Head Honcho
    01-21-2009, 12:03 AM #1

Mel Karmazin on Detriot Public TV

For those of you who are interested in the CEO of Sirius XM here is an appearance from just 2 days ago on Detroit access television. An interesting story on his background to say the least.

http://www.dptv.org/ondemand/lol/lolvod0509.shtml
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    01-21-2009, 01:35 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    For those of you who are interested in the CEO of Sirius XM here is an appearance from just 2 days ago on Detroit access television.
    Charles,

It may have aired 2 days ago, but it was recorded awhile ago. In the video Mel is asked about the stock price being at .39 and Mel's response was that he didn't control the stock price and that the market cap was bigger that it seemed - because of there being over 3 billion shares in the float. Didn't Mel say on the CNBC promo that the share price was his report card though? I guess you could blame your grades on an incompetent teacher that had it in for you. I have before.....

Guru
    01-21-2009, 01:48 AM #3
    man i so badly want to hear something out of mel, thats recent, lets go february!!!
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-21-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Addict
    01-21-2009, 02:08 AM #4
    It sure did not sound like someone who is concerned about his stock going to 0. After listening to this, I feel like buying another 20 -40k shares

Head Honcho
    01-21-2009, 02:21 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Charles,It may have aired 2 days ago, but it was recorded awhile ago. In the video Mel is asked about the stock price being at .39
    I caught that near the end but I posted the link half way through the video. I try not to sit on any information any longer then I need to. Not that this was time sensitive but, I was on the site and watching the vid at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    It sure did not sound like someone who is concerned about his stock going to 0. After listening to this, I feel like buying another 20 -40k shares
    I agree. He never sounds concerned. I don't know if he believes that strongly in himself or if its that he doesn't care anymore because he is old and rich.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    01-21-2009, 02:39 AM #6
    Not sure if anyone picked up on this, but he mentioned 2.9 billion revenue in 2009 vs 2.7 billion outlined in the Dec 18th 2008 annual meeting projections.

Is this him raising guidence ?

Maybe the $2 increase is where this is coming from, especially if present subs grandfather in for 3 years.

01-21-2009, 01:45 PM #7

Mel..................

Mel has a habit of building companies then buying them out and selling them to someone later. It has been noted from many others that they believe that that is exactly his intentions with SXM. The stock is a direct reflection of the management team. Unfortunetely Mel and company have been caught up in a lousy market, poor car sales, etc.

If Mel wants to look out for the shareholder he needs to get this stock moving North again. I am terribly concerned that at current share values we are headed to distruction. However, the optimism in me reminds me that SXM is going to make money soon. They have a monopoly. They are worth more than a BK. If it does get to making that decision, Mel needs to find a buyer of the company, or at least to find a partner who can help with the XM debt.

Note Mel said he hoped to make some money at his SXM venture but that was not his real need. He just may be too wealthy and tiring from this day to day battle to be of benefit to SXM and the shareholders. Eventhough this was a few months old, he looked very tired and worn. Godbless Mel, and Godbless SXM, I have a lot to lose from their success!

Mentor
    01-22-2009, 02:00 AM #8
    smxinverstor

this was recorded several month's before the Dec lowered guidance.