Page 16 of 24 ... 61415161718 ...
    Guru
    02-04-2009, 09:06 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Thats funny you should say that...My friend in the picture you guys seen last name is Horn...He a true decendent of Tom Horn....Another interesting character...He lives in Florida and Him and his wife was checking out the site because they want to learn E-bay....and she said where did they get all that stuff and Kevin said "It all about the trucks"... Actually I been buying out stores that are going out of business.... This stuff came from a uniform store in NJ....
    Ah, clothes for weekly protection costs!

Guru
    02-04-2009, 11:54 PM #152

Tony's Ebay Store

You sure have a bunch of Dickies! I didn't find any brass knucks or lead pipes, but I found a bullet-proof vest...hehe

Anyway, nice set-up you have there and I can imagine that you do really well with work clothes.

I had a crap day today, just like everybody else. Now we are all poor and waiting for our stocks to pop.

Tomorrow is another day, it should............hopefully not go sideways....or down.

Guru
    02-05-2009, 12:00 AM #153

The market for tomorrow...Thursday 2/4/09

We just can't seem to stay above the 8000 on the DOW and 1500 on the NAS. We are caught in a groove and the market is still going up and down at the same time.

Shorters are frustrated as they can't get set up and get out in time. A lot of them are getting shafted and losing percentages.

The thing is...if this doesn't start popping up above the 8000 and the 1500, there is a good chance that we will see November lows again, which would be tragic to buyers.

That is about as complex of a pre-market prediction as I can make. There isn't anything to even bloviate about

Good luck and may the force be with you.

Addict
    02-05-2009, 12:17 AM #154
    And also with you.....Good Nite...
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 02-05-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Mentor
    02-05-2009, 01:34 AM #155
    Bill, Tripp, Dread

Echostar has been quietly accumulating Sirius Feb Convertibles. WSJ online article. Posted on yahoo. Article alludes to first salvo in possible take over. Your thoughts? Would post link, but computer challenged.

Mentor
    02-05-2009, 01:35 AM #156
    Sorry Newman..forgot to add you in the list.

Mentor
    02-05-2009, 01:57 AM #157
    Quote Originally Posted by J56D View Post
    With all the talk about a reverse split for Sirius I thought the following would be interesting. I got an email today at 7:50 am touting Banneker Inc.
    BANI.PK because they were doing a 12 for 1 forward split. What I find interesting is that the share price at yestedays close was $00.25 and today it is now trading at $00.46. Can anyone tell me why they would want to keep their share price so low and why the stock would almost double with this announcement?

Click here: BANI.PK: 0.42 +0.17 (+68.00%) : BANNEKER INC - Yahoo! Finance

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BANI.PK
    **A puff of smoke! A flash of light!! The Oracle appears**

Greetings.

I have heard of many penny stocks doing forward splits... it is usually a manipulated stock. The primary holders will do a forward split, giving themselves a ton of stock. They will then send out a ton of flyers, direct marketing campaigns, and start flooding various message boards about the stock trying to hype it. Once it is pumped, they dump, wait until the stock goes back down, slowly reaccumulate, rinse, and repeat.

Why the price went UP after the forward split? I have no earthly idea. Did they just DO the split or just ANNOUNCE the split? If it was the announcment, yes the shares will go up. If they just DID the split, they should have gone down.

**Edit: Just read the Yahoo finance artice on it. They just ANNOUNCED the split. Once they actually DO the split, it will drop

02-05-2009, 02:14 AM #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    **A puff of smoke! A flash of light!! The Oracle appears**

Greetings.

I have heard of many penny stocks doing forward splits... it is usually a manipulated stock. The primary holders will do a forward split, giving themselves a ton of stock. They will then send out a ton of flyers, direct marketing campaigns, and start flooding various message boards about the stock trying to hype it. Once it is pumped, they dump, wait until the stock goes back down, slowly reaccumulate, rinse, and repeat.

Why the price went UP after the forward split? I have no earthly idea. Did they just DO the split or just ANNOUNCE the split? If it was the announcment, yes the shares will go up. If they just DID the split, they should have gone down.

**Edit: Just read the Yahoo finance artice on it. They just ANNOUNCED the split. Once they actually DO the split, it will drop
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!

LOL!!! I love it!!!

02-05-2009, 02:20 AM #159
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill, Tripp, Dread

Echostar has been quietly accumulating Sirius Feb Convertibles. WSJ online article. Posted on yahoo. Article alludes to first salvo in possible take over. Your thoughts? Would post link, but computer challenged.
    Interesting!! Not sure what to make of it at this point, not enough info. I will slum around the net and see if I can find anything to post back in here. Unless someone beats me to it.

Have a good night everyone!!

OOps!! here it is!!! http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-n...f-ec0b52109c15

Uh, I don't like this!! Thats my opinion!! If its true.
    Last edited by dread; 02-05-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Guru
    02-05-2009, 02:40 AM #160
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Interesting!! Not sure what to make of it at this point, not enough info. I will slum around the net and see if I can find anything to post back in here. Unless someone beats me to it.

Have a good night everyone!!

OOps!! here it is!!! http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-n...f-ec0b52109c15

Uh, I don't like this!! Thats my opinion!! If its true.
    Not to be a telling Nellie, but I said that Dish or Direct would pick up the bill. Now I am broke, investment-wise. BUY! MK will come out smelling like a great crab dinner and you will to.

SIRI is finally ready to rock! Forget Mel, just play your position. In a day or two watch SIRI.

Thanks Oracle!

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.

Page 16 of 24 ... 61415161718 ...