Page 2 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    02-08-2009, 05:24 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You must have a lot of free time.

Dude... it has been days... no one cares, including me. I honestly don't even read your replies. It's not like we are going to work this out, our points of view are diametrically opposed.

Charles,

Why did you remove my post on the Echo article? What is your problem? You seem to have a problem with certain people. Maybe you ought to shut the site down if you are going to continue to micromanage everyone's post.

Head Honcho
    02-08-2009, 06:36 PM #12
    I have not looked at the comments on the site today so, if your comments were removed... it was not me.

Did you see your comments on the site as soon as you posted them? Or was there a note saying "awaiting moderation?" I do not see any comment for you which is in queue so, I am guessing that your comment appeared to be spam to our system and it was never added in the first place.

Feel free to post your comment here and I will tell you why it was captured.

If you, or anyone else has a problem with how this site operates... feel free to change the channel.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    02-08-2009, 09:31 PM #13
    I copy and pasted a post from the SIRI Yahoo board written by this guy named "Duke". I asked for others opinions on his post. I cannot see how this was considered spam.

Head Honcho
    02-08-2009, 10:06 PM #14
    You never answered my question... was your comment posted or did it say "awaiting moderation?" In order for me to remove your post... it would have had to have been there to begin with. So, I resent your initial accusation. I would say that 99% of the flack I receive is unwarranted.

Now... to answer your question. Was there a link in the comment you submitted? Was the link to a yahoo message board? Did that link point to a place that held the same content as the content you pasted? Was the comment abnormally long or was it just a sentence or two? Was there any inappropriate language? Askimet is very powerful spam analyzing software. If it looked like spam or content replication it was probably flagged and removed.

That being said, if you copied and pasted a post from somewhere and posted it in the comments section... I would have removed it as well. The comment section is for your comments and not for wholesale copying content and asking questions about it. That is just hijacking the post for your own benefit... which is why I went out of my way to create the forums. You can ask questions, post links to article, and even posts polls to get feedback about that kind of stuff.

I am willing to let people say and post whatever they want as long as they put it into context. Create a whole knew thread and call it "who is this duke guy on the yahoo message boards", that wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    02-25-2009, 03:06 PM #15
    Just to let you people know, I have also had comments removed and deleted. I know it was not charles that did it because I have access to much of the behind the scenes stuff and 1) Charles was not online at that time and 2) My comments showed up in the awaiting moderation section. The forum software automatically catches stuff that appears to be spam and will either delete it immediately or hold it for moderation. It does not do this based on the name or IP address it was posted by. It does it based on content.

Mario: As far as "forum cops", I am pretty much the only cop that does patrolling of the forums. If I deleted any of your posts it was because of blatant personal insults that did not add anything to the conversation. I do not delete entire posts if there is usefull information in there, I will simply edit the personal attacks. Please give me an example of a post of yours that I deleted, and we will analyze it here to see what usefull information you posted.

Mentor
    02-25-2009, 03:09 PM #16
    Perhaps this is the one you are speaking of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    You're a retard. Just cancel your subscription. You think we really care and you think the company cares just because 1 idiot like you wants to cancel.

I'm sick and tired of all the assholes coming to this board and posting some minute complaint and then going on about how much Sirius sucks and about how they are going to cancel.

Waaaa. My signal cut once when I was driving in a snow/lightening storm through northern Alaska. But I always hated Sirius and I was never happy with the service and now they don't want to refund me the 14 cents from my last bill because the signal cut for 18 seconds in the middle of Stern. Those bastards. I'm sooooooo pissed. That's it, I'm gonna cancel.... But first I'll post it on this board... maybe somebody from Sirius will see it and contact me and offer me a blowjob and a cock rub as a retention perk.
    Tell me what is constructive or helpfull about this post?

Mentor
    02-25-2009, 03:16 PM #17
    Hmmm, from all of this trouble you have been having with the "forum cops", that is the ONLY post that has ever been deleted of yours....

A few other questionable ones were let go. For instance, "Forgive him Tyler, for he is an idiot."

Or: Ahhh screw it, I don't want to sugar coat it any more... you're an idiot.

You have had one blatantly rude post deleted since you joined the forums in August of 2007, and you are crying about forum cops?

Page 2 of 2 12