Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Enthusiast
    01-27-2009, 04:00 PM #1

Poll results to date.....

Of the 170 voters who claim they have at least one sub, 124 are multiple subscribers. That is more than two-thirds or 66%. If this is a true sample then there are only 7 million individual subscribers. This result, in my opinion, is ugly and very disappointing. This is a paltry number. Mel should be ashamed of himself. What the hell is this company doing to keep and gain subscribers? It appears those who enjoy the service buy multiple subs. Those single subscribers are those who get the service upon a new car purchase and cancel after the free trial period expires. We should be calling IR and asking them how many individual accounts the company currently has as of this date. Mr. Blalock should have this info at the tip of his fingers.

Mentor
    01-27-2009, 04:09 PM #2
    Sorry, but I dont think a website that focuses mainly on the investment standpoint of Satellite Radio is going to give a true picture of the actual subscriber population.

And besides, if that IS the true population, that means there are a LOT of people who LOVE satellite radio and may not mind paying the extra cost. That may give one hell of a revenue boost to Sirius XM at a time when they need it the most.

Guru
    01-27-2009, 04:17 PM #3
    yeah i love how your spinning it with your obvious bias, i know quite a few sat rad subscribers, none of them have more then 1 sub, so if i did a poll of people i know that have sat rad it would be 8 with 1 sub and 0 with more than 1 sub which would mean 100 percent of subscribers only have 1 sub according to my local people i know poll.

Addict
    01-27-2009, 04:27 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Sorry, but I dont think a website that focuses mainly on the investment standpoint of Satellite Radio is going to give a true picture of the actual subscriber population.

And besides, if that IS the true population, that means there are a LOT of people who LOVE satellite radio and may not mind paying the extra cost. That may give one hell of a revenue boost to Sirius XM at a time when they need it the most.
    Newman - 7 million is not a bad number, it is actually a good number. US population is about 306 million. Of that about 66% work. So 202 million is the working force and that means that only about 4% have one or more Sirius subscriptions. Think about the potential !
    No wonder AT&T is launching that new service.
    Of course this poll is not scientific and the sample is not truly representative of the US working population.

Guru
    01-27-2009, 04:32 PM #5
    Newman, I am with you. I wish it was true because that would mean alot of extra money come March 11th.

SiriusXMInvestor, I hope this makes you feel better. Now while there were not specifics in the 2nd quarter conference call, XMSR did say that they would like to get the number of family plans up to 20 to 25%. XMSR went into the reasons for them wanting to get the family plans up, which was it creats more costumer loyalty and they would therefore have less of a churn rate. It is also known that SIRI was not as high as XMSR was on their family plans but they were working hard on getting them up, they said that is on reason the OEMs are so important to retail that if they have the service and like it then they will buy an extra one for their other car or home (under family plan). If you recall Mel stated this when he talked about, taking what works best at each company and using that model for both going forward.
    Last edited by john; 01-27-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Guru
    01-27-2009, 04:33 PM #6
    exactly my point this poll is worthless!

Head Honcho
    01-27-2009, 09:01 PM #7
    I wouldn't say that the poll is worthless. I think if anything it shows that people who like the product (our visitors) are willing to purchase multiple subscriptions. What is also interesting is the number of people who come here but don't have a subscription at all.

For the record, I made note to siriusxminvestor that numbers would be biased because of the kind of people who frequent this site. As a poll for Sirius XM as a whole it doesn't say much but as for the a poll of the visitors of this site it is pretty meaningful.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    01-27-2009, 10:22 PM #8

family subs

The companies have released multi sub stats in the past. Between 20% and 25% of th subscriber base is on the family plan.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    01-27-2009, 10:32 PM #9
    I believe there are more multiple subscribers than singe subscribers. Just as you said, those who like the product purchase multiple subs.

Enthusiast
    01-27-2009, 10:38 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    The companies have released multi sub stats in the past. Between 20% and 25% of th subscriber base is on the family plan.

Using the 20% figure means about 4 million subs are multiple subs. If each of those have at least two subs means 8 million subs fall within the family plan definition. That is a conservative number. I still stick with between 7 - 8 million total individual subscribers that make up the 20 million exisiting sub total.

Page 1 of 6 123 ...