Page 2 of 2 12
    02-09-2009, 12:11 PM #11
    I also want to hear about all of the competitors to Sirius Xm, whether here or on Orbicast, or anywhere else I can get the information. Let's face it Sirius Xm has put all of its resources on Satellites, and Content. The FCC put a strangle hold on their developing innovative products, retarding their entry into other platforms. The Internet is where growth outside of their Satellite system exists not just in the US, but worldwide.

Their development on the internet is pathetic and that just is a fact. Slacker, Pandora and other portable and online products have been born out of Sirius Xm's poor entry to this platform and have develope great app's and products. I listen to Sirius Xm, using Starplayer for Windows. It needs work, but even with that, it is far superior to SXm's player.

The new XMP3 isn't even equipped with WiFi, WTF. I would never pay the money for the stiletto 2, given the reports I've read on them. If live radio on a portable device is unreliable, then WiFi and the internet feed is what your left with. Right now SXm is inferior to what else is available there.... It is disappointing. As far as giving Mel in company a break. No Way. I expect excellence and will complain until we have it.

02-09-2009, 12:24 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Sirius will one day own Slacker because they are barely a pimple on their ass when it comes to subs.
    Do you know what the numbers are? I have never seen their user stats.

Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Any any free service will not be in business in a few years because they need to make $ and Slacker is not going to make it on advertising when they have virtually no listening base to speak of.
    As far as I know, they offer 2 different subscription plans are not free. Not to mention they sell their own hardware which uses their service. I am not sure why people think they don't make money or have a business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Their development on the internet is pathetic and that just is a fact. Slacker, Pandora and other portable and online products have been born out of Sirius Xm's poor entry to this platform and have develope great app's and products.
    Amen. If Sirius XM got it right the first time around we wouldn't be talking about either of these companies today.

Page 2 of 2 12