Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    01-20-2009, 09:10 PM #1

Why the Sirius denial?

I am curious as to why people get so mad about bad Sirius XM news being reported. As investors I would think that having all of the potential news should be useful to us all so, why is it that people continue to bash people who have been correct in the past and those who post valid points of views now?

For instance, today people jumped all over me for writing an article about how Sirius XM's marketing and direction is sub par (at best) and people call me an idiot. I know those same people in their heart of hearts agree with me and have even said so in various post around the net.

So, again I ask, why the hostility? The news is bad, I am not bad. Don't get mad at me for reporting the sad state that Sirius XM is in.

When the news is good, I write about it just the same... and you know what happens then? People call me a pumper. I know there are some passionate fans and shareholders that come here but, you can't have it both ways guys.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-20-2009, 09:14 PM #2
    What Charles is saying...

Translation = "Don't shoot the messenger!"

01-20-2009, 09:44 PM #3
    People over committed to this stock and now they are mad at any news that is not in their favor. If this stock was at $20 per share none of these people would be bitching.

Guru
    01-20-2009, 10:05 PM #4
    It's how you handled the articles. All of the other websites that posted the possible rate hike either finished the title with a ? mark (rate hike?) or started it with the word "Rumor". Your title makes it sound like a done deal.

The other article also states "why they will not survive", where as "might struggle" could have been more appropriate.

01-20-2009, 10:52 PM #5
    Hmmm, not jumping any bandwagon here but I have to agree... when I first came to the site tonight, I thought I was on the wrong site based on the news headlines.

I read headlines then skim stories to find out the jist of the story... fortunately I do that!

Head Honcho
    01-20-2009, 11:08 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    It's how you handled the articles. All of the other websites that posted the possible rate hike either finished the title with a ? mark (rate hike?) or started it with the word "Rumor".
    Not all other websites did that a quick search turned up:

"The New Sirius XM Way: Less Service, Higher Prices"

"Sirius XM Rate Hike - But What About Those FCC Rules?"

Your title makes it sound like a done deal.
    It is my firm belief that at this time it is a done deal.

The other article also states "why they will not survive", where as "might struggle" could have been more appropriate.
    Why would I say that when I firmly believe that their lack of creativity and innovation leads me to think that they will not survive? I would be lying if I said that I thought it will simply lead to struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    I read headlines then skim stories to find out the jist of the story... fortunately I do that!
    I would hope that everyone would be smart enough to read more then headlines! Maybe I have too much faith in people?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-20-2009, 11:10 PM #7
    All I know is that anyone who is invested in the markets is getting their asses handed to them. The unfortunate result is, running around and ripping off the heads of everyone around you, thinking it will make things better.

My only question is, how much longer will this go on?

Guru
    01-21-2009, 01:57 AM #8
    opinion pieces can affect a stock, specially when u have a million opinion pieces saying similar things. Although im not one to try and censor anyone, a nice little question mark at the end of the title probaly wouldn't of hurt anything.

Head Honcho
    01-21-2009, 02:18 AM #9
    There was no question and I knew there was no question, I just could not prove it to you guys personally because of my sources. There will be a rate increase on March 11th.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-21-2009, 02:31 AM #10
    As soon as I saw the article, it rang a bell. Correct me if I am wrong but, from what I remember years ago. The last time Sirius offered lifetime subs, rates increased after the offering for both SIRI @ XM.

I remember because I was salty over the fact that XM did not offer lifetime subs. Only Sirius.........

This seems very familiar to me.

Page 1 of 2 12