Page 2 of 21 123412 ...
    Mentor
    01-26-2009, 05:02 PM #11
    SIRI closed down .001 @ .107.........brought down from .109 on the final ticks.

Super low volume of only 13.6M.......

Another day, another 1/10th of a cent......

Enthusiast
    01-26-2009, 05:05 PM #12
    Actually Demian, just because you didn't hear him say it, doesn't mean he did not say it. I heard him make such a statement in an interview he did. If you are not willing to take me at my word that I heard him say that, well, then you won't. I heard him say he "would like to" (or words to that effect) take care of the 2009 debt in March. I stand by this.

Addict
    01-26-2009, 05:08 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Oh yea, this will hit the mainstream and be a huge competitor to Sirius/XM - because the masses will be throwing their Sirius and XM radios in the trash and be running out to buy a new radio that costs $1299 and gladly pay $28 a month for less channels. But what will really bring them in is that "three-pound antenna that's permanently attached to the car's roof"...

http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?...990&spid=24698

AT&T CRUISECAST ADDS MTV PROGRAMMING

DALLAS -- January 26, 2009: AT&T Services and RaySat Broadcasting Corp. have completed a deal to offer MTV Networks content through their upcoming in-car audio and video service, CruiseCast. The deal will let CruiseCast offer programming from MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and other channels.
    "Our recent multiplatform deal with MTVN cements the addition of some of television's most compelling brands on our new AT&T CruiseCast service," said AT&T Services SVP/Content Rob Thun. "We are thrilled to have MTV Networks programming to offer our subscribers."
    MTVN EVP/Content Distribution & Marketing Denise Denson said, "Our audiences want fast and full access to our content whether at home or on the go, and AT&T CruiseCast service gives us an exciting new platform to reach even more of our fans when they’re on the road as well."
    CruiseCast is set to launch in the spring with 20 audio and 22 video channels, many of them family-oriented. It could ultimately become a competitor to Sirius XM, but at launch, it'll be a more expensive option -- $1,299 for the system and $28 a month -- and it's strictly in-car for now, with a three-pound antenna that's permanently attached to the car's roof.
    This is Satellite TV and Radio right ? Disney and Nick pay for themselves in one trip (as a matter of fact those 2 channels are the only reason I have cable at home and I pay more than $60 per month, well and VH1 and MTV). Can't wait for it to come out and check it out, my kids are going to love it.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 01-26-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 05:11 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSirius View Post
    Actually Demian, just because you didn't hear him say it, doesn't mean he did not say it. I heard him make such a statement in an interview he did. If you are not willing to take me at my word that I heard him say that, well, then you won't. I heard him say he "would like to" (or words to that effect) take care of the 2009 debt in March. I stand by this.
    What interview was that?

Do you have a link?

I follow the SIRI news flow on a daily basis and I have never seen him quoted as saying that...

Addict
    01-26-2009, 05:12 PM #15
    I also heard him say it but I thought he was bluffing or joking. I think it was in one of those Detroit Radios/Videos interviews no more than 4 months ago..
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 01-26-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Enthusiast
    01-26-2009, 05:25 PM #16
    What interview was that?

Do you have a link?

I follow the SIRI news flow on a daily basis and I have never seen him quoted as saying that...
    Hi Demian-

No, I don't have a link and I don't remember the interview, but I know it was a video of an interview I saw several weeks ago (I watched it on the computer). I am absolutely positive I heard Mel say that he "hoped" to have the entire 2009 debt "taken care of" (or something to that effect) by March. I remember being quite surprised to hear him make such a statement. In the way he was saying it I'm not sure if it was just wishful thinking on his part, or if he actually had some realistic plan about this.

Sorry I can't give you any more information. Having said all this, I would encourage you not to put too much weight into this statement by Mel, as it may have been only wishful thinking on his part and, as we all know, even if he had something in place a few weeks ago, things change quite rapidly these days!

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 05:31 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    This is Satellite TV and Radio right ? Disney and Nick pay for themselves in one trip (as a matter of fact those 2 channels are the only reason I have cable at home and I pay more than $60 per month, well and VH1 and MTV). Can't wait for it to come out and check it out, my kids are going to love it.
    What's your favorite shows on those channels?

Do you watch a lot of Hannah Montana?

Last edited by Demian; 01-26-2009 at 05:36 PM.

