Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    01-31-2009, 05:21 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jduffy View Post
    As predicted, a monopoly in sat radio is bad for consumers. A monopoly means higher prices and that is just what Sirius XM is going to do. Increase prices for our extra convenience radios. So I will be canceling at least one of them. Have to send a message.

You want to increase my two extra radios by $2.00 each or $4.00 a month, then you are going to lose one of the extra radios meaning you'll end up with less cash as a whole. If everyone started doing that, they would learn that you don't raise prices in a recession and raising prices may actually have the effect of lowering your revenue.

So as soon as they send out the increase notices, cancel one of your radios if you have multiple radios. Don't pay for on-line listening. Get an Internet radio for listening to the 10,000+ free Internet radio stations out there.

Fight back people, don't let them take more of your money!
    I'm a newbie here, but I don't see what the big deal is... I understand your point about the increased fees, but this company is having serious (no pun intended) financial problems. If raising the rates helps keep them afloat and keep my favorite shows on the air, then I'm all for it!

Addict
    01-31-2009, 09:17 AM #32
    These are people who cant see further then the end of there nose...
    and its all about them...
    No increase in 6 years and they want to complain and threaten to cancel their sub.... Cost increase is a part of life ..... and I believe there will be more new subs added then old ones leaving....so do what you got to do..... But you will never be happy with out your Sirius...

01-31-2009, 09:44 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    These are people who cant see further then the end of there nose...
    and its all about them...
    No increase in 6 years and they want to complain and threaten to cancel their sub.... Cost increase is a part of life ..... and I believe there will be more new subs added then old ones leaving....so do what you got to do..... But you will never be happy with out your Sirius...
    In my eyes, this just proves they are not managing their business very well. A few % increase of cost every year or two as their prices go up sounds reasonable. Nope, no price increase until they feel the need to nearly double (40%) what I will pay to keep the same service w/2 radios. I'm certainly glad none of my other service providers take that route of rate increases. The only other thing I can think of that's as ballsy are the oil companies, but most people *need* fuel.

I guess the good thing for Sirius is, that if nobody leaves, or trims their service after a fairly large rate increase, they will have set a precedence, for fairly large (percent wise) rate hikes as they feel necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Sirius, I hate commercials/FM Radio and both my wife and I listen to our radio and internet streams every single weekday on our individual commutes / and during the day at work. It's just a little hard to swallow in this economy.

Addict
    01-31-2009, 10:09 AM #34
    Im still thinking about a life time sub....Then I can continue to listen on line for free and eventually you will pay much more with monthly payments....The problem I been thinking about it for 3 years...and now Im actually gonna do it....Look at all the money I wasted by not doing it right away.....All you monthly subs PAY ATTENTION HERE!!! Dont make the same mistake I did waiting so long because the time goes quick!!! Long Sirius
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 01-31-2009 at 11:16 AM.

01-31-2009, 03:00 PM #35
    I've had 4 Sirius subscriptions for nearly 5 years, and for the past few weeks I've been on the fence on whether to keep them or not. I'm not so crazy about the new channel lineup, and I can't stand BTLS now-it's totally unlistenable. I don't want to spend alot of money for a long term deal because I don't think that Sirius/XM is very long for this world, and I'm having a hard time justifying a rate hike for mediocre programming at best. It's not a financial issue, if I'm gonna piss away money I'd rather spend it on something I enjoy more.

02-06-2009, 05:42 PM #36
    Times are tight and a extra $2 here or $4 there isn't a killer, but when you are trying to figure out how to re-configure your budget it is nice for a company to basically step up to the chopping block on their own.

What do we cut down on? How bout the "super radio" that we don't really need and is cutting off my ability to use it from work unless we pay even more.

Yup, that sounds like the thing to go first.

Enthusiast
    02-06-2009, 06:05 PM #37
    You can always collect beer and soda cans or you can ask daddy for an increase in your allowance if a couple of bucks is going to hurt that much.

Guru
    02-06-2009, 06:21 PM #38
    Directv is raising their rates in March also, got my email this week.

02-11-2009, 12:47 AM #39
    My wife and I have had our radios for 3 years. I have been laid off for awhile now but still was paying for these radios. I have enjoyed Sirius but can easily live without it. We were debating back and forth about just cancelling to save a little a month. Today I recieved the letter about the rate increase for second radio plus the changes in internet access. Well big mistake on their part, first call I make in the morning will be to cancel my subscription.

I havent been that impressed anyway since the channel changes and some quality issues in signal as of late. Having money trouble as a company and think a few $$ extra from your customers will solve the problem is the easy way out. I guess I will just get out earlier than the rest of you that will have a nice dash ornament within the year when these guys go under for stupidity.

02-11-2009, 02:01 PM #40
    Took a half hour to cancel and yes had the stupid transfer. They are lucky I didnt just hang up at that point and call credit card and Better Business on them. I dont have to jump through hoops if I want to cancel, but they think we do. First person you talk to could easily cancel and should be able to. Just another trick to try to "discourage" you.

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345