Page 4 of 22 ... 2345614 ...
    Mentor
    01-20-2009, 09:12 PM #31
    Newman,

Good day to scale back in......did you get a good price?

Mentor
    01-20-2009, 09:36 PM #32
    Got in for my first batch at 0.11, had a second buy order in for 0.105, and a third order in for 0.10. Only the 11 hit, but came damn close to the 0.105. Maybe tomorrow. The market was ugly today on a day when the Nationalism was sky high... I could only imagine what it would have been like without the celebrations going on in DC. Tomorrow may be ugly...

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    01-20-2009, 10:38 PM #33
    Glad to see you back Newman! I was getting worried that you were leaving us!!!

True to your word as well, back in on the 20th!!!

Long Sirius ~~~

"The key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them."
    Last edited by Hopeful; 01-20-2009 at 11:58 PM.

01-20-2009, 11:09 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Is .11 the line in the sand?
    Worst. Line in the sand. Ever.

February can't get here soon enough.

I think.

Guru
    01-20-2009, 11:49 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    here i go again, i think the market will gain back what it loss today by the end of the week if not more.
    Laughing................you are a good guy and I hope that you are right
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-21-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 12:04 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Got in for my first batch at 0.11, had a second buy order in for 0.105, and a third order in for 0.10. Only the 11 hit, but came damn close to the 0.105. Maybe tomorrow. The market was ugly today on a day when the Nationalism was sky high... I could only imagine what it would have been like without the celebrations going on in DC. Tomorrow may be ugly...
    I don't know if it affected it at all, it was just like they were two different events at two different locations that were not inter-related in the least.

No Bank Support = No Stock Support = No Uptrend for both the NAS and the DOW.

You scored on the pricing. You might have another really good shopping day tomorrow.

Mentor
    01-21-2009, 02:39 AM #37

Check out this video

I know the link for this video is posted in the general forums, but I think it is very appropriate to double post the link.

Mel Karmazin on Detroit Public TV

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Karmazin
    When I started at Infinity, I lent the company money. It didnt have the ability to meet payroll. I realized very early in the game that it is about revenue and expenses. Duh. It's really not that complicated right? You grow your revenue and control your expenses and you make a whole bunch of money. In order to grow your revenue, you needed to have great talent and you needed to have great content because it is very competitive in the advertising world. People are buying newspapers, buying television, buying magazines, and they are buying radio and there are a lot of radio stations. I always believed in having the best content around and figuring out a way to sell it, even if you paid more money than you should.
    So there you have it: Mel has a history of loaning money to the company that he runs when he believes in it. It is strange listening to this even with the Bubba fiasco though, because he talks about paying more than he should for great talent.

Watch, and discuss.

Guru
    01-21-2009, 03:27 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I know the link for this video is posted in the general forums, but I think it is very appropriate to double post the link.

Mel Karmazin on Detroit Public TV

So there you have it: Mel has a history of loaning money to the company that he runs when he believes in it. It is strange listening to this even with the Bubba fiasco though, because he talks about paying more than he should for great talent.

Watch, and discuss.
    It is funny that you brought that up here...I just watched the video. The great point is that he is not going to let a company go cheap. He is an incredibly smart businessman.

He talked about how important it is to let people in his organizations make money...no matter how much.

Personally, I was in the corporate world and most employers don't treat their salesmen the way he does.

He wants profit before moving and right now it isn't enough, UNLESS, he can gain money from a company like Dish Net that is willing to pay the price to re-coup SIRI, then he has scored.

I found the guy totally fascinating...he is conceited and confident...a great combination...but he takes care of his troops as long as he is around.

I am willing to bet that after everything shakes down, the employees will say that he was the greatest boss that they have ever had.

He is pure business....and in pure business you can get left behind. He is not our daddy, he is a businessman and from what I have seen, a damn good one.

He talked about shareholders....well, he needs the price up or maybe down and solid enough to let somebody else take the risk while he moves on to his next ploy.

He is in it for himself and billions....how he does it is up to him.

Where we stand is debatable, because he has many more ventures to pursue. He is a really smart businessman. He will pay you when he needs you, but apparently will move on when his time is right.

I am not trying to be negative...but that is what I got out of the video. Please comment on this!

Thanks for your kind ears,

Bill

Enthusiast
    01-21-2009, 10:45 AM #39
    .1085 I hope it hold for all .. nasdaq is trying to hold and rally it needs to get above 1485 or we may be introuble.. when is the debt due in feb.. Im still waiting for dillution to pay it before i get back in at .08-.10.. peace to all..

01-21-2009, 11:38 AM #40
    I watched the video, and Mel sounds like the perfect ceo for sirius. I think his arrogance pushes him, lets just hope the stock price proves him to be the best for the job

Page 4 of 22 ... 2345614 ...