Page 6 of 7 ... 4567
    03-10-2009, 03:19 PM #51

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb0127 View Post
    Does anyone here happen to know what feed you will get if you have a lifetime sub (32k vs 128k premium)? I've seen contrasting answers around the internet and wondering if anyone here had any insight. I recently bought a Sonos receiver to stream the Sirius internet feed through, but it requires the Premium Internet feed. My existing ID (bought lifetime in 2005) worked for a while but stopped working yesterday. Just wondering if I have to ante up for premium or not.

Thanks, any insight would be appreciated...
    I was under the impression that beginning tomorrow, everything will be 128k. I am on lifetime too and was paying for premium. I just cancelled the premium yesterday so hopefully that is the case, and I'll actually be paying less because of this change

03-12-2009, 01:23 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by buddywiser View Post
    I was under the impression that beginning tomorrow, everything will be 128k. I am on lifetime too and was paying for premium. I just cancelled the premium yesterday so hopefully that is the case, and I'll actually be paying less because of this change

Hi buddywiser, did you find that to be the case after yesterday? Mine did not change my subscription seems to still be at 32k. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to start paying the 2.99...

Guru
    03-13-2009, 09:05 PM #53
    my xm account says i can upgrade to the premium...I had hoped it would be free but I was never led to believe i would receive the premium feed.

Enthusiast
    03-14-2009, 06:36 PM #54
    I believe we were mislead. Sirius said that they would be going to the 128k feed and that the 32k feed would be discontinued, unless you became a lifetime sub you would continue to get the free Internet feed. Well if they are discontinuing the 32k feed then it was assumed that you would be getting the 128k feed with the lifetime sub. We were swindled.

Enthusiast
    03-14-2009, 06:51 PM #55
    This is what my email from SiriusXm contained: Very crafty wording to suck you into a lifetime sub.

On March 11, 2009, we will upgrade the online listening experience to near CD-quality digital audio. Satellite radio subscriptions will no longer include internet radio at no charge.*

If you renew your subscription now, you will continue to get online listening for FREE for the length of your subscription.

This is your chance to keep listening online at no charge. After March 11th premium online listening will cost for $2.99** per month.

03-14-2009, 08:29 PM #56

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    I believe we were mislead. Sirius said that they would be going to the 128k feed and that the 32k feed would be discontinued, unless you became a lifetime sub you would continue to get the free Internet feed. Well if they are discontinuing the 32k feed then it was assumed that you would be getting the 128k feed with the lifetime sub. We were swindled.

SiriusXMInvestor and Others,

Have you seen the thread I started on this forum?

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582

I too feel swindled! These folks are very "tricky". I am a firm believer in "saying what you mean AND meaning what you say".

These folks do seem crafty in their wording and promises. I do believe this will hurt Sirius in the long run if they do not stop. People do not like to be lied to .................. sorry, I meant misinformed

03-25-2009, 08:24 PM #57
    Another question...The SIR will remain free till your current subscription expires. So, after March 11 did everything become premium or is it still 32k for the remainder of the subscription?

Enthusiast
    03-25-2009, 09:32 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by john150 View Post
    Another question...The SIR will remain free till your current subscription expires. So, after March 11 did everything become premium or is it still 32k for the remainder of the subscription?
    My 128 bit stream was FREE up until MARCH 11th, after that date a week after I activated my Sirius Radio on MARCH 5th, so, it wasn't FREE for very long, like they told me it would be for the life of my Sub (3 months) but, I didn't notice it until today, I went to my account-page, and activated the FREE on-line, but, to my dismay it was only 32k, so, the FREE on-line is only 32K and not 128 bit HOW VERY SNEAKY of them......so, I upgraded to 128K and paid the $2.99 extra, so Now I'm getting 128k stream, so YEAH, if you want the 128k you WILL pay $2.99 extra for it NO MATTER WHAT sub you have Lifetime, or whatever.....

03-26-2009, 12:39 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    My 128 bit stream was FREE up until MARCH 11th, after that date a week after I activated my Sirius Radio on MARCH 5th, so, it wasn't FREE for very long, like they told me it would be for the life of my Sub (3 months) but, I didn't notice it until today, I went to my account-page, and activated the FREE on-line, but, to my dismay it was only 32k, so, the FREE on-line is only 32K and not 128 bit HOW VERY SNEAKY of them......so, I upgraded to 128K and paid the $2.99 extra, so Now I'm getting 128k stream, so YEAH, if you want the 128k you WILL pay $2.99 extra for it NO MATTER WHAT sub you have Lifetime, or whatever.....
    So, what your saying is you fell right into their trap?

Enthusiast
    03-26-2009, 02:39 PM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtalon View Post
    So, what your saying is you fell right into their trap?
    Yep I took the bait, oh well too late to turn back now......sigh

I'm starting to think the "solution" will be to give everyone free premium online for a year, and then you will start getting billed the $2.99 a month automatically after that if you forget to "cancel". that would be for all you lifetime subs.......but, not for all of us monthly or quarterly subs, Oh well left out in the cold again.....sigh" now that would be a great way to correct this snafu, but, I doubt that will ever happen......sigh"
    Last edited by denb45; 03-26-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Page 6 of 7 ... 4567