Page 1 of 2 12
    01-22-2009, 02:03 PM #1

Phone call from Sirius

Ok....so here is the deal. I am brand new to the Satellite radio thing. My wife has a portable unit and I was going to install a module in my vehicle to get Sirius through the system.

I bought a module off of EBAY, activated it, but could not get it to work. I replaced cables, etc....so after a month or so, I cancelled that receiver because it did not work. I then ordered a new radio from a retailer. I got the module in yesterday, plugged it in....and my system was up and running. I called Sirius to start the new subscription to that radio (and apply the credit that I had on my account from the cancelled subscription)

Two hours later, I received a phone call from Sirius telling me that they were calling because I had cancelled a plan with them (a week prior)....and that if I would re-subscribe, I would get 2 months free as well as having my activation fee waved. I explained that I had just re-subscribed two hours earlier, but would like my account credited per the offer that they just made to me.

I was told that they could not do that because I had activated a NEW radio and not re-activated the old radio. I explained that the old one was broken and had to be replaced by a new radio. They said I’m sorry, but we cannot help you. So basically I messed up by re-subscribing on my own...I should have waited for the begging call from Sirius first? Who would have known?

So now....I have had a day to think about this and it is pi$$ing me off. As a new subscriber....I have been VERY disappointed with Sirius so far. I am ready to cancel the entire service.

Does anyone think it would do any good to call them back and complain about this? What about email instead of a phone call? Has anyone had success asking to speak to a supervisor?

Your thoughts?

01-22-2009, 02:26 PM #2
    This is a little confusing but, what you should have done was get the new radio then have the defective one shut down. Just swap out the radios without canceling the entire account.

I am under the impression, that you canceled the entire account, then fired up a new one. Correct me if I am wrong.

I would call and see if you can talk to a manager, and try to get it straightened out. Don't know what else to tell you. Good luck!!!

01-22-2009, 06:00 PM #3
    Mario,

WTF was that for? I was asking a service question....and whether Sirius customer service is responsive to customers or worthless. I joined this forum seeking advice from knowledgable users. I said nothing that warrented your reply. If you had no advice to the question....why take the time to respond?

Mentor
    01-22-2009, 06:52 PM #4
    I would have to agree Vik. That response was uncalled for and has been removed.

It is easier to ignore something than to blast them, especially when it is a new forum member who may not know much about Sirius service. He was asking a legit question.

My opinion: Nearly every single Customer Service person is different and will give you a different answer. Call and ask. If they say no, ask to speak to a supervisor. If they say no, then at least you gave it a shot, but it is hard to get mad when they don't give you something that you never knew about anyways until they told you about it. You had already activated the radio without knowing about that promotion. Give it a shot and if it doesnt work, just kick back and enjoy the service. =)

01-22-2009, 07:47 PM #5
    well, I might just have to cancel my subscription to this forum.

Mentor
    01-22-2009, 10:49 PM #6

Angry goodbye

Mario

Don't let your computer screen hit you in the ass on your way out. GOODBYE

Mentor
    01-22-2009, 10:50 PM #7
    Sorry Newman...could not help myself!

Mentor
    01-24-2009, 02:20 AM #8
    Mario, if you are so petty that me deleting your abusive comments forces you to leave, then I echo just sirius' statment.

On the other hand, you could have been constructive and helped the guy out, or given your opinion in a way that was not outright abusive. Either way, personal attacks were not called for and will not be tollerated. If he had done the same to you, I would have done the same to him.

If you enjoy an atmosphere where people can tell each other off, be abusive, and add absolutely nothing to the conversation without fear of being moderated, then I hope you enjoy the Yahoo or Google stock forums.

Mentor
    01-25-2009, 02:34 AM #9
    Newman

You hold him, I'll hit'em.

Actually, I appreciate that you allow some banter back and forth, but draw the line on personal attacks that are out of line. If I post and you do not like it, it is your site and that gives you the right to delete it. I do not believe that you need to explain yourself anymore.

Guru
    01-28-2009, 01:16 PM #10
    My stiletto wet the bed, and I can't afford another one. I paid a one year sub at the end of December, but have yet to give Sirius a call to cancel. If they offer up two months, I'm countering with "how about a new stiletto?" I'll let you know how it goes.

The stiletto was nice, but I have 3 other subs. In fact, I'm listening downstairs with my home kit, and my wife is upstairs listening on the boombox. The third is in my car.

The radio was $400 and lasted two years. THAT pisses me off.

Page 1 of 2 12