Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscriptions will no longer include internet radio at no charge

Subscriptions will no longer include internet radio at no charge

WTF! I saw this when i logged into the streaming radio toady
    http://www.sirius.com/sirlockin

Guru
    I guess its true then.

Any word on if the free online for qualified subscribers will be the 128k feed?

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I guess its true then.

Any word on if the free online for qualified subscribers will be the 128k feed?
    I dont know about that ...but I do know I recieve my notice today when I went to sign on line about the march deadline for updating my sub...

They say it will be free with a upgrade as a lifetime sub.. or 2.99mo...

Im okay with that Ive been getting it for free for 3 years... I guess I will have to make a decision...Ill proberly get a portable reciever I can use my S-50 in the house....But Im not upset and Im not gonna make any treats to cancel!

Head Honcho
    Did you not see the all of the articles last week pertaining to this? We covered it pretty thoroughly.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    You know better than that...I read everything on here...Its just the first time I seen the notice with my own sub...and thats all....

Enthusiast
    I know a lot of people who had it for free won't like the idea of paying for it, but I've been paying for the 128k stream for some time now and I do enjoy the higher quality. I don't have a portable radio so I listen to it at work most of the time. I just wish they would add all the channels instead of a select few.

You would be suprised at how many people never use the basic internet radio to begin with. Now they are asking those who do so to pay for it - BUT you will be paying for the Premium Internet Radio, which I've been doing for over a year anyway, and will be enjoying excellent sound quality that surpasses the Satellite quality on most music channels.

This is a good thing, not a bad thing. The company spends a fortune on licenses for the internet portion of it's service and it needs to save money somehow.

Mentor
    Locked in my lifetime sub yesterday... I had already paid nearly $400 for a 3 year package a couple months ago which they refunded anyways, so I went ahead and added Best of Sirius (I am XM subscriber) for an extra hundred bucks. It also locked in my free internet for the life of my package.

Not a bad deal for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Locked in my lifetime sub yesterday... I had already paid nearly $400 for a 3 year package a couple months ago which they refunded anyways, so I went ahead and added Best of Sirius (I am XM subscriber) for an extra hundred bucks. It also locked in my free internet for the life of my package.

Not a bad deal for $100.
    Welcome to the lifetime sub club!!!!!

are lifetimes still 100 off making them 399 or they back up to 499?

11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast