Page 1 of 21 12311 ...
    Mentor
    01-26-2009, 05:05 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Updates for the Week of 1/26/09

Earnings should be coming soon for Sirius. Expect an announcment either at the end of this week or early next for a date.

What will Sirius have to offer this week? Have we truely found a bottom at 0.10 and change or is there further downside? Will more dilution come this week? Any financing news?

Discuss...

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 05:23 AM #2
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28842068

Chrysler exec sees automaker ‘viable’ by spring
    Sun., Jan. 25, 2009

"...Chrysler can be viable if the U.S. light vehicle market shrinks from last year's 13.2 million in sales to just over 10 million. As recently as 2007, the market exceeded 16 million."

Guru
    01-26-2009, 08:26 AM #3
    Nice change from doom and gloom.

Addict
    01-26-2009, 11:40 AM #4
    Newman...Have we truely found a bottom at 0.10 and change or is there further downside?

Could it be that the Market Makers are keeping it around .10 intentionally until the financing issue is announced at which time they will dive in and give the stock a nice bump up?
    Last edited by SiriusHope; 01-26-2009 at 11:55 AM.

01-26-2009, 12:51 PM #5

question for all

Do you think when Mel said (paraphrasing) he was planning on having the debt taken care of by March 1 he was planning on getting the 1 month extension on the feb debt and then and taking care of all 09 debt by march 1?

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 02:27 PM #6
    Oh yea, this will hit the mainstream and be a huge competitor to Sirius/XM - because the masses will be throwing their Sirius and XM radios in the trash and be running out to buy a new radio that costs $1299 and gladly pay $28 a month for less channels. But what will really bring them in is that "three-pound antenna that's permanently attached to the car's roof"...

http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?...990&spid=24698

AT&T CRUISECAST ADDS MTV PROGRAMMING

DALLAS -- January 26, 2009: AT&T Services and RaySat Broadcasting Corp. have completed a deal to offer MTV Networks content through their upcoming in-car audio and video service, CruiseCast. The deal will let CruiseCast offer programming from MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and other channels.
    "Our recent multiplatform deal with MTVN cements the addition of some of television's most compelling brands on our new AT&T CruiseCast service," said AT&T Services SVP/Content Rob Thun. "We are thrilled to have MTV Networks programming to offer our subscribers."
    MTVN EVP/Content Distribution & Marketing Denise Denson said, "Our audiences want fast and full access to our content whether at home or on the go, and AT&T CruiseCast service gives us an exciting new platform to reach even more of our fans when they’re on the road as well."
    CruiseCast is set to launch in the spring with 20 audio and 22 video channels, many of them family-oriented. It could ultimately become a competitor to Sirius XM, but at launch, it'll be a more expensive option -- $1,299 for the system and $28 a month -- and it's strictly in-car for now, with a three-pound antenna that's permanently attached to the car's roof.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 02:36 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    Do you think when Mel said (paraphrasing) he was planning on having the debt taken care of by March 1 he was planning on getting the 1 month extension on the feb debt and then and taking care of all 09 debt by march 1?
    Mel never said that he was planning on having the debt taken care of by March 1st......that is a misinterpretation of what he said, but I do think that your theory is a possibility, although I doubt that the Feb. debt will be extended - it will be paid as soon as possible or renegotiated as part of a bigger deal...
    Last edited by Demian; 01-26-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Enthusiast
    01-26-2009, 04:33 PM #8
    I head Mel speak about "March." If I remember correctly, he said he "would like to" have the entire 2009 debt taken care of in March. If my memory is correct, he did not give any specific date (e.g., March 1). There was no promise or use of words like "intend" made at that time.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 04:47 PM #9
    Direct quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Karmazin
    JPMorgan and Evercore working on overall financing plan
    3 areas of activity:
    Operational improvements
    Existing debt holder discussions
    New investor discussions
    Looking to complete all by March 1
    That means they are looking to complete the plan by March 1st, does not mean they are implementing the plan by then or plan on having everything refinanced by then.

Speaking of debt: What is the best way to do research on bonds? I used to do them in my WellsFargo investment account, but since I moved those funds to another account, I can nolonger access the investment research. Scottrade will not show anything other than "Investment Grade" bonds, and with the most recent downgrade, Sirius is no longer investment grade. Anyone else know of a good bond research site?

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 04:48 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    I head Mel speak about "March." If I remember correctly, he said he "would like to" have the entire 2009 debt taken care of in March.

Not true......he never said anything of the sort.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ...