Page 3 of 4 1234
    Addict
    01-31-2009, 07:57 PM #21
    I bought my first 500x shares right before the merger was approved at 2.37...
    who would of thought the shares would of gone down after a merger....usually shares split and go up... Let me add at that time I knew nothing at all about stocks... so then I bought another 500x at 2...
    500 at 1.49...then Mel bought 2,000,000 @ 1.37 I said this is it...and bought 1000 more... I just keep buying on the way down thinking any day it got to turn around....the press was hot there was a lot of buzz and as It went down starting adding big....Its never turned around since...Then cramer told everyone to get out.. At .30 my friend said sell it all now and buy it back at a nickle I had then 25,000 I know if I would of sold it then I would got back $7500 and yes if I bought back now .10 that would be 75000 shares but the target price was .50 that easy to say now....but guaranteed if I would of sold out at .30 then it would started going back up....Plus I knew nothing about SiriusBuzz or people blog about stocks like now with you and Bill.. I learned the hard way...but since then Ive watch learned and read everything and you know what.....I still dont anything about stocks...

Addict
    01-31-2009, 08:48 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    think about it, all that money if u had stepped out and put it all in at 10-13 cents, how many shares would you have? You would be in a better position than avging down all the way. even if u had sold out at .60 you still would be in a better situation assuming you kept the money on the sidelines for siri. This should of been your move especially if u were expecting it to drop. Not saying what you did wont pay off but you would be in a better situation.

"right now ur pretty much in it for the long run no matter what sworntofun, all im saying is say you were one of the one's who bought 20,000 at 2 dollars a share, well when ur 40,000 was"

i can see how that can come off as me saying YOU where one of the one's but what i was really saying was - SAY if you where one of the one's which is hypothetical, i can see how it can be read wrong cause reading it back it looked that way too me. Anyway not attacking your strategy sworntwofun just something i would do in the future.

Tripping - your absolutely correct, but who knew it would ever go this low. Is this the bottom ot is .05. In a few weeks we should know alot more.

It's alot of If, if, ifs.... in your theory.

If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

Mentor
    01-31-2009, 09:10 PM #23
    Tripp

Well said. Many of us have learned a pretty valuable lesson with this investment. That was my point when I stated develop a plan and execute it as best as possible. I got caught in the emotional game and forgot investing 101 and 102. Never invest more than you can afford to lose, and check your emotions at the door.

But hindsight is 20/20. So now that I've avg down to .70 and still trying to decide whether to throw another 1-2k to get my avg down as low as I can.

Bill

Keep a sharp eye on Siri's chart. We may need that information right before and again after 4Q announcement/Feb debt

Thanks

Guru
    01-31-2009, 09:12 PM #24
    Your right but sometimes you can pull it off, some stocks are easier to read then other's i think siri going down was an easier read, of course i held from .30 cents down too so im hoping i learned my lesson.
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-31-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Guru
    01-31-2009, 09:14 PM #25
    dont think im just talking to you guys i did the same thing maybe not to the same extent but i shoulda saw the writing on the wall and sold and waited and watched, but i didn't

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-31-2009, 09:23 PM #26
    sxmivestor "If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle." ahahahahahahahaahahahahahah!!!!! Good one!

Mentor
    01-31-2009, 09:56 PM #27
    SXM

Doesn't everyone's Aunt have balls? Damn, must be a country thing!

Tripp

Keep the advice coming..us idiots(investors) need constant reminders of the rules of the game.

Guru
    02-01-2009, 02:12 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

Keep a sharp eye on Siri's chart. We may need that information right before and again after 4Q announcement/Feb debt

Thanks
    Thank You.

Guru
    02-01-2009, 03:45 AM #29
    okay maybe i shouldnt of said anything cause its jsut coming off greater than thou and it wasnt my intention.

Addict
    02-01-2009, 09:23 AM #30
    Dont sweat it!... Its like going to college...and paying tuition... It cost to get a education....

Check out this link on AIG selling off parts of businesses....Let me know what you think..

http://www.investmentnews.com/apps/p...&rssfeed=rss01

Page 3 of 4 1234