Page 15 of 24 ... 51314151617 ...
    Guru
    02-04-2009, 06:48 PM #141
    problems again delay E8bn banks bailout

Wednesday, February 04 09:48:57

(BizWorld)

Progress has inched forward just a little as a result of yesterday's cabinet meeting on plans to recapitalise the country's two largest banks.

Draft heads of a Bill were agreed by ministers to allow the funds of the National Pensions Reserve Fund to be used for the purpose, it has emerged.

The government is currently planning to pump 8bn euro of taxpayers money into AIB and Bank of Ireland.

A government source has confirmed this morning that the heads of the Bill were agreed.

The source denied, however, that the government had also agreed to insure 24bn euro of bad debts at the two banks.

The banks are in favour, according to the source, but the government has not finally agreed.

The government's refusal is being seen as a bargaining stance in ongoing talks with the banks.

Also in play is the matter of extending the government's 440bn euro guarantee on all bank debts and deposits.

Banks are seeking a two year extension of the guarantee to assist them in raising loans beyond its current expiry date next year.

Originally the unveiling of the recapitalisation plan had been expected for yesterday, then for today. However, with discussions still ongoing between the banks and the government, no firm date has yet been set.

AIB-owned Goodbody Stockbrokers yesterday urged the state to stick to its pre-Christmas proposal to inject 2bn euro into each bank.

They also said there was a precedent worth following from Britain where "the Treasury expects that the fee for the insurance scheme" is paid through the issue of preference shares and other capital instruments.

If such an approach was adopted here , it would save the banks 3.7bn euro.

If this was combined with the initially proposed total of 4bn euro in a preference injection, the brokers say, it would come in total to 7.7bn euro, close to the amount the government is proposing to put in.

Guru
    02-04-2009, 07:46 PM #142
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    good afternoon .were you able to pick up any bac
    I sold my fnm a.m. right away It saved me a few cents
    this may get real exciting
    Hi Ray,

Ya, picked it up at 4.74 today....and some Ford at 1.99

Not I am cash depleted in my stock budget until some checks get here...haha

Oh well, I have 7 new stocks....I will just watch them for a few days.

Sold Fnm eh? What may get real exciting?

Guru
    02-04-2009, 07:48 PM #143
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i played bac the last bounce no cash to play it on the next one im tied up on aib's bounce heh
    I know the feeling quite well now...haha

Guru
    02-04-2009, 07:53 PM #144
    problems again delay E8bn banks bailout

Wednesday, February 04 09:48:57

(BizWorld)

Progress has inched forward just a little as a result of yesterday's cabinet meeting on plans to recapitalise the country's two largest banks.

Draft heads of a Bill were agreed by ministers to allow the funds of the National Pensions Reserve Fund to be used for the purpose, it has emerged.

The government is currently planning to pump 8bn euro of taxpayers money into AIB and Bank of Ireland.

A government source has confirmed this morning that the heads of the Bill were agreed.

The source denied, however, that the government had also agreed to insure 24bn euro of bad debts at the two banks.

The banks are in favour, according to the source, but the government has not finally agreed.

The government's refusal is being seen as a bargaining stance in ongoing talks with the banks.

Also in play is the matter of extending the government's 440bn euro guarantee on all bank debts and deposits.

Banks are seeking a two year extension of the guarantee to assist them in raising loans beyond its current expiry date next year.

Originally the unveiling of the recapitalisation plan had been expected for yesterday, then for today. However, with discussions still ongoing between the banks and the government, no firm date has yet been set.

AIB-owned Goodbody Stockbrokers yesterday urged the state to stick to its pre-Christmas proposal to inject 2bn euro into each bank.

They also said there was a precedent worth following from Britain where "the Treasury expects that the fee for the insurance scheme" is paid through the issue of preference shares and other capital instruments.

If such an approach was adopted here , it would save the banks 3.7bn euro.

If this was combined with the initially proposed total of 4bn euro in a preference injection, the brokers say, it would come in total to 7.7bn euro, close to the amount the government is proposing to put in.
    Those British and Irish Politicians are kind of stuffed shirts. They will do it, in between tea times. They like to banter and posture.

That's my guess Mate.....cheerio.....God Save The Queen!

Guru
    02-04-2009, 07:54 PM #145
    Where in the hell has Tony been hiding? haha

Addict
    02-04-2009, 08:15 PM #146
    Whats up guys....I am right here....No changes in my menu today....Getting beat up a little on my bank pics....so I have to sit tight... I been very busy packing stuff from E-bay...I buy...My wife list...We both pack and ship...

If you want to take a look..go to e-bay...click advance searches....go to the find Items by seller and type Jerseygoods...I have Dickies pants...Red Kap Shirts and Coveralls....Take a look maybe you all need something.....Im not tryng to promote anything but the stuff is Brand New and very reasonable...

Thats about it.... Im always here!

Guru
    02-04-2009, 08:17 PM #147
    im thinking tony and his gambinos hit up a dickies truck haha, classic. :O

Addict
    02-04-2009, 08:36 PM #148
    Thats funny you should say that...My friend in the picture you guys seen last name is Horn...He a true decendent of Tom Horn....Another interesting character...He lives in Florida and Him and his wife was checking out the site because they want to learn E-bay....and she said where did they get all that stuff and Kevin said "It all about the trucks"... Actually I been buying out stores that are going out of business.... This stuff came from a uniform store in NJ....

Guru
    02-04-2009, 09:03 PM #149
    im thinking tony and his gambinos hit up a dickies truck haha, classic. :O
    LMAO!

I just can't figure out why he sells them by the gram.....

Guru
    02-04-2009, 09:04 PM #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Whats up guys....I am right here....No changes in my menu today....Getting beat up a little on my bank pics....so I have to sit tight... I been very busy packing stuff from E-bay...I buy...My wife list...We both pack and ship...

If you want to take a look..go to e-bay...click advance searches....go to the find Items by seller and type Jerseygoods...I have Dickies pants...Red Kap Shirts and Coveralls....Take a look maybe you all need something.....Im not tryng to promote anything but the stuff is Brand New and very reasonable...

Thats about it.... Im always here!
    I am going to check that out and also am going to look for lead pipes and brass knuckles in the background...

After dinner, I will check it out....

Page 15 of 24 ... 51314151617 ...