Page 4 of 8 ... 23456 ...
    Mentor
    02-05-2009, 02:51 AM #31
    Newman

I feel better now. I've decided not to bend over!

Mentor
    02-05-2009, 02:52 AM #32
    Tripp

I knew you would come in here kicking WSJ butt. Stay positive my friend!

Addict
    02-05-2009, 02:56 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Newman

I feel better now. I've decided not to bend over!
    What's one more sleepless night.

Guru
    02-05-2009, 03:03 AM #34
    mel said he was looking for investor's to help with the 2009 debt if he needed too, well this is just that, and im sure he has ties to these guys like sxm said. The wsj could of spun this article in many ways, but they choose to go with some scenario straight out of a hollywood movie, not saying the scenario isnt possible but its not the most likely imo. If the stock drops it will bring in lots of volume and i bet it comes back and closes close to flat, thats if we see a big drop. Im not expecting a big drop, im expecting a day like today if not better. If this thing loses what it gained recently because of this pos article its a perfect example of why the media needs to be put in check. I say onyl report facts any speculation to the future of any security should be off limit's.

Mentor
    02-05-2009, 03:09 AM #35
    Tripp

Makes sense to me. kinda thinking the same thing about the new investor!

Addict
    02-05-2009, 03:15 AM #36
    You never know, we could have a short covering rally if it's just seen as an investor.

Mentor
    02-05-2009, 03:21 AM #37
    Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Joined: Jun 2008 Location: God's Country --- Up North Posts: 57
    02-05-2009, 03:53 AM #38

optomistic

I would say that this is ALL a net positive for Sirius. The probability that this is positive outweighs the negative for the market,IMHO. Sirius is a 15 cent stock. Do you not this the market hasn't factored debt purchases to force BK. Now consider the business relationship between Echo and Sirius and Mel K's social capital. I believe this may be something far, far bigger than any of you even conceive right now.

Echo is failing on all cylinders. OK, we've established that. Now, let's take Echo's TV content and merge it with Sirius' radio content. Let's put it in an automobile. Let's use Sirius Backseat to do it. Let's rival ATT's lame attempt to put TV in a car (which will cost potential service subscribers a small fortune).

It's time to put on your speculation and rally hates fellas. This is a net positive for Sirius, IMHO!

Guru
    02-05-2009, 04:15 AM #39
    http://investor.sirius.com/releasede...leaseid=152476

February 12, 2004

EchoStar, SIRIUS Join Forces With Radioshack To Form Satellite Entertainment Alliance
    # RadioShack to Offer SIRIUS Satellite Radio in 7,000 Neighborhood Stores
    # DISH Network Announced as RadioShack’s Exclusive Satellite TV Brand
    # Multi-Year Agreements Include Comprehensive Marketing, Advertising and Promotional Activities
    # SIRIUS’ Commercial-Free Music to be Added to DISH Network Satellite TV Service

NEW YORK, ENGLEWOOD, COLORADO and FORT WORTH, TEXAS -- February 12, 2004 – RadioShack Corporation (NYSE: RSH), EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced the formation of a satellite entertainment alliance that positions EchoStar’s DISH Network and SIRIUS as the only satellite entertainment brands offered at RadioShack. DISH Network also announced it will make SIRIUS music programming available to the majority of its 9-million customers. The three-way alliance allows RadioShack to offer DISH Network – a service offering already available at RadioShack – and SIRIUS Satellite Radio, providing customers with one-stop shopping for their satellite entertainment needs.

This satellite entertainment alliance will substantially increase both DISH Network’s and SIRIUS’ sales presence throughout the country and is expected to open up new markets for both satellite broadcasters as they tap into RadioShack’s ubiquitous distribution network and knowledgeable sales associates.

“The synergy created through these new arrangements with SIRIUS and DISH Network is a win for everyone involved,” said Leonard Roberts, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of RadioShack. “RadioShack has long had the reputation for introducing consumers to innovative, leading edge products, and at the same time making it easy for them to buy and activate subscription-based products and services. With our engaged, knowledgeable sales associates and 7,000 points of distribution in every neighborhood in America, we’re in the unique position of being a market-maker for innovative technologies. This affiliation fits perfectly into our plans to be a complete entertainment source for America’s consumers.”

Beginning in mid-2004, RadioShack will distribute, sell and market SIRIUS in-home and transportable satellite radios, through more than 7,000 neighborhood retail stores in the U.S. and through www.RadioShack.com. RadioShack plans to offer a variety of portable Plug & Play and home do-it-yourself products, including docking kits and boomboxes, featuring SIRIUS’ service offerings.

“These agreements represent a giant step forward for SIRIUS which should generate significant additional subscribers,” said Joseph P. Clayton, President and Chief Executive Officer, SIRIUS. “Now, millions of RadioShack and DISH Network customers will be able to experience for themselves the pleasures of SIRIUS Satellite Radio’s 100% commercial-free music, and to see how this programming can add a valuable dimension to their overall entertainment. We are confident that once they hear SIRIUS, they will be eager to have our service – including a strong news line-up and unequalled NBA, NHL, and NFL sports coverage – in their vehicles or boats as well. We also know that RadioShack excels in taking new products from introduction to mass acceptance, and covers the country more completely than anyone with their vast network of retail stores. Together, we’re an unbeatable combination.”

“DISH Network provides the best content at the lowest price possible,” said Charles Ergen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of EchoStar. “These alliances with RadioShack and SIRIUS significantly strengthen our distribution with a pre-eminent services retailer in America – RadioShack, and give DISH Network customers the best music experience available – SIRIUS Satellite Radio. We believe these partnerships will add tremendous value for all of our customers and provide our retailers with a sales tool that is complementary to satellite TV.”

RadioShack, DISH Network and SIRIUS plan to work together to provide advertising and marketing support for their satellite entertainment alliance. This will include print and radio broadcast advertising, as well as monthly promotional flyers and inserts to customers, plus in-store displays, sales training and other promotional activities.

EchoStar, SIRIUS and RadioShack also announced that the three companies intend to develop other marketing strategies to promote their alliance, including possible development of other innovative product and service offerings.

Guru
    02-05-2009, 08:31 AM #40
    The government would block Dish acquiring Siri. Too much bandwidth in the hands of one company. (maybe)

Seems like a fear article to me and some of the posts about Mel reaching out for help seem more likely.

Page 4 of 8 ... 23456 ...