Page 2 of 3 123
    Mentor
    01-27-2009, 11:01 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    That is easy -
    No one is shorting it anymore.
    Siriusowner,

Well, the Nasdaq short interest report just came out and the SIRI short interest has increased and SIRI is now the #1 shorted stock on the Nasdaq as of Jan.15th - according to the Nasdaq's own report that just came out!

What do you have to back up your claim that "no one is shorting it anymore"?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/market...29669420090128

NEW YORK, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Short interest on the Nasdaq edged up 0.2
    percent in mid-January, the exchange said on Tuesday. Below are the five Nasdaq stocks that experienced the largest increases and decreases in their short positions from late December to mid-January, according to information released by the exchange. The five companies with the largest overall short positions are also listed. The latest date is as of Jan 15.

FIVE BIGGEST POSITIONS:

Sirius XM Radio (SIRI.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 219,626,558
    Level 3 Comm (LVLT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 159,950,081
    Intel Corp (INTC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 109,807,015
    Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 92,445,347
    E*TRADE Financial (ETFC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 77,665,801
    Last edited by Demian; 01-27-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Guru
    01-27-2009, 11:09 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Its not just SIRI with low volume, only a handful of stocks each day have good volume.

Every stock on my watch list has had low volume since the new year.

My reason is the government, no one wants to invest right now when they can come in and change the rules anytime to suit there agenda.

Like when the banks were all getting shorted to death, the government came in and changed the rules. No one wants to play a game they can't win right now.

Until these clowns go away and let the free market correct itself, nothing will happen!!
    Bravo! I knew we were friends for a reason

Addict
    01-28-2009, 12:22 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

Well, the Nasdaq short interest report just came out and the SIRI short interest has increased and SIRI is now the #1 shorted stock on the Nasdaq as of Jan.15th - according to the Nasdaq's own report that just came out!

What do you have to back up your claim that "no one is shorting it anymore"?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/market...29669420090128

NEW YORK, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Short interest on the Nasdaq edged up 0.2
    percent in mid-January, the exchange said on Tuesday. Below are the five Nasdaq stocks that experienced the largest increases and decreases in their short positions from late December to mid-January, according to information released by the exchange. The five companies with the largest overall short positions are also listed. The latest date is as of Jan 15.

FIVE BIGGEST POSITIONS:

Sirius XM Radio (SIRI.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 219,626,558
    Level 3 Comm (LVLT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 159,950,081
    Intel Corp (INTC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 109,807,015
    Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 92,445,347
    E*TRADE Financial (ETFC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) 77,665,801
    Today is 1/27 not 1/15. Besides short interest does not mean that the companies are being shorted right now (Short interest (from investopedia): The total number of shares of a security that have been sold short by customers and securities firms).

Short interest probably stayed the same or had a slight decrease in the last few days (from the 15 to the 27). Even if it stayed the same, it means no one NEW is shorting the stock.

And finally the report talks about biggest increases and decreases but it does not mention if SIRI actually increased or decreased (which it is irrelevant today anyway).
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 01-28-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Mentor
    01-28-2009, 12:29 AM #14
    Siriusowner,

The miniscule volume and price action in the last few days since Jan. 15th does not indicate that the shorts have covered and stopped shorting...

Besides, you said that "no one is shorting it anymore."

Addict
    01-28-2009, 12:44 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Its not just SIRI with low volume, only a handful of stocks each day have good volume.

Every stock on my watch list has had low volume since the new year.

My reason is the government, no one wants to invest right now when they can come in and change the rules anytime to suit there agenda.

Like when the banks were all getting shorted to death, the government came in and changed the rules. No one wants to play a game they can't win right now.

Until these clowns go away and let the free market correct itself, nothing will happen!!
    Using Demian words: No you are wrong... (and can never be right...well those are mine, lol).

There's two ways this pendulum (market) swings. To the left (or bottom) or to the right (or up).

Right now the market is close to the bottom side. If there were high volume I would say that it would continue going down...however; volume has dried up which means that conviction is low and the pendulum is about to swing in the other direction, up. If the market starts coming up with high volume, it is time to buy... stop buying whenever volume starts to dry up again.

ps: Do not buy if the markets starts coming up with low volume, it may be a retracement.

This is one of the principles of swing trading.

Addict
    01-28-2009, 12:48 AM #16
    Siriusowner,

The miniscule volume and price action in the last few days since Jan. 15th does not indicate that the shorts have covered and stopped shorting...

Besides, you said that "no one is shorting it anymore."
    That is not what I said. I said "no one is shorting it anymore" I never said they have covered. I covered.

Tell me, why did Sirius ended up in price today ? What does that mean ? You should know by now.

Mentor
    01-28-2009, 01:34 AM #17
    That is not what I said. I said "no one is shorting it anymore" I never said they have covered. I covered.

Tell me, why did Sirius ended up in price today ? What does that mean ? You should know by now.
    The only words in quotation marks above are........"NO ONE IS SHORTING IT ANYMORE."

I did not misquote you...........period.

SIRI closing up less than a penny on low volume doesn't mean anything.........

Addict
    01-28-2009, 01:43 AM #18
    The only words in quotation marks above are........"NO ONE IS SHORTING IT ANYMORE."

I did not misquote you...........period.

SIRI closing up less than a penny on low volume doesn't mean anything.........
    You implied that I have said: ".... the shorts have covered and stopped shorting..."

I never said "...the shorts have covered..."

I've always said SIRI closing up or down less than a penny is meaningless... You are the one that gets all excited whenever it moves up .001

Mentor
    01-28-2009, 01:49 AM #19
    You implied that I have said: ".... the shorts have covered and stopped shorting..."

I never said "...the shorts have covered..."
    I did nothing of the sort. I did not misquote you or "imply" that you said something that you didn't. You are falsely accusing me and it's getting boring...

Did you try any of those wines I recommended to you the other night yet?

Addict
    01-28-2009, 02:03 AM #20
    I did nothing of the sort. I did not misquote you or "imply" that you said something that you didn't. You are falsely accusing me and it's getting boring...

Did you try any of those wines I recommended to you the other night yet?
    I am not falsely accusing you... you wrote it, it is in the thread. I am getting bored, tired and sleepy...

I have not, but I remember... Liberty School & Blackstone, right ? I will try them this weekend if I can find them in Midland.

Page 2 of 3 123