Page 3 of 4 1234
    Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 06:26 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    And no I never have canceled anything that I loved so much that I would spend extra money for something not needed, because of some small changes (I call them small because we are talking about 130 to 170 channels for radio for god sake.
    You are not addressing the issue directly. You are calling this a small change but that is all relative. None of my favorite channels were removed but if 3 of my presets were removed, I wouldn't be happy. You keep going off on tangents rather then addressing the fact that people fall out of love with stuff.

You really need to think about what you are saying. You have never canceled or stop purchasing anything that you once loved? This is nonsense, you must have a really big house, a lot of land, with a warehouse out back.

When I was a kid I wanted transformers, then one day, I didn't care anymore. When I was a teenager I smoked two packs a day and then the price went up and I quit (and that was an addictive drug). When I was in my mid twenties I spent a fortune adding performance stuff to my car, now I could not care less. These were all things that I spent money on and could not think about not doing at the time... now... they don't seem all that important.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2009, 06:32 PM #22
    well im sure you still pay for your cable tv right charles? and your internet of course, these are both just luxury items, b ut i see siri in the same way, people who get used too it are not going to give it up because of a little raise in price, maybe they will for a short time but its not going to matter cause they will resub at some point even if they dont come onto this forum to admit it.

Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 06:57 PM #23
    I actually switched cable providers and I am now looking into directTV (BTW I called my latest provider and told them about that and they offered me a huge discount to stay). But that is neither here nor there. People fall out of love with stuff... its just what happens. The price increase, channel changes, or negative perception of the company just might be enough to put someone over the top.

I have personally not done business with companies because I didn't like they way they treated me. AGAIN, I don't feel wronged by Sirius XM but, others do.

BTW... do you feel like you are getting a good value for what you pay for cable? I was paying almost $150 per month... and to me $5 per day is a lot of money. I think most people feel that way but dont have a choice in their area... people certainly have other choices instead of satellite radio.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2009, 07:06 PM #24
    haha i dont pay for cable only inet, yeah it's way too expensive, but i know alot of people who couldn't live without it. I'm a internet kid, i can get whatever i want from the inet i dont need cable. Sirius does not have the competition cable does though so you dont have the option of switching satrad providers.

Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 07:21 PM #25
    That is incorrect. In most people homes they have the choice of one and only one cable provider. The local cable monopolies are a big issue right now.

In my car I have plenty of other options besides SATRAD that allow me to hear music, at my office I have even more.

Either SATRAD competes with ipods, FM, and internet radio or it doesn't. You cant say that it does to argue against a monopoly and then say that they dont when it comes time to chose an alternative. (I am not talking to you directly)
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2009, 07:24 PM #26
    yeah and people can still hook up rabbit ears on their tv i believe. there is only one option for premium radio content. Im not talking bout music,im talking the whole genre talk sports what not

Addict
    01-29-2009, 07:24 PM #27

Dave from NiceMac talking with Howard on the air about uSirius StarPlayr

Clip of Dave from NiceMac talking with Howard on the air about uSirius StarPlayr http://forums.geekstoolbox.com.....1233253624
    This is good exposure on The Howard Stern show......
    Its a proven fact that what ever is advertised on Howard Stern becomes #1 almost instantly
    and here it is....It about time Howard finally is promoting something positive for Sirius...

This is big!!!!!
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-29-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Head Honcho
    01-29-2009, 07:32 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yeah and people can still hook up rabbit ears on their tv i believe. there is only one option for premium radio content. Im not talking bout music,im talking the whole genre talk sports what not
    A TV antenna with a digital converter (starting in a couple of weeks) only gets you a few channels.

As far as there only being one option for "premium radio content"... not everyone utilizes that. I have friends who use it for music only. I think that is a big piece of the picture that people here are missing. For A LOT of people SATRAD is just music. Again... and I feel I have to say this at every turn... it is not just music to me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    01-29-2009, 07:36 PM #29
    yep music is what i use it for the least, i enjoy talk radio.

Mentor
    01-30-2009, 12:31 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Newman, dont you see SIRIXM should not make any money on this, they are a charity arn't they. They should just give the internet away for free not collect a dime on the product/sevice and just ask for donations to pay for everything.

I am sorry, but to read some of the pissing and moaning from some people about the first increase in 6 YEARS. I just thought I would show how stupid they sound.
    john, I wanted to address this, because I think you thought that I was bitching. That could not be furthest from the truth. I think this is a brilliant move by the company. I think the only thing that would have made it better is if the app was put out by THEM instead of by a third party.

As far as raising prices, I wholehertedly agree. I am on the XM side of things, and I have seen one price increase since I signed up with them. Now, rather than paying for ANOTHER price increase, I am locking in my rate and my internet with a lifetime sub. Tyler posted today about it.

A lifetime sub is $399, or $499 with best of Both. If only 1 million subs (or about 5% of the subscriber base) buys the base plan of a lifetime sub, that is $400 million. Can we say December 09 debt payment?

I think this was a great move on behalf of the company. All I was saying is that I think the release of the StarPlayr app and the raise in internet pricing was not a coincidince.

Page 3 of 4 1234