Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Mentor
    01-30-2009, 12:54 AM #31
    Newman

IMHO I believe that John just used your name as an example in his post. I think you missed his point about how silly some of the posters can sound.

01-30-2009, 01:13 AM #32
    Thus proving that John is incomprehensible, his own worst enemy, and the worst spokesperson for this stock/company.

01-30-2009, 07:43 AM #33
    Hey good on nice mac for putting out an iphone app.

But SHAME ON Sirius for letting a 3rd party beat them to the punch. I've been saying Sirius should come out with one since the app store went up last year. I remember being told by some here even that that was a waste of time. Sirius could make some nice coin on the download fee from the app store alone. Not to mention all the potential new subs. It just boggles my mind that they dropped this ball.

Speaking of dropped balls.....ahem....if SIRIUS doesn't air a Super Bowl commercial I am seriously going to be flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct....because that is ANOTHER thing I've been screaming about....the TOTAL LACK of advertising. It's appalling. We've been merged going on a year now.....and NUTHIN. Ask the average person about it and they'd go HUH?

Ask em about Pandora or Slacker...and they'll be all like YEAH I KNOW WHAT THAT IS.

Doesn't that piss you off folks? OK....money is an issue. But come on. It's like management is doing EVERYTHING in their power NOT to be on the publics radar. We NEED eyeballs people. Advertising brings eyeballs. And there'll be MORE eyeballs watching the SuperBowl this Sunday than at ANY other time this year. Mel should have reached into his own deep pockets and funded the 30 second spot for Christ's sake.

I will OFFICIALLY lose faith in Sirius really trying if I don't see that dog loggo in some kind of tv ad this sunday. PERIOD.

I know the debt that's do in 3 weeks takes precedent....but this is IMPORTANT too folks.

GO CARDINALS! :-)
    Last edited by frigginregan; 01-30-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Guru
    01-30-2009, 09:23 AM #34
    Newman, no that was not directed towards you. I think after reading your comments on this site, I know where you stand. That this is a small increase after 6 long years, that only really effects some and not even all the plans. Also to top it off you can for a small amount extend that time of 6 years even longer. Like when you, for an extra 100 got a life time sub, which was really a price reduction for you. I thought because you know how sarcastic I can be would know that was sarcasm I was using.

Clueless, First of all when did I ever say that I was some kind of spokesmen for the company/stock. I am on a blog in a forum passing the time by correcting things I find to be wrong. You though are a mindless follower, I have seen to many examples of you backing off when Tyler or Charles corrects a position of yours. They run this site, they dont own your life.

Charles, there is a difference between growing up and maturing. Now you must have heard the saying that old man is just set in his ways, or there is a big difference between a woman at 18 and the same one at 23 (I would say the same for us guys but it is more like 16 and 30). It is amazing that people are wondering why SIRIXM is mainly going after the mature crowd, well you found your own answer, that and finance. You see, while those transformers you played with when you were a kid were cool, they are no longer cool for someone that is older that is why most toys have the recommended age groups on the box of that toy. Charles the toy company has already figured out when you are going to lose interest in that toy. I know what is it, are they mind readers or is it that they have done their research. You are right though about the "never" part, that was my fault for using the word "never", I do try not to use those kinds of words.

Next, I would like to pick up on "trippingthespeculatingpos" comments. Charles while you may switch from cell company to cell company, I dont think you are going to just drop cell phones altogether and just use a land line. The same gos for cable /satellite tv and using rabbit ears again. I also have not said even during the merger process that Ipods were competition to satellite radio. I have always felt that at most they were like CDs being competition to terrestrial. You see Charles, until AT&T comes out with something like satellite radio there really is no computition to it. The fact is it takes parts of all the rest to compete with satellite. Besides terrestrial radio, there is nothing that even comes close to competing directly with satellite by itself. The closest competition to satellite is terrestrial. That is a simple choice, do you want to pay for it in time (7 hours) or dollars (13). Is you time worth more then 1.73 an hour. For me these choices are easy, do I cut my own lawn or pay for it, do I fly or drive. I can understand these things being confusing to many even in Washington they dont realize all the work that can be done 9or saved) on a private jet compared to driving. They forget these men are in charge of the Amarican auto industry for god sake, their time is very expensive, the lawers time alone would have made it worth the price of the plane ride.
    Last edited by john; 01-30-2009 at 09:38 AM.

02-05-2009, 05:51 PM #35

Wink Sirius will make money from NiceMac

Sirius will make money from NiceMac.

Here's how. SiriusXM's satellites only cover N.A. (US and CA). It looks like South America is covered too but I don't think Sirius sells subs and radios in S.A. With SIRI's debt problems, it will be difficult to put up additional Radiosat's in the sky for the remainder of the globe.

The internet is worldwide and so will be uSirius StarPlayr via the AppStore. When this app is approved, it will open a whole new market for Sirius XM. All SIRI has to do is come up with an easy way for international users to sign up. The revenue will come from Internet only subs from overseas.

That's how Sirius XM will make more money from NiceMac LLC.

gt
    Last edited by goodtime; 02-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Guru
    02-05-2009, 09:40 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    It is amazing that people are wondering why SIRIXM is mainly going after the mature crowd, well you found your own answer....You see, while those transformers you played with when you were a kid were cool, they are no longer cool for someone that is older that is why most toys have the recommended age groups on the box of that toy. Charles the toy company has already figured out when you are going to lose interest in that toy. ....
    That does put it in perspective. I have been thinking all along that when the ipod generation grows up they won't want to mess around with playlists.

Ipods are ways to make kids cool...collecting songs etc is like collecting transformers.

To connect this to the topic...what is the next step for the maturing iphone/ipod crowd...the sirius app.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234