View Poll Results: Why don't you have an XMP3?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Sirius and don't want to switch to XM.

1 6.67%
  • The XMP3 is too expensive.

1 6.67%
  • I don't have a need for Portability and Recording.

1 6.67%
  • I'm afraid because I read bad comments.

0 0%
  • I do have an XMP3.

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 ... 678
    12-21-2009, 01:11 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosfoos View Post
    Has anyone had problems with the XMP3 going into a cycle of shut down and restart ("Powering Up") at random times? Mine just started doing this recently, and I'm not sure if it's a battery related issue or something with the unit. It happens even when the battery is fully charged.

After I do a battery pull it seems to stay on for a longer period of time... But if this is a known problem with the unit I want to exchange it while it is still under warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Yes, I am having the same problem. It runs just fine for about a half-hour, then it just randomly starts turning itself off, powering back up, providing about 10 seconds of audio, then shutting back off, and so forth continuing the cycle. I put it back in the charger, then use it the next day and get exactly the same behavior over and over, day after day. Maybe it needs a new battery?

Enthusiast
    12-21-2009, 08:18 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by pascuzzo View Post
    Yes, I am having the same problem. It runs just fine for about a half-hour, then it just randomly starts turning itself off, powering back up, providing about 10 seconds of audio, then shutting back off, and so forth continuing the cycle. I put it back in the charger, then use it the next day and get exactly the same behavior over and over, day after day. Maybe it needs a new battery?
    Yep, that would be it, go buy another battery, if it will no longer charge in the dock, then YES, you need a new battery for your XMP3

12-26-2009, 11:22 PM #73
    I have a quick question that I can't seem to find an answer on yet. I have an older Pioneer Inno which has an awesome button on it which is "Mode." All you have to do is press it and it goes to your recorded songs be they from XM or any music you have put on it.

Well, my wife has wanted the recording feature forever (as she had a 2004 XM Roadie) and so I got her what I thought was the newest Inno which is the XMP3 for xmas. I loaded a couple of cds and she has recorded a few songs. She complained to me that when she goes to a cd or her recorded tunes, once she turns off the car and turns it back on, it doesn't save her place. It goes right by to live XM radio programming. With the Inno, it stays in which ever mode you were on last as well as the song if it was recorded music. Even if it didn't you could still hit the mode button and it puts you right back at the recorded song you were previously listening to.

With the XMp3, it is not saving her place an it is not a simple task as hitting the mode button. You have to go thru the main menu and, find your last song you were listening to and then start from there. But then you turn off the car again and you loose your place all over again. Ugh.

Is there any way to fix this? I have checked all thru the radio's options and cannot find an answer. I honestly wouldn't have bought this radio if it is not a fixable issue. Please advise and thanks!

Guru
    04-30-2011, 04:41 PM #74
    I have had my xmp3 replaced by pioneer I think 3 times now for free, good customer service, they know these radios stop working. The only hassle was dealing with the incredibly easily confused call staff in India trying to swap to the replacement radio.

Guru
    06-23-2011, 07:58 PM #75
    My original xmp3 battery swelled up and looked like it was going to explode so I was without a battery for many months. I just found amazon has the batteries for $11 delivered. Back to portable with little spent!!

06-21-2019, 06:53 PM #76
    im having problems with my xmp3 unit when i plug in my headphones i get no clear audio , it sounds distorted and very low volume, but when y plug in an aux cable 3.5mm it sounds ok or in the dock it sounds ok also, the problem is only thru headphones. already tried other headphones but same problem, Any ideas?? Thanks

Page 8 of 8 ... 678