01-26-2009, 05:31 PM #18
    I also remember Mel saying he hopes for "all" of the debt to be taken care of by March 1st.

Addict
    01-26-2009, 05:34 PM #19
    Hi Demian-

No, I don't have a link and I don't remember the interview, but I know it was a video of an interview I saw several weeks ago (I watched it on the computer). I am absolutely positive I heard Mel say that he "hoped" to have the entire 2009 debt "taken care of" (or something to that effect) by March. I remember being quite surprised to hear him make such a statement. In the way he was saying it I'm not sure if it was just wishful thinking on his part, or if he actually had some realistic plan about this.

Sorry I can't give you any more information. Having said all this, I would encourage you not to put too much weight into this statement by Mel, as it may have been only wishful thinking on his part and, as we all know, even if he had something in place a few weeks ago, things change quite rapidly these days!
    I believe is was during Mels last quaterly report live on Sirius...

Addict
    01-26-2009, 05:38 PM #20

AT&T CruiseCast Honored Twice at 2008 SEMA Show

What's your favorite shows on those channels?

Do you watch a lot of Hannah Montana?

No, I will be driving I can not watch TV while driving.

Nice article below.

AT&T CruiseCast Honored Twice at 2008 SEMA Show
    Breakthrough Total In-Car Entertainment Technologies Collect Global Media and Best New Product Awards

Dallas, Nov. 10, 2008 – Thousands of innovative products are unveiled each year at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show, a world-renowned automotive accessories trade event held annually in Las Vegas. Only the most cutting-edge products are selected for recognition, and AT&T CruiseCastSM became one such item when it was honored with the "2008 SEMA Global Media Award."

An esteemed panel of international journalists attending SEMA picked items for this award based on potential consumer appeal in countries around the world.

Additionally, AT&T CruiseCast -- which was unveiled at SEMA by AT&T Inc. (NYSE:AT&T) and RaySat Broadcasting Corporation -- was named 1st Runner-Up in the "Best New Mobile-Electronics Product" division. Of the more than 2,000 products up for consideration in the 12 divisions, only 36 items were recognized by judges.

The two honors received during SEMA were just part of AT&T CruiseCasts very successful unveiling to the automotive industry, said RaySat Broadcasting Corporation President Winston Guillory. Over the tradeshows four days, thousands of people took the opportunity to get a closer look at the breakthrough technology that outpaces any other in-car entertainment available on the market today.

"To receive such accolades at SEMA is fantastic, Guillory said. Even more rewarding was the positive feedback we gathered from expeditors, buyers, distributors, journalists, exhibitors and everyone that visited our SEMA booth. I think a lot of people saw that this is the future of Total In-Car Entertainment."

Satellite industry visionary Yoel Gat, Chairman and CEO of RaySat Broadcasting Corporation, said: "We knew we had something special in AT&T CruiseCast, but the 'wow' factor became extremely apparent as automotive industry insiders realized that the TV viewing experience from home can now be delivered to the open road."

AT&T CruiseCast utilizes a compact, low-profile antenna for use on cars, trucks and SUVs; and a breakthrough technology that overcomes line-of-sight obstacles such as overpasses, buildings, trees or tunnels. The system will have a robust 22 channel line-up to include a variety of kids and family, documentary, music, comedy, news and sports programming. Options will include Disney Channel, Toon Disney, Discovery Kids, Animal Planet, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network Mobile, USA, COMEDY CENTRAL, MSNBC, CNN Mobile Live and CNBC. Twenty satellite radio music channels will also be available at the launch, and the service has the ability to add channels to meet market demands.

AT&T CruiseCast is made consumer-friendly by the unique scaling down of satellite technology into a small pod-like antenna that affixes to the roof of vehicles properly outfitted with roof-racks or magnetic mounts. The antenna is paired with a receiver mounted in the vehicle and provides all video and audio connections to the appropriate vehicle systems, such as Rear Seat Entertainment, Vehicle Audio System etc.

The groundbreaking service was developed in collaboration between RaySat™, Inc. a leading manufacturer and supplier for the mass market of cost-effective, low-profile satellite antennas that enable communication on the move; and AT&T, the worlds premier telecommunications company. RaySat Broadcasting Corporation, a privately held U.S. company, will be working with AT&T to introduce the new product to the marketplace. The service will be sold through auto dealerships and other aftermarket channels when it debuts in spring 2009.

Page 2 of 21 123412 ...