Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subscriptions will no longer include internet radio at no charge

Hybrid View

Subscriptions will no longer include internet radio at no charge

WTF! I saw this when i logged into the streaming radio toady
    http://www.sirius.com/sirlockin

Guru
    I guess its true then.

Any word on if the free online for qualified subscribers will be the 128k feed?

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I guess its true then.

Any word on if the free online for qualified subscribers will be the 128k feed?
    I dont know about that ...but I do know I recieve my notice today when I went to sign on line about the march deadline for updating my sub...

They say it will be free with a upgrade as a lifetime sub.. or 2.99mo...

Im okay with that Ive been getting it for free for 3 years... I guess I will have to make a decision...Ill proberly get a portable reciever I can use my S-50 in the house....But Im not upset and Im not gonna make any treats to cancel!

Head Honcho
    Did you not see the all of the articles last week pertaining to this? We covered it pretty thoroughly.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    You know better than that...I read everything on here...Its just the first time I seen the notice with my own sub...and thats all....

Enthusiast
    I know a lot of people who had it for free won't like the idea of paying for it, but I've been paying for the 128k stream for some time now and I do enjoy the higher quality. I don't have a portable radio so I listen to it at work most of the time. I just wish they would add all the channels instead of a select few.

Thumbs down This is sad news

Im really disappointed in this decision. There are people like myself who use the internet radio to listen at work, and dont really care about the improved sound quality I listen to Howard every morning at work. Now I have to pay $3 extra per month to do this?

But wait...my option is to renew now, when my subscription isnt up for 9 months, wait and pay the $3/mo (stupid), or go without. Maybe I should renew now...assuming that gives me 1 year and 9 months on my subscription. By that time, Howard's contract will almost be up and we'll really see if Sirius XM can hold on.

Obviously they feel they are losing money providing a free internet radio service. And/or dont have enough $3 premium subscribers.

Ive been a Sirius fan for 3 years on 2 radios, and this is the first time they've really done something boneheaded, IMO.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. "During the merger, all we heard was "the subscriber's rates will not go up". No, just all the things around the base rate will go up. They are just trying to force renewals to get their first quarter numbers up. BS.
    Last edited by Choachy; 01-28-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Guru
    Choachy, So I have to ask, do you still have cable or satellite tv anymore? I ask because when they raised their rates several times in the last 6 years, (while SIRI held theirs the same) you must have quit right. Dont tell me when they gave you HBO for the first 6 months and then took it away after that time was up and said that, you now are going to have to pay for it, you did cancel correct.

Charles, you see this is the pissing and moaning you are talking about. Well I say they are, people that are pissing against the wind. Them saying they are going to cancel is the same as them tring to say that they are going to cancel cable, because cable did the same crap to them.

NEWS FLASH..........PRICES GO UP......OVER TIME PRICES GO UP.......ITS CALLED INFLATION..........GET WITH THE PROGRAM.....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Choachy, So I have to ask, do you still have cable or satellite tv anymore? I ask because when they raised their rates several times in the last 6 years, (while SIRI held theirs the same) you must have quit right. Dont tell me when they gave you HBO for the first 6 months and then took it away after that time was up and said that, you now are going to have to pay for it, you did cancel correct.

NEWS FLASH..........PRICES GO UP......OVER TIME PRICES GO UP.......ITS CALLED INFLATION..........GET WITH THE PROGRAM.....
    Yes, I did cancel my subscription to my satellite tv provider when they raised rates without offering any new service. As much as I hated it, yes, I went to Comcast. Yes they have raised rates, but they also raised my internet service speed, and have been continually adding HD channels. I consider that worth the increase.

When they gave me HBO for the first 6 months, THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS A TRIAL PERIOD. I KNEW THAT AFTER 6 MONTHS, I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO KEEP IT.

Get the difference here?

If I was told HBO was included in what I was paying, then turned on my TV one day only to get a message saying I have to pay to keep it, I would be pissed...just like now.

When Im sold a product that is said to include certain things, I dont expect to be told I need to pay up front in order to keep those things at a later date.

I was told during the merger talks that rates would not be increased. I clearly remember Mel in his speech saying that you will continue to get what you get now for what you pay now.
    Last edited by Choachy; 01-28-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Choachy View Post
    I was told during the merger talks that rates would not be increased. I clearly remember Mel in his speech saying that you will continue to get what you get now for what you pay now.
    You will if you renew, if your sub runs out after march 11th you'll have to renew and get something that you don't have now and pay different than you pay now. And the option is there to lock in the price by increasing the length of your current subscription.

I do feel you on the not getting anything in return. I guess however you'll get the 128k feed for your $2.99.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast