View Poll Results: Why don't you have an XMP3?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Sirius and don't want to switch to XM.

1 6.67%
  • The XMP3 is too expensive.

1 6.67%
  • I don't have a need for Portability and Recording.

1 6.67%
  • I'm afraid because I read bad comments.

0 0%
  • I do have an XMP3.

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 ... 23456 ...
    Guru
    05-26-2009, 08:28 PM #31
    Yes. While you have the most advanced satellite radio on the market (sorry S2 fans you may argue the same) it is a satellite that you are getting the signal from.

I suggest that you purchase an armband to wear the radio if you plan to be active or record overnight and listen to your recordings when it is not in the dock(s).

Don't be discouraged, it can record 5 channels at once, and since the majority of Satellite fans listen in the car or home dock, you are one of the lucky ones that can take it anywhere.

It works best when it has a clear view of the southern sky. (though as reported above, some have a local repeater that makes even this unecessary)
    Last edited by imromo24; 05-26-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Guru
    05-26-2009, 08:32 PM #32
    By the way DenB, I downloaded the firmware update and record everyday with no problems. My computer however does meet the criteria.

Guru
    05-26-2009, 08:46 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by steve2766 View Post
    Hey does anyone know if the accesories from the myfi all work on the xmp3? I just saw that the XMP3 uses the same portable speakers (myfi sound system) so I thought it might use the same home and car kit. I would love to upgrade my myfi but I have 2 car kits and 3 home kits, I don't mind buying the radio but all those kits are expensive.
    Contact someone at www.TSSradio.com, they will be willing to help, and may also see this here and answer soon...

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 12:34 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by fairborn420 View Post
    I just got my XMP3 today and it works fine in the home dock and also in the car. But when I take it off the dock to listen to head phones It cuts out constantly and then say "no signal". Anyone experience this and know what the problem is?
    Sometimes if I'm in a place with no windows, but, it works very well most of the time tho? if it's cutting out, it's looking for a repeater signal, if you didn't have a repeater in your local area, it wouldn't even work inside..........

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 12:43 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    By the way DenB, I downloaded the firmware update and record everyday with no problems. My computer however does meet the criteria.
    unless I can find a XP 32bit PC with SP2 or higher, I'm not gonna do it, maybe they'll come out with a update for Vista 64bit soon untill then, I'm leaving that part alone........BTW, it records just fine, when I tried it out, but, I have the recording turned off, scene I get such good reception 24/7 I'll use that when I'm in a place like a hospital ( record some music on it) just in case I don't get a signal, somewhere, that way I'll have something to listen to........I would rather NOT take another trip to my local Best Buy again...........I HATE THAT PLACE.........I heard that it doesn't FRY the XMP3 it just makes it not bootable, ( LOCKS YOU OUT) and the OEM is the only place that can FIX THIS, so it's able to turn back on again......or an exchange for a new one where ever you bought it.......the Best Buy guy said they just send it back to the OEM.........
    Last edited by denb45; 05-27-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Guru
    05-27-2009, 08:47 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    Sometimes if I'm in a place with no windows, but, it works very well most of the time tho? if it's cutting out, it's looking for a repeater signal, if you didn't have a repeater in your local area, it wouldn't even work inside..........

I can get the satellite with it undocked through about 1 wall, ceiling and roof...anymore than that and it fades out.

Enthusiast
    05-27-2009, 09:50 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    Just heard form Pioneer.....here is what they said: " If you don't have XP or Vista 32 bit OS, DO NOT update the firmware while using a 64bit OS, we are working on an upgrade for Windows 7 ,as well as, Vista 64bit very soon" if you are having any problems with your GEX-XMP3 refer to your owners guide or the retail store you purchased this.....
    This is some outstanding information to know. Thanks for posting this!!!!!

Enthusiast
    06-04-2009, 01:00 PM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by my name is matt View Post
    This is some outstanding information to know. Thanks for posting this!!!!!
    Ok, so, I was able to update my XMP3 to the latest firmware here's what I had to do.........I had a 32 bit OS Windows Vista Notebook, so, I plugged-in to the USB-port, then, I downloaded the music manager software, then, it took me to a download link to update the firmware to version 1.18, it was successful
    and took about 15 minutes..........so far everything works, and it hasn't DIED yet

06-22-2009, 11:31 AM #39

XMP3 Keeps shutting down randomly

Has anyone had problems with the XMP3 going into a cycle of shut down and restart ("Powering Up") at random times? Mine just started doing this recently, and I'm not sure if it's a battery related issue or something with the unit. It happens even when the battery is fully charged.

After I do a battery pull it seems to stay on for a longer period of time... But if this is a known problem with the unit I want to exchange it while it is still under warranty.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Guru
    06-22-2009, 11:50 AM #40
    I have read some people having that issue but very few...Mine has shut down on me twice, one time i think because it was not in the car cradle well enough....

some thoughts i have is that maybe it is doing a channel update or something...but i don't know for sure...

Page 4 of 8 ... 23456 ...