moran. “All of these companies are satellite-delivered media. If you can cross-market, cross-promote and intertwine services between satellite video and satellite audio, you could strengthen your competitive position.”

Question is, is Liberty interested in such a thing and is it willing to repay Sirius XM’s debts and buy out the company’s existing shareholders to do it. If it’s not, Sirius may well be forced into bankruptcy, which company officials reportedly claim is preferable to inking a deal with Ergen and Echostar. Seems Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin can’t bear the thought of giving up control of the company to Ergen.

Sirius shares are trading higher this morning on the news after being viciously beaten down Wednesday by reports that the satellite-radio company is mulling a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.

Addict
    02-12-2009, 11:24 AM #316
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    gGo away mr know it all
    Hey, it is not my fault that your reckless optimism and trading took you to this point. Go ahead, keep buying Siri, it is your money, in the end it is a lottery ticket, you either make it big or lose it all.

For me, I just take calculated risks. Call me conservative, yes I am Republican, but if I want to gamble big, I'd go to Las Vegas, at least there I know the odds are against me for sure but I will be having FUN.

Addict
    02-12-2009, 12:24 PM #317
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusowner View Post
    hey, it is not my fault that your reckless optimism and trading took you to this point. Go ahead, keep buying siri, it is your money, in the end it is a lottery ticket, you either make it big or lose it all.

For me, i just take calculated risks. Call me conservative, yes i am republican, but if i want to gamble big, i'd go to las vegas, at least there i know the odds are against me for sure but i will be having fun.
    wrongggggggggg again

Enthusiast
    02-12-2009, 01:47 PM #318
    SiriusOwner,
    Thanks for your comments and contributions.
    Devil's Advocate, perhaps, but cold realism & actual experience is
    a necessary ingredient to any analysis.

SiriusHope,
    Thank you, too. But please relax. This is a place where as investors
    we try and look at all viewpoints. There's free speech here,
    but live and let live. If you don't like anyone's viewpoints or
    comments, you're quite free to ignore them.

Addict
    02-12-2009, 02:35 PM #319
    Quote Originally Posted by nisvan View Post
    SiriusOwner,
    Thanks for your comments and contributions.
    Devil's Advocate, perhaps, but cold realism & actual experience is
    a necessary ingredient to any analysis.

SiriusHope,
    Thank you, too. But please relax. This is a place where as investors
    we try and look at all viewpoints. There's free speech here,
    but live and let live. If you don't like anyone's viewpoints or
    comments, you're quite free to ignore them.
    I agree. Buying just because this issue is cheap is not being analytical.

But hey, anyone can do whatever. I just lost $150.00 USD on this deal because I got assigned ten Jan 2010 $2.5 put contracts. If I had bought the shares at $2.50, I would have lost $2,500, instead I sold the contracts @ $2.35 and made $2,350. Now I am the proud owner of 1000 shares of SIRI with a cost of $2.50-$2.35 = $0.15 cents plus comissions!. I honestly though at the begining of the year this issue was going to do better and I was bullish on it but evidently I was wrong, like y'all BUT I did not risk $2,500 on it!!!. I could have made $2,350.00 though...and still can, my $150.00 loss is basically a paper loss because I have the shares...unless they declare BK.... And you know what ? At the end of the year I can declare the $2,500 loss if I need to. My "profit" was in the contract and that is treated differently by the IRS than capital gains from stock.

That was a bad analysis on my part but do you see the difference between a calculated risk and reckless optimism ?

ps: After 2/17 I will be selling more puts or buying calls if I think the company will recoup. I WILL not buy the stock, too much risk.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-12-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Mentor
    02-12-2009, 02:38 PM #320
    All this bankruptcy talk is scary I know, but it could just be the XM subsidiary that they are preparing for. After this Feb. bond debt, all of the rest of the '09 debt is XM debt. The Dec. '09 XM convertibles are the spookiest to me.........

Page 32 of 74 ... 22303132333442 ...