Guru
    01-23-2009, 01:11 AM #1

Shut up and cancel!

I laughed pretty hard hearing charles mention how we tell people threatning to cancel to "shut up and cancel no one cares about you" maybe i only laughed so hard because i was guilty of this just the other day on this thread http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1310

I understand your reasoning charles behind not wanting to lose a single subscriber, but this guy isnt just saying he wants to cancel, he's trying to rally up a crusade of cancelers which pisses me off. He should just simply lock in his current rate and get life time subscriptions, or he could just cancel his one radio in protest without trying to be the che guevara of radio revolt. Which makes me think NAB IMPOSTER!

Not to mention the fact that sattellite radio is already dirt cheap for the service they offer. You said that demian was looking at it like an investor and not a consumer. I dont think that is true, as a consumer if you lose a product you like that will affect you. There was a burger joint named red line that i loved back in the day. It went out of business, but as a consumer i would of gladly paid 2 dollars more a burger so that i could continue to enjoy it to this day, to say worrying about losing sirius all together is only an investor issue then i say your WRONG!

enjoying the show btw :O
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-23-2009 at 01:13 AM.

01-23-2009, 01:55 AM #2
    Newman, you should delete this. It's way out of line... actually, it's uncalled for. After all, there are many infants and pre-schoolers on this forum who may not be able to tolerate words such as "shut up," "revolt" or IMPOSTER, followed by 10 exclamation marks.

Please increase your monitoring and censorship of the forums. This is a great duty that has been bestowed upon you and you must exercise it with the zeal of a man who has never had any power in his life.

Show us that you deserve that Moderator badge!

Head Honcho
    01-23-2009, 02:01 AM #3
    For the record, I was not speaking to anyone directly. It happens in the forums and in the comments section of the articles all the time.

I know a lot of us love the service but, just because someone says they are mad or no longer enjoy it, don't think that can't be possible. Of course some subscribers are going to be unhappy and they are going to voice their opinions.

I can't remember where I read this article in college or exactly what the stats were but, it was something along the lines of people are 9 times more likely to write a bad review then they are a good review. The truth is, when people are happy, they don't bother, its the pissed of ones that take the time to make their point know across the net.

Which makes you wonder... why is it that there are more good reviews on amazon then bad ones? After that Belkin story this week, its tough to believe any of those reviews.

Anyway, I agree with your burger analogy to an extent. Personally you could double the price of my sub and I would gladly pay it... but, that is just me, there are plenty of others that just lost their favorite channels only to see a small hike in price coming. That would be enough to send me packing if I was on the fence about it. Its all about value and for some people that yearly cost might outweigh the value they perceive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Please increase your monitoring and censorship of the forums. This is a great duty that has been bestowed upon you and you must exercise it with the zeal of a man who has never had any power in his life.

Stop being a dope. You were ridiculously out of line on that post. That was that guys first post ever and he was asking what he thought was an honest question man, you didnt need to tell him to go f@#$ himself.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-23-2009, 02:09 AM #4
    Yeah, all of these clowns lost there precious (siriuslyscrewed) site, as soon as that happened, they came over here.

(hey man I am going to download my 40g's of music into my ipod, I don't need to pay an extra $3 a month for a SIRI/XM feed. Thats to much money to pay every month man.)

These are the same shrubs that go out and pay thousands of dollars for a mac book!!! Plus royalty fees for downloading songs!!

I mean no offense to mac book users on this site, that are legit. Just the spoiled little turds that come in here to play (conversations @ crayons).

Disclosures: Drinking a beer, running Linux because I am a cheap conservative prick, long SIRI, windows sucks!! enjoy the Conficker virus!!

Guru
    01-23-2009, 02:24 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Newman, you should delete this. It's way out of line... actually, it's uncalled for. After all, there are many infants and pre-schoolers on this forum who may not be able to tolerate words such as "shut up," "revolt" or IMPOSTER, followed by 10 exclamation marks.

You know im some1 in real life who cusses way too much, but this is a public forum and obviously you should watch your language sunny boy. It's easy when u type, if u accidentally use a cuss word, just hit backspace! The fact is this is not your website and its up to the owners and moderators of the site to decide the rules not you.

Guru
    01-23-2009, 02:30 AM #6
    by the way i could see your show being picked up by sirius, it makes perfect sense, a show where subscribers can hear whats going on with sirius and can voice there complaints and concerns, (kinda like the tv guide channel but better) showcase new sirius adverts and equipment. That being said i want on the show, you need a wacky character who will argue with you guys sometimes, your way too nice to each other, YOU NEED TO DISAGREE!!!! I CAN BRING THE CONTROVERSY, i can get hooked on drug's, bang some prostitutes, fall asleep on the show, hey maybe even now and then i can throw something at somebody haha it would be great.

Guru
    01-23-2009, 07:54 AM #7
    Mario,

I read your post before it got deleted and it was spot on! Probably something most of us here would have loved to say. However, my post on a similar thread was treated (by me) with the edit button after I realized that it is a public forum and this site especially is a little civilized.

Hopefully you stay and support the cause.

Guru
    01-23-2009, 07:58 AM #8
    Yeah Trip, the link you had is the one where I went off on the person and then edited it. Man I think me, you and mario must have reached our limit on first time posters trying to rally a cancellation nation.

Addict
    01-23-2009, 01:15 PM #9
    I too have been kick off a few post and also edited here...but always in the defence of Sirius....I really enjoyed the show last night...I liked all the feedback, suggestions and comments on the telepropter....Keep up the GOOD WORK! (even you Charles)

Guru
    01-23-2009, 01:50 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Yeah Trip, the link you had is the one where I went off on the person and then edited it. Man I think me, you and mario must have reached our limit on first time posters trying to rally a cancellation nation.
    heh true, well that and siriusowner lol