Page 2 of 3 123
    01-26-2009, 02:25 AM #11
    OK...I took out the plug and play and cleaned it off and it worked for EXACTLY 25 minutes and POOF back to ''Acquiring Signal''. I have a really silly question. What about taking it somewhere like Best Buy to have it looked at and explain to them what the problem is? I know 3 other Sirius users who are having the same problem.

01-26-2009, 02:30 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sentimental48 View Post
    I was holding the boombox up in the air like ''ALL Look Upon My Sirius Box And Give It LIIIIIIIIFE!''
    LOL!!

Damn!! Still not luck, Hmmm, let think about this one a bit.

OK, yeah I would take it in and see if they can clean up and get it working again for you.

Unless you want to try cleaning again, to save some coin.
    Last edited by dread; 01-26-2009 at 02:38 AM.

01-26-2009, 03:13 PM #13
    I'm starting to think maybe getting a new boombox might be the best way to go. I can't afford it but at the same time I can't see being without Sirius. I have the regular radio on now and it's a commercial with a talking roll of toilet paper! My teeth are grinding. LOL.

Head Honcho
    01-26-2009, 03:27 PM #14
    What about listening online for the time being? You clearly have a computer so, why not just listen to the online feed?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-26-2009, 07:28 PM #15
    I'm doing that now. I'm planning on getting the Sirius SUBX Universal portable radio. Will my Starmate 4 plug and play work with it?

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 08:57 PM #16
    The way you are describing the problem, it almost sounds like a short in the wiring somewhere,possibly due to heat. I am not familiar with the Starmate. Is there a fan in it for cooling? Is there something placed on top of this vent?
    Did it have anything wet spilt on it recently?

If there is a way to open up the case without breaking it, I would open it up and take a look to see if there is a wire that looks loose or if there is any signs of moisture inside the case.

01-27-2009, 01:07 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sentimental48 View Post
    I'm doing that now. I'm planning on getting the Sirius SUBX Universal portable radio. Will my Starmate 4 plug and play work with it?
    check with amazon.com or your favorite retailer to see what works for you.
    Last edited by dread; 01-27-2009 at 03:25 AM.

01-27-2009, 07:58 PM #18
    Got the new Sirius radio. Got the new plug and play. Spent 170 dollars THEN 15 when I called sirius to activate it. STILL ''Acquiring Signal.'' Got transferred to tech support who had me doing the same thing I'VE BEEN doing for the last week and a half. NADA. Nothing.

Head Honcho
    01-27-2009, 09:06 PM #19
    You got a new boombox and a new radio and its still not working? Soemthing must be jamming the signal in your area. That is super strange, I am intrigued. Take that radio down the street or to a different town altogether.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-27-2009, 09:48 PM #20
    There are only 3 things I can think of and Charles just covered one of them, so try that first.

You said that you have other friends that are having the same issue.

Do you live in an apartment building? If so are the other friends in the same building? Or do they live across town, while having the same issue?

I am not familiar with Sirius equipment, but on my XM receiver I have an option on the head unit to switch from terrestrial to SAT. I would check to see it that is set properly.

Like Charles mentioned, take it to another part of town and try it. I asked you in a old post if any communication towers have gone up in the area. Please take a look around and see if this is the case. You may have to call the FCC if in fact there is interference. I would contact the buildings owner, if you in fact live in an apartment.

The only other thing I can think of is if you do live in an apartment building, was there any electrical work done on the building recently?

The reason I ask is, if the grounding in the building got screwed up, you could be getting feedback from you AC outlet, and I know that can mess things up too.

Also if you are in a high rise building, they may have put communications equipment on the rooftop, wireless cell site antennas or microwave equipment. If the cell site or whatever has yet to be integrated it will screw things up in the immediate area.

Let us know the outcome and hope this helps out a little.

Page 2 of 3 123