View Poll Results: Why don't you have an XMP3?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Sirius and don't want to switch to XM.

1 6.67%
  • The XMP3 is too expensive.

1 6.67%
  • I don't have a need for Portability and Recording.

1 6.67%
  • I'm afraid because I read bad comments.

0 0%
  • I do have an XMP3.

12 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 ... 34567 ...
    06-29-2009, 08:41 AM #41

xmp3 buzzing and will not come on

My xmp3 was working fine and then it got hot and started buzzing. It will not come on or do anything except buzz. Any one else had a similar problem? I liked the unit but I have only had it a couple of weeks and already having problems.

Enthusiast
    06-29-2009, 10:58 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post
    My xmp3 was working fine and then it got hot and started buzzing. It will not come on or do anything except buzz. Any one else had a similar problem? I liked the unit but I have only had it a couple of weeks and already having problems.
    Try holding down the power-button, then take out the battery, and place it into the home dock, if it still won't power on, then I'd take it back, and see if you can get a new one....if you didn't get your XMP3 at a local Store, that kinda sucks, and you may NOT be able to do that, however most places even online retailers have a 45-day return/exchange policy..............Good Luck

Guru
    07-30-2009, 01:06 PM #43

5 month update

So far so good. It does appear there is some problem with the memory getting full that is possibly caused when removing the unit from the base when its recording, but not confirmed what causes it. all I know is I deleted from the device and deleted from the XM2go manager then I was showing 36% full still and it wouldn't record. So, i had to do a reset/erase to clean it up and allow recording again. Not a big deal to me, i had some songs saved but never listened to them, mostly listen live or record shows overnight and listen the next day, then delete them.

Battery is still lasting pretty well throughout the day, except the last two times it got low it went into a loop of shutdown and startup, which was fixed by recharging the battery.

Yeah, some quirks, but well worth whatever they charge (especially the $100 or whatever they are charging now)

08-07-2009, 04:42 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Works great still, very convenient. If you didn't see there is a new $80 rebate from pioneer until august 30 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ate%20Form.pdf
    TIP:
    I have found also that the "Antennae Aiming" function under MENU, SETTINGS is very useful for locating a terrestrial signal if you are out of range of a satellite.
    What is the 'terrestrial signal?'... my XMp3 shows a Satellite signal, but nothing is in the Terrestrial portion.

BC

Enthusiast
    08-07-2009, 07:34 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by BC4Bama View Post
    What is the 'terrestrial signal?'... my XMp3 shows a Satellite signal, but nothing is in the Terrestrial portion.

BC
    A Terrestrial signal comes form Sirius XM ground repeaters, and are located in large Metro areas, if you don't see a Terrestrial signal then you don't have any Terrestrial ground repeaters in your local area, I don't have a Terrestrial signal on the Sirius side of my MiRGE-interoperable-Radio, but, over on the XM side, I have both a Terrestrial and Satellite signal. so, Sirius in my area only works with an outside antenna, (cause it has no ground repeaters) but, with XM I don't need an outside antenna, cause we have XM ground repeaters in my local area.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by denb45; 08-07-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Guru
    08-07-2009, 09:11 PM #46
    Good Reply.

I see we have 6 votes for "I have an xmp3 player" so if anyone has anything to say after owning it please chime in.

08-08-2009, 08:50 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    A Terrestrial signal comes form Sirius XM ground repeaters, and are located in large Metro areas, if you don't see a Terrestrial signal then you don't have any Terrestrial ground repeaters in your local area, I don't have a Terrestrial signal on the Sirius side of my MiRGE-interoperable-Radio, but, over on the XM side, I have both a Terrestrial and Satellite signal. so, Sirius in my area only works with an outside antenna, (cause it has no ground repeaters) but, with XM I don't need an outside antenna, cause we have XM ground repeaters in my local area.....
    Thanks for this information... I guess I live in a 'one-horse city' in Tennessee cause we don't have those repeaters here. <sigh>

I had recently purchased a Garmin GPS and found we don't have the service for traffic reporting like the big citys have. I did find one service that only operates during 'rush hour' only... well, with 'one-horse' I guess its not needed.

Thanks again.
    BC

08-08-2009, 12:40 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by denb45 View Post
    Let me ask you... would a 'XM Wireless Signal Repeater' help me inside my house or does a product like the below only amplify the terrestrial signal in the area (which I don't have)

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/in...OD&ProdID=1993

08-19-2009, 09:36 PM #49

Shuffle

A question about playing back recorded XM content. If you have recorded multiple channels or multiple sessions of the same channel, can you shuffle play across all the recordings?

Guru
    08-20-2009, 08:14 AM #50
    you know i haven't tried it but i see it is possible to add a recording to a playlist....in that case you could probably add several sessions to a playlist and then play from "playlists"

Page 5 of 8 ... 34567 ...