View Poll Results: Why don't you have an XMP3?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Sirius and don't want to switch to XM.

1 6.67%
  • The XMP3 is too expensive.

1 6.67%
  • I don't have a need for Portability and Recording.

1 6.67%
  • I'm afraid because I read bad comments.

0 0%
  • I do have an XMP3.

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 ... 45678
    Enthusiast
    08-24-2009, 07:41 PM #51
    My XMP3 no longer has any audio output in it's car dock, home dock, are headphone jack, zip, nada, nothing, I did a restore erase, and another restore, but, that didn't help, it receives live XM and still works, but, I cannot hear any audio form anywhere, so I contacted Pioneer, and had to send them proof of purchase, well they got the proof of purchase, via email, so it proves I've bought it in MAY 2009, so, they said they'd be in-touch, with an RMA instructions via another email, this sucks, I'm already missing my XMP3, and this makes my 2nd XMP3 unit to go bad, I hope they can fix it, Pioneer said if they couldn't fix this, they will send me out another XMP3......anyone else had this NO AUDIO OUTPUT Problem before?

Guru
    08-24-2009, 08:03 PM #52
    no, im still on my first xmp3 from march and i use it daily for hours...

sorry to hear (no pun intended)

Enthusiast
    08-24-2009, 09:20 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    no, im still on my first xmp3 from march and i use it daily for hours...

sorry to hear (no pun intended)
    Lucky you......well at least I was able to get the ball rolling on a RMA form Pioneer, haven't hear back from them yet, but, I'm sure I will....three XMP3 is the charm I guess, as they told me, they don't really FIX them, they just send you another one upon receipt of your old one, and they also stated that they have a lot of problems with some of the XMP3 units, so Pioneer is very aware of this and other problems........ What I want to know is THIS: has any one of you XMP3 owners ever had to send your XMP3 to Pioneer for a RMA, and if so, what did they do, was it FIXED, are was it just relpaced, also, what was the turn-around-time 1 to 2 weeks, 2 to 4 weeks?
    Last edited by denb45; 08-26-2009 at 11:53 AM.

08-26-2009, 10:30 PM #54

Can I delete auto recordings?

Hey guys. I love my XMP3 and brag about all its abilities to my friends, especially the record function. However, I am having a hard time figuring out how to delete auto recordings. I know how to delete individual "Recorded XM" songs but haven't a clue as to how to delete the auto recordings. I tried looking in the manual and came up with nothing, and tried browsing the XM2Go music manager thing without any luck.

Any of you figure out the trick? Remember I can't delete the AUTO RECORDINGS. I have about 10 hours I'd like to free up.

Thanks guys!

Guru
    08-27-2009, 09:00 AM #55
    you can't delete the auto recordings, but thats ok because they are not allocated for use by the user anyway...meaning you can't use that memory it uses. Auto recordings drop off by themselves when room is needed.

Enthusiast
    08-27-2009, 09:03 AM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremedoritoes View Post
    Hey guys. I love my XMP3 and brag about all its abilities to my friends, especially the record function. However, I am having a hard time figuring out how to delete auto recordings. I know how to delete individual "Recorded XM" songs but haven't a clue as to how to delete the auto recordings. I tried looking in the manual and came up with nothing, and tried browsing the XM2Go music manager thing without any luck.

Any of you figure out the trick? Remember I can't delete the AUTO RECORDINGS. I have about 10 hours I'd like to free up.

Thanks guys!
    Re-set and erase back to defaults, that's the only way I know of, the down
    side to this is, you'll have to reset everything, Time-Zone, and such, I used to turn off auto record, to stop it form recording all the time

Guru
    08-27-2009, 11:37 AM #57
    yeah, you could do that, it won't gain you any room for other recordings though.

also, if you do shut off the autorecordings it may save your battery if its out of the cradle because the unit would be operating in the background

08-27-2009, 04:37 PM #58
    Hm... ok. I'll just let it be, it's more than enough for all the train rides I take.

Thanks!

Enthusiast
    09-04-2009, 04:57 PM #59
    Got my REPLACEMENT XMP3 back form Pioneer Today, so far everything works, it even had the Firmware update V 1.18, I had to call XM and get it swapped with the old one, and the activation fee was waved since it was defective, it was kinda tricky tho, as it was already activated w/ someone else's XM plan, so, after speaking with 2 CSR's, that couldn't help me with this problem, I had to ask for a CSR-Supervisor to fix this problem, was on the phone for about an hour, but got it all fixed , I wonder just how long this 3rd XMP3-Replacement will last
    Last edited by denb45; 09-04-2009 at 07:41 PM.

09-06-2009, 10:52 AM #60

Song Recording Question

Newbie here. 2 weeks owner. No firmware updates done yet. Don't know what firmware version I am using.

When I change into a new channel and hit record in the middle of a song, is it supposed to record the song from the beginning (buffer) or is it supposed to start from when I went into the channel?

I though it would record it all but it starts the recording from when I changed in to the channel (middle of song).

Page 6 of 8 ... 45678