Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    02-06-2009, 02:56 PM #1

Charles has a problem with me picking on him.

Charles, if you have a problem with me because you think I am picking on you. Then first of all dont start with the PERSONAL insults because you are usaully the one that starts that. Second dont try to argue with me when you are on the wrong side of the arguement. Now if you feel the need to ban me, that just proves you are a small minded man, that if you cant defend a opinion, then you will just ban the opposing person making it. That speaks volumes about your character. Finally dont send me a personal Email telling me you dont like that I am picking on you and if I dont stop then you are going to ban me. Be a man and put it up here to let people see just what kind of character you have.

Like I said before to clueless, you may run this site, you dont run my life.

P.S. We will see what kind of man you are on weather you remove this thread or not. That also gos with me. Because dont give me the bullshit, I have seen much worse from many others to others. You are just mad because it is you that cant take the heat. By the way you may feel like a big man because the site now gets 10,000 visits but I was here in the begining and helped spread the word to help get you those. (crfceo did alot of the rest of it by spreading the word at the YAHOO message boards) But you keep up with that ego and see if people keep coming.

Guru
    02-06-2009, 04:35 PM #2
    Charles, sent me his Email (telling me he was going to ban me) after these comments on this article,(Email was sent 2:46 on the 4th of Feb. check out the times of the comments). I will let everyone be the judge he said they have guide lines to comments on the articles and I went over them can Charles or anyone point out where I did this:

john says:
    February 3, 2009 at 3:31 pm
    Holy crap, what do you people want? I say that because first what do I see people pissing and moaning about things not happening fast enough on the financial side ONLY 2 MONTHs after the merger. Now what do I hear, where is the combined technology. My god it takes alot longer then 6 months to develope, fine tune, and get approvals, before finally getting something to market. By the way dont even bring up the interoperable radio. That has been in the works for alot longer then 6 months. As you recall there is a company that both SIRI and XMSR had that was in charge of that. That company had access to both kinds of tech.

NiceMac LLC says:
    February 3, 2009 at 3:34 pm
    StarPlayr for Windows was the 1st interoperable software player created by a third party. It took 1 day.

john says:
    February 3, 2009 at 3:55 pm
    Now why dont you ask MSFT howlong it took to come up with Windows 98, or Windows XP. Now as an example you yourself have come up with a product for Apple and SIRIXM yet since your release of the news it has still not been approved by Apple yet. Now how much longer is that going to take. I mean come on already you already released the news, it should already be avaible to the public today. I am only using your estimate. It has already been over a day already.

Charles says:
    February 3, 2009 at 4:23 pm
    I am not sure you can compare an operating system to a radio. I know they can make an entire car in less then a year so, it should take substantially less time to create the radio that goes in that car.
    NiceMac LLC says:
    February 3, 2009 at 5:35 pm
    That is up to Apple and the AppStore approval. Not us. It is officially out of our hands. 300 beta testers have the preview release. It should not be much longer but from what I heard AppStore approvals can take anywhere a week to a month.

Please direct your inquiry to Apple what the status is of the AppStore Approval.

Thank you,

Todd

john says:
    February 4, 2009 at 11:48 am
    How long has it taken for the volt. By the way, The Viper is a perfect example of why it takes much longer then a year to just go from concept to being real. That car was the shortest in the companys history to go from concept to reality and it took just over a year.

Charles says:
    February 4, 2009 at 11:53 am
    You’re right John, it should take years to develop a new radio.

john says:
    February 4, 2009 at 1:47 pm
    Once again Charles you lose your grasp on reality and have to try self exaggerate other peoples comments. Charles I will bring you back down to earth. There is a difference between months and years.

Charles says:
    February 4, 2009 at 2:27 pm
    Thanks for “bringing me back down to Earth,” I don’t know what I would do without you.

OK… I will try this… how long should we have to wait? How long should it take? It is clear you need to have the last word even though I make valid points so, I thought it would just be simpler to agree with you.

Your whole point was that it takes time and that 6 months is not long enough… so I said years… how long should it take John? It’s been 3 years and I have still not been WOWed by anything they have done.

Again, they come out with an entirely new car model each and every year, how long should it take to make the radio which is placed into said car?

john says:
    February 4, 2009 at 3:52 pm
    Charles, Once again I bring the Volt up while new styles of the same models come out every year (by the way those new styles are worked on for years before, I have a friend that was working on the transmission for the 2007 F-150, BACK IN 2005) they dont come out with a totally new model each and every year. Hence why it takes 3 and 4 years for Ford & GM to get a new type of hybrid out. Also to my knowledge they did not have their hands tied for a last year and a half waiting for a merger. I say give them at least 9 months to a year after the merger, and the same gos for the companies actions on all the rest.

