View Poll Results: Why don't you have an XMP3?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Sirius and don't want to switch to XM.

1 6.67%
  • The XMP3 is too expensive.

1 6.67%
  • I don't have a need for Portability and Recording.

1 6.67%
  • I'm afraid because I read bad comments.

0 0%
  • I do have an XMP3.

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 12345 ...
    Guru
    04-27-2009, 09:07 AM #21

Problem Alert with Fix

I ran out of memory, but nothing was showing in my recorded content list.

I found the solution for this online....

1. Hookup to the computer
    2. open XM2go music manager
    3. find and delete recorded content.
    4. close out and unplug xmp3
    5. place the radio in the home dock, hold the off button down for 10 seconds, this resets it (not a default reset, just a soft reset)
    6. check your memory under settings, should be back to normal.

All good, fast easy fix.
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-26-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Guru
    05-09-2009, 08:17 AM #22
    ok so I ended having to restore and delete the device...this may be why they are down to $149 now? It did not bother me at all...I really had no use for listening to recorded contant after i had already heard it once.

It is working as well as the first day i turned it on...and continues to amaze me how absolutely bada$$ it is to have XM every where I go and can listen 100% of my day...i even listen while i sleep...so what?

Guru
    05-23-2009, 10:43 PM #23

Update 3 months

Works great still, very convenient. If you didn't see there is a new $80 rebate from pioneer until august 30 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ate%20Form.pdf
    TIP:
    I have found also that the "Antennae Aiming" function under MENU, SETTINGS is very useful for locating a terrestrial signal if you are out of range of a satellite.

05-25-2009, 01:31 AM #24

xmp3 and myfi

Hey does anyone know if the accesories from the myfi all work on the xmp3? I just saw that the XMP3 uses the same portable speakers (myfi sound system) so I thought it might use the same home and car kit. I would love to upgrade my myfi but I have 2 car kits and 3 home kits, I don't mind buying the radio but all those kits are expensive.

Enthusiast
    05-25-2009, 11:47 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Works great still, very convenient. If you didn't see there is a new $80 rebate from pioneer until august 30 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ate%20Form.pdf
    TIP:
    I have found also that the "Antennae Aiming" function under MENU, SETTINGS is very useful for locating a terrestrial signal if you are out of range of a satellite.
    I went out and bought a XMP3 today, and all the things I thought and read about the XMP3 is WRONG, this thing ROCKS it get's GREAT reception ( I live about 2 blocks away form the nearest
    XM Repeater), so no real need for the in-door antenna, also it came with a Home kit, and FREE Car kit as well...I can update the firmware, but cannot use the XM music manager due to having Vista 64 bit, I'm not interested in recording anything , with the GREAT Reception I have, I rode my 12 speed bike today, and didn't drop a signal once....this little portable XMP3-Radio is GREAT
    Last edited by denb45; 05-25-2009 at 03:56 PM.

05-25-2009, 01:31 PM #26
    I just lowered the price to $179.99 which equates to $69.99 after rebate.
    http://www.tss-radio.com/xmp3-receiv...er-p-6279.html

Enthusiast
    05-26-2009, 01:11 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS Taylor View Post
    I just lowered the price to $179.99 which equates to $69.99 after rebate.
    http://www.tss-radio.com/xmp3-receiv...er-p-6279.html
    After I updated the Firmware on the XMP3 it lasted for about 12 hours. then it DIED, it said that the Firmware was corrupt, after many re-sets back to default this didn't help, the Firmware updated form V1.08 to V1.18, but, it became very hot (overheated and died).......so, a long story short.....

I took it back to Best Buy, for an exchange, and talked to one of them Geek-Squad-Guys...and here is what he told me, "if your not gonna use the recording feature, then don't upgrade the Firmware, if you do, and it becomes corrupt, the Radio will die" I called XM about this, and they knew NOTHING of this, I also contacted Pioneer about this, and they haven't gotten back to me yet................the re-activation with XM was easy, and I wasn't charged another activation fee, after I told them, my 1st XMP3 died, and had to be exchanged........

Do any of you think that due to me using a Vista 64 bit OS to update the Firmware killed my 1st XMP3, (the guy at best buy said I should find and use a Vista 32 bit or XP 32 bit PC to do the firmware upgrade? any ideas? thoughts.......I don't want to exchange another one
    Last edited by denb45; 05-26-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Guru
    05-26-2009, 01:14 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    After I updated the Firmware on the XMP3 it lasted for about 12 hours. then it DIED, it said that the Firmware was corrupt, after many re-sets back to defaultthis wouldn't help, the Firmware updated form V1.08 to V1.18, but, it became very hot (overheated and died).......so, a long story short.....

I took it back to Best Buy, for an exchange, and talked to one of them Geek-Squad-Guys...and here is what he told me, "if your not gonna use the recording feature, then don't upgrade the Firmware, if you do, and it becomes corrupt, the Radio will die" I called XM about this, and they knew NOTHING of this, I also contacted Pioneer about this, and they haven't gotten back to me yet................

do any of you think that due to me using a Vista 64 bit OS to update the Firmware killed my 1st XMP3, (the guy at best buy said I should find and use a Vista 32 bit or XP 32 bit PC to do the firmwear upgrade?
    any ideas? thoughts.......I don't want to exchange another one

I don't know for sure but I read that the important part of the update is to eliminate the fade in and fade out of recordings. Many people seem content without the update.

Enthusiast
    05-26-2009, 01:46 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I don't know for sure but I read that the important part of the update is to eliminate the fade in and fade out of recordings. Many people seem content without the update.
    Humm............well at this point, I 'm gonna just leave it alone, I just don't have a PC with XP or Vista 32 bit OS, so, (if it aint broke, then don't fix it)

Just heard form Pioneer.....here is what they said: " If you don't have XP or Vista 32 bit OS, DO NOT update the firmware while using a 64bit OS, we are working on an upgrade for Windows 7 ,as well as, Vista 64bit very soon" if you are having any problems with your GEX-XMP3 refer to your owners guide or the retail store you purchased this.....
    Last edited by denb45; 05-26-2009 at 03:05 PM.

05-26-2009, 08:17 PM #30

No reception

I just got my XMP3 today and it works fine in the home dock and also in the car. But when I take it off the dock to listen to head phones It cuts out constantly and then say "no signal". Anyone experience this and know what the problem is?

Page 3 of 8 12345 ...