Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    02-09-2009, 10:56 AM #11
    cos1000, I am not saying I know for sure. It is just what I believe, is the reason he is giving for the dilution. Also I just wrote that at Seeking Alpha about the WSJ having this information when they put out the original article. Does anyone think they did not? I mean what a difference that information would have made in perception of the original article.

Also cos1000, we all know what kind of person Mel is from reading about him (he comes in and merges companies to get the value of it up then leaves (that was a quick overview)). Given the choice if he was thinking back in Dec. when Charles was asking him about a takeover, if there was a good chance that bankruptcy was a possibility then he would have taken the buyout/merger. Lets face it, it is a easy choice one makes him look like a genius and the other a fool.
    Last edited by john; 02-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.

02-09-2009, 12:52 PM #12
    I'd like to say, thanks for this site and ya'll who go beyond the headlines to see the agenda of these "reporters". Otherwise I'd be crappin' kittens right about now....

Enthusiast
    02-09-2009, 01:04 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Thanks for posting the full article!!!

If Mel was offered say like 4/5 a share last year, and declined the offer. I am going to shit the bed!!!

Eventually we will find out the truth, if Ergen is a knight in shining armor, we need a check mate here for the end game.

I swear!! This stock is worse than high school, with all the rumors swirling around it. And I hated high school, except for a few great teachers I had.

Have a good night everyone!! I am out. I think? lol
    No way was Mel offered $4 or $5 a share. He would have definitely taken that deal. I'm guessing IF this story is true, Ergen's "offer" was likely something lame like .10. If Mel rebuffed him, it's because it was a lousy offer and Mel believed at the time that he could do better. We'll see.

Enthusiast
    02-09-2009, 01:43 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    No way was Mel offered $4 or $5 a share. He would have definitely taken that deal. I'm guessing IF this story is true, Ergen's "offer" was likely something lame like .10. If Mel rebuffed him, it's because it was a lousy offer and Mel believed at the time that he could do better. We'll see.
    My thoughts exactly - Ergen must have made a low-ball offer. Any offer worth considering would have give the sharholders an SP for the enterprise value as if there were no debt then subtract the debt. i.e. what would Sirius's market cap be without the debt? Certainly not $400M or even $4B . . . probably well more than double that.

If the WSJ has such reliable source then why was the amount of the offer not disclosed?

Mentor
    02-09-2009, 03:04 PM #15
    How well are these "sources" familiar with the situation ????????????

Nothing can be verified yet.......

Enthusiast
    02-10-2009, 12:02 AM #16

media

So is all this rumor BS and Sirius has the debt been refi, or have we been sold out?

Mel say it isn't so!

How much cash does Mel have?

I thought it was around 300 million.

Page 2 of 2 12