Charles says:
    February 4, 2009 at 5:46 pm
    I guess we simply have to agree to disagree.

I think radios should take far less time to create the a car and I as I said before, I would hope that they would have been creating these radios all along. They should have a version of the stiletto 3 ready to go with 4 and 5 in the works.

Based on what I have heard from insiders… this is not the case.

02-06-2009, 05:11 PM #3
    So where's the part where he says you will be banned?

I too have been having trouble posting stuff to the forum because of the exaggerated moderation and the forum cops, but my solution has been very simple - I just don't post to the forums anymore.

I'm making an exception this time, but if you don't hear from me again on the forum you know why. I do still participate a bit on the actual site but usually only when Tyler posts something since he seems to be the only competent one left.

Maybe orbitcast will start a forum... competition may lead to improvement.

Guru
    02-06-2009, 05:32 PM #4
    Mario, the part about banning me was in the Email he sent to me, because it was a private Email I did not think it right to post it. But the time was 2:46 on the 4th of Feb as you can see. There was nothing in the comments section of that article that I believe went against the guidelines. The only thing that there was in the comments section was me telling him how wrong he was, or as he put it in the Email, me going out of my way to pick on him. If you notice it was he that started in on me not the other way around. I made a comment and he replied to my comment.

Also Mario, Charles may think this is also picking on him but it is a direct result of the Email he sent to me. There is cause and effect, the problem with Charles is he still does not realize he is the cause and I am just responding (the effect)
    Last edited by john; 02-06-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-06-2009, 06:44 PM #5
    So, everyone, ask yourself... who is the bad guy here? The guy who takes the time out of his day to reach out (via email) to one of the 10k visitors that come to this site on any given day or the the guy who goes out of his way to create a thread like this? Pretty childish right?

I get more complaints via email about john then I do about anyone else who visits this board and frankly, I don't have the time to deal with it. I, in now way, want to ban john because I can't handle his aggravation, it is because he is toxic to the site and if I have a choice of keeping him or keeping the people who complain about him... I choose the greater good. That's all I have to say about it.

BTW

I am a man... and me not arguing with you has nothing to do with my lack point or your great points and everything to do with me not having more then 10 minutes of free time per day. I would be an ass to waste that time arguing with you about nonsense when no matter how good the point anyone makes, you can never be wrong. http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575

If you want to question my "manhood" I will happily provide you with my home address and you can come pay me a visit anytime.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    02-06-2009, 07:18 PM #6
    Charles would you like me to post the whole Email? or do you want to reread it yourself or should I repost it to prove my point and show I am not lying here: You spent the first paragraph, telling me to not pick on you that I broke the rules of your site by doing so. That if I did not stop you were going to ban me. You then went on to say that you have 10,000 visits to the site and if you had to ban me then you would not miss me. The fact is you are the bad guy here, you took the time to threaten me in a email because you felt I was picking on you. YOU STARTED IT, this thread would not even be here if it was not for your threating email because you felt like you were being picked on. You can say all you want about complaints. the fact is, I dont do any worse then many others do to others and I did to you. the proof is in the pudding, I dont think it is a quintessence the times of the comments on the article and the time of the Email are within minutes of one anothe

Once again you are the cause I am the effect you attack me I fight back. Just like when you replied to my first comment. That was not me searching you out (as you accused me of in the Email you sent me) that was you searching me out.

P.S. Charles, please as ask before I would like you to show me in the comments I reposted where I crossed the line here. I am sure I can come up with a multitude of examples of others doing worse. Have you sent them emails also telling them you will ban them to.

I tell you what I live in Michigan, wayne county. The next time you are in the area shoot me a email, I will be happy to accomodate you.
    Last edited by john; 02-06-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-06-2009, 11:06 PM #7
    I never said "stop picking on me" and I am not the kind of person who is bothered by words. My issue was the blatant personal attacks and language used as it doesn't add anything to the site. Calling me an idiot doesn't add to the validity of your argument (one that I was never having with you by the way), it just weakens it. You constantly tell people they are wrong, that you have won, and that they are on the losing side of an argument but, you never actually address points and rarely prove anything.

I honestly find it strange, and never in my life of working around some of the brightest people from the likes of Harvard, Cornell, and MIT have I ever heard any of them proclaim (in all seriousness) that they have won and that someone else has lost an argument... why? Because when you have really won, you don't have to point it out. John, you can keep saying that you have won and that you are the smartest guy on the face of the Earth but, I am not sure who you are trying to convince? Yourself?

I honestly don't have time to read your responses thoroughly but since you think this is such and important hot topic in the world of Sirius... here is the email and everyone can criticize.

