Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Guru
    03-02-2009, 01:09 AM #51
    they are getting the same revenue yes slightly less but instead of over 3 years they get it right off the bat, so its three years worth of some1 paying a sub without having to wait 3 years, and there wont be enough takers for this to really do damage in the way your saying. Its only for the lifetime of the radio as, and any replacement is 50 bucks or soemthing close to that up to 3 replacements.

well siri canada is still rather new isnt it? when siri was new they did this deal alot more as well if i remember right.
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 03-02-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: double post

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-02-2009, 01:18 AM #52
    Yes I believe Sirius Canada is new. I was also not aware that is was only the lifetime of the radio. So if you sell your car and buy a new one with a different radio you lose your sub? After three times...?

Guru
    03-02-2009, 01:31 AM #53
    no its only replaced if ur radio shits out due to no fault of your own.

Head Honcho
    03-02-2009, 03:24 AM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    This poll is worthless...cannot extrapolate anything meaningful from it.
    Really? I can extrapolate a lot from it. I put that poll in place to poll my readers and to gather information about my websites visitors. I would say it's pretty valuable.

AGAIN, the numbers aren't as good as everyone thinks. Of course they are not obligated to give those numbers but, if they were good, I would think that they wouldn't have such a problem making them public.

That being said, forget the poll, forget all of the guessing, forget the speculation... I don't care what anyone thinks the number might be ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THERE IS SOME NUMBER. To ignore that number along with all of the parking lot subs is IRRESPONSIBLE INVESTING.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    03-02-2009, 09:42 AM #55
    Charles the company (XMSR) has made it pretty clear that they are not up to 25% as of the 2nd quarter CC. They are the ones that stated that they would like to get that number higher because they believe it would lower their Churn. My point here is that if what they say is true then they would Skew their number to show a higher family plan % then they did, if SirusXMinvester or you are correct about your analysis. Your analogy saying the company wants to show a lower number of family plans then they have fly in the face of logic (because of what the company has stated that, they would like the family plans to be higher). The other factor is the ARPU and as long as that stays were it is, they would love to say they have a much higher number of family plans. This was also discussed in the CC a analyst ask well wouldn't that bring down your ARPU. The response was, well yes but we feel that the churn rate would be alot less, to more then make up for the lower ARPU.

Mentor
    03-02-2009, 05:48 PM #56
    Charles

I can agree that yes there is a number and it cannot be ignored. that was not the meaning of my post that started alot of this. what i meant was that the same person simply cannot start throwing out numbers without anything to back it up. Especially when the numbers went from 7M all the way up to 12M+. As far as this poll goes, I guess that you can use the data, but it is seriously flawed.

Head Honcho
    03-02-2009, 06:16 PM #57
    I think you can throw numbers around though, and people should because, as an investor its all that you have. You have to conservatively speculate. If you think the number is conservatively at least 5% then you should use that number. You SHOULD NOT sit back and say, well, I have no idea what the number is so, I am going to ignore it.

I have no idea what the corner gas station is charging per gallon today or what the stock price of SIRI is but, I bet I can make an educated guess that is pretty damn close. Because I don't know for a fact, I should just shut up and toss my logic and education to the weeds?

For the purpose of my website the data is in no way flawed.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-02-2009, 09:48 PM #58
    Charles

I think it is perfectly ok for you to believe what you believe. As well as what john thinks the number is. Thats fine. All I have been saying is that 1 guy throwing out random numbers that are so far apart is absurd. If he thinks closer to 7M great that is his opinion. Or 12M thats fine too! But he can't have them both..is it 7M or 12M. that 5M is a large difference.

Page 6 of 6 ... 456