Page 2 of 4 1234
    Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 02:29 PM #11
    They sound stupid to you because you see Sirius as being worth the price (so do I) ... but, maybe they don't anymore? You can't be mad at people for their opinions.

What subscriber of any service is happy about a price increase? You are starting to sound a little weird man... just an FYI.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-29-2009, 03:05 PM #12
    Just thought I'd put up a link to the conversations going on within Digg on the motley fool article for uSirius. It was somewhat interesting to read through the comments from people not familar with SatRad, the price increase, and hear their feelings on the company etc.

http://digg.com/apple/Apple_Gets_Sirius?OTC-ig

Guru
    01-29-2009, 03:08 PM #13
    Charles, what sounds weird is you trying to defend the crazy statements they make. You fall into the crazy catagory. For instance you say you still like it so it is good for you, then you said that they may not anymore. Well the people we hear these statements from are people that have said they have 2,3,4 and more subscriptions. I am sorry but that is crazy to go from loving it so much that you have that many subscriptions to hating it because of the first increase of 2 dollars in 6 years. The reason that you sound nuts is because you think these people make sense. I am sorry, I dont because they are not. I would be living in a cave if I stoped using a service because they rasied their prices in 6 years and so would you and them.

By the way it is one thing to state; that this price increase sucks, or I cant afford the 3 extra subcriptions with the 2 dollar increase, so I am going to have to cut back and cancel 1 to make up the cost. That after all is logical reasonable and what most at most will end up doing in the end.

Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 03:14 PM #14
    Honestly man, read what you are writing, its wacky.

There have been major changes at Sirius XM whether good or bad... the fact is things have changed. Have you never purchased anything service, product, or otherwise only to find it no longer useful to you? Think about what you are saying man... do you still own and pay for every single thing you have ever purchased?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2009, 03:36 PM #15
    Charles, only you and people that are writing the wacky crap you defend, think I sound wacky. Is that any wonder though, you nuts all stick together.

And no I never have canceled anything that I loved so much that I would spend extra money for something not needed, because of some small changes (I call them small because we are talking about 130 to 170 channels for radio for god sake. I am sure you think these people got and stayed with satellite radio because of that one or two channels out of the 130 to 170)or after a small increase after 6 years of stable prices. You see unlike you I am sane, I know about inflation, I know price increases happen all the time. Crazy people are people that think the prices will be the same all the time, and only crazy people defend those people.

Here is a good example for you, take TIVO. They have increased their prices at least three times in the last 4 years. They also took some things away and added some other things. The fact is it is now like a microwave My 4 year old dosent even know you cant just skip commercials when he goes to the grandparents house. I personally cant stand not being able to stop and rewind something I missed when I am there. I could never see myself canceling. D
    Last edited by john; 01-29-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Addict
    01-29-2009, 03:41 PM #16
    I have to agree with John here.... I have Fios, I pay for 3 boxes.. I get rate increases.... My phone rate increases, computers connection rate increases... electric bill rate increases... get the point..What so different about Sirius... all companies eventually have to pass their cost down to the consumers...But John is the first person to bring to at least to my attention that is the first increase in 6 years... Which if that the case.. I think is long over due compared to other companies increases...

Guru
    01-29-2009, 03:53 PM #17
    Sworntwofun, If you had SIRI they never did (about 6 years) and if you had XMSR then 5 because they did an increase to match SIRI about 5 years ago.

Addict
    01-29-2009, 04:38 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Sworntwofun, If you had SIRI they never did (about 6 years) and if you had XMSR then 5 because they did an increase to match SIRI about 5 years ago.
    I've had Sirius since the first day when Howard Stern moved to Sirius...And never thought about the cost again...my payment is automatic..... but since the merger.....All the complaining about combining the channels and then adding cost for the internet feed..that we have had for 3 years free.... But nobody untill today (You) has said anything about its the first time in 6 years they have raised the cost...and you dont have to have the $12.99 service that we had no choices you can actually have the service cheaper... I loved Sirius so much now...with all the music, comedy and other entertainment I decided to invest in this company.... But Im am so sick of all the wining and crying over a couple of dollars.... They pay $8 for cigs... $8 for 1 drink at a bar $5 a shot.... $15 for a couple of doobies, how much money does is cost to see a baseball game or football game, down load a song for a $1 and all the crying for 2 dollars... I'll tell ya.... I wish they would either pay up or go get your sub somewhere else!

Guru
    01-29-2009, 04:46 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    I've had Sirius since the first day when Howard Stern moved to Sirius...And never thought about the cost again...my payment is automatic..... but since the merger.....All the complaining about combining the channels and then adding cost for the internet feed..that we have had for 3 years free.... But nobody untill today (You) has said anything about its the first time in 6 years they have raised the cost...and you dont have to have the $12.99 service that we had no choices you can actually have the service cheaper... I loved Sirius so much now...with all the music, comedy and other entertainment I decided to invest in this company.... But Im am so sick of all the wining and crying over a couple of dollars.... They pay $8 for cigs... $8 for 1 drink at a bar $5 a shot.... $15 for a couple of doobies, how much money does is cost to see a baseball game or football game, down load a song for a $1 and all the crying for 2 dollars... I'll tell ya.... I wish they would either pay up or go get your sub somewhere else!

here, here, all in favor say I.

I

Guru
    01-29-2009, 04:53 PM #20
    Sworntwofun, dont get me wrong, as Charles said it is natural to be set back about a price increase everyone would love to have them stay the same. Where I draw the line with these people is when they say they have 2,3,4 or more subs and are now going to cancel the whole lot. Believe me if you have that many subs and not because each one is for someone else, then you love the service because you are ready over paying for it by having that many subscriptions. By the way even if they are for other people then they were only paying 6.99 a month and should have been counting their blessings they were able to get away with it for that long.

Page 2 of 4 1234