John,

I am busy so, I am going to be brief... if you attack me personally, go
    out of your way to insult me personally, or continue to carry on in the
    comments section even though we have posted established guidelines... I
    will simply ban you from the site (you will be the first ever in 3 years).
    It's really not worth my time to follow you around and make sure you are
    behaving. I get complaints on a weekly basis about you on the site and in
    the forums... you are the only person people go out of their way to
    complain about. Rather then taking the time to sort things out, it would
    just be easier to ban you and be done with it. We are now receiving over
    10k visitors per day and I really will not be sad to see you go.

You really should go back and reread some of your arguments and the points
    you make, just proofread them and you should see how crazy some of the
    stuff you say sounds. It isn't even that your arguments are always bad, it
    is that your command of the English language doesn't allow you debate
    effectively. You also constantly fail to address strong points that people
    make and cherry pick things you want to argue about. In short... you are a
    know it all and you are impossible to speak with in a civil manner.

I am really not trying to bash you, I am just trying to do you a favor
    with some constructive criticism. I hope that you will take the advice and
    stick around.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Again, I tried to handle this in a some what civil manner behind the scenes but John is the one that found it necessary to air out his dirty laundry for the likes of everyone. You have once again hijacked the site for your own cause... it has been 8 hours now and I think it's clear that no one cares. Act civil and let it go.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    02-08-2009, 03:24 PM #8
    Charles, as I said the first part of your letter was telling me, to stop picking on you. Only you and some that want to kiss your butt would not think that the first part of that letter was not basically saying "stop picking on me". As for me calling you an idiot that is true I have. I Know you are not saying your hands are clean here because you do know you have done the same to me. As for me constantly telling people they are wrong, we have gone over this before but because you cant seem to retain information that long I will tell you again. I dont say something on something unless I am pretty dam sure it is correct. I also dont argue or debate people that I know I will lose to. You dont see me taking on arguements or debates with Homer or Tyler do you. There are reasons for it, they generally know exactly what they are talking about. (As a matter of fact the last time I disagreed with homer on something, he may very well be right if the last anaylst is correct.) If you notice in the almost 2 years I have been here. I not only did not feel the need to post in the forums but had a total of 20 or 30 in the 4 or 5 months I was there before many came to the forums. I also still am at a pretty low ratio of comments to time compared to many. I have broken you statements down almost line for line and shown you to be wrong. I had to do that because you jumped from point to point as I proved you to be wrong on each one. That is what people do when they are losing and it is what you did. Just look at your last link, it proves my point.

Now as for me being a person that will tell you "I told you so", that is who I am I admit it fully. I also will admit when I am wrong, just like if homer is proven right I will tell him he was and I was not. Just like at the end of the "I told you so" thread, I said I hope this article was correct because I would hate to have to tell Zcurzan "I was wrong".

Finally as said anyone getting an email like the one you sent and showed here will see that is not a civil letter you sent, unless you want to start a civil war. Your letter was (as many of your attacks) to belittle and demoralize, as you think you are so superior. I dont know who you think you are but you are not my father, so dont try and scolled me like you tried in the email. If you cant see that in that Email you sent, then there truely is something wrong with you. I came here so people could see how illogical you are as you have been for the most part. If you wanted to handle this in a civil or mature way you should have wrote:

Hey john, I dont know if you are going out of your way to personally attack or insult me but if you are I would like it to stop please.

Thanks in advance, Charles

I would have then replied to your Email with this (in an Email to you):

I am sorry Charles if you think that. I am confused as to where you think the attacks started though in the last comments I made to you. If you recall it was you that started the attacks with this:

Charles says:
    February 4, 2009 at 11:53 am
    You’re right John, it should take years to develop a new radio.

I am unsure but that seemed to me to be belittling in nature by tring to exaggerate what I said. So while I am willing to stop in the attacks you do realize that is a two way street, right. So I will expect the same from you.

Thanks in advance, john

P.S. I hope you see how this should have been handled and we can end it as I have showed in examples of the Emails that would have been sent, if each of us wanted to be civil to one another.

Thanks in advance
    john
    Last edited by john; 02-08-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Head Honcho
    02-08-2009, 04:09 PM #9
    You must have a lot of free time.

Dude... it has been days... no one cares, including me. I honestly don't even read your replies. It's not like we are going to work this out, our points of view are diametrically opposed.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    02-08-2009, 04:30 PM #10
    Charles I have already told you, I am retired have been for 3 years. That may come to an end though cant get a proper rate on CDs and dividends are being cut. I may have to get back to working again. I know you are sorry to here I may not have that much extra time anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12