Page 21 of 22 ... 1119202122
    Addict
    01-26-2009, 01:21 AM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I have SIRI shares in a margin account.....so you are wrong about that. Just because SIRI shares can't be margined in most peoples accounts, doesn't mean that people don't have SIRI shares in their margin accounts and that they don't use margin on some of their other positions. I have bought other positions with margin while also holding SIRI in my margin account...

If one has SIRI in a margin account, even if SIRI is their only position and they haven't bought any other positions with margin, the SIRI shares can still be lent out to others for shorting by their broker.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer for you to understand...
    Who's your broker ? What are their margin requirements ? The 3 brokers I have, Fidelity, E-Trade and Schwab do not let anyone hold securities with a value of less than $3.00 in a margin account. They are not even used as collateral.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 01:25 AM #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    I did not insult him, he insulted himself. He called himself dumb, I just pointed that out and told him we trusted him. It is not my fault if he called himself dumb.

ps: I did not take it personal. I just agreed with you above.
    Siriusowner,

Don't play dumb now, you know that you insulted him with what you said. Tripping was simply not pretending to be an expert and he is very sincere in his posts and apparently has something to offer and teach you - as he offered information that corrected you inaccurate statements...

Tripping was even being very thankful to you earlier - even though you were giving him wrong information.....

Give the dude a break.......don't be a hater.

Addict
    01-26-2009, 01:28 AM #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Siriusowner,

Don't play dumb now, you know that you insulted him with what you said. Tripping was simply not pretending to be an expert and he is very sincere in his posts and apparently has something to offer and teach you - as he offered information that corrected you inaccurate statements...

Tripping was even being very thankful to you earlier - even though you were giving him wrong information.....

Give the dude a break.......don't be a hater.
    I know, I admitted I was wrong but that dude just gets on my nerves with his stupid comments. I seriously doubt you are holding SIRI on a margin account.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 01:33 AM #204
    The 3 brokers I have, Fidelity, E-Trade and Schwab do not let anyone hold securities with a value of less than $3.00 in a margin account. They are not even used as collateral.
    Just because SIRI cannot be bought with margin, doesn't mean that other stocks and cash in your margin account can't be margined and other positions in your margin account can't be bought with margin.

You really need to have a conversation with your broker about how margin accounts work, as you don't seem to even have a basic understanding of how they work...

Guru
    01-26-2009, 01:35 AM #205
    anyway i think its time for intraday 1-26-09, my birthday is on the 27th, and i think everybody knows what i want for my birthday heh.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 01:39 AM #206
    I seriously doubt you are holding SIRI on a margin account.
    Are you calling me a liar?

Anyone can hold SIRI in a margin account.......it's just that most brokers will not let you buy SIRI on margin, but like I said, other stocks in your margin account can be bought with margin if they meet the share price requirements etc....

Call any broker and ask them....and they will verify that what I say is fact.

Guru
    01-26-2009, 01:44 AM #207
    not everything in a margin acount has to be bought with a percentage of credit, even i understand that, he holds siri with 100 percent cash while he might use his credit line for other stocks. he could if he wanted to not even use his credit line, and just have it sitting there and hold his stocks with all cash in his margin account. Even I a dumby, who has never had a margin account knows this, but then again i could be wrong, and would admit it if i am lol

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 01:58 AM #208
    Siriusowner,

Have you tried any of those wines I recommended to you the other night yet?

Guru
    01-26-2009, 04:24 AM #209
    hey demian how come you dont join us in the other related stocks forum, could sure use your expertise, and any1 else's who wants to join. Got a pretty decent thing going in the Daily market watch thread, anyway im off to bed, see yall tommorow.

Mentor
    01-26-2009, 04:29 AM #210
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey demian how come you dont join us in the other related stocks forum, could sure use your expertise, and any1 else's who wants to join. Got a pretty decent thing going in the Daily market watch thread, anyway im off to bed, see yall tommorow.
    I will at some point Tripping......I follow it, but I haven't had much to say - the market is depressing me...

I have been an active trader for awhile (ETFs, stocks, long and short), but I have become obsessed with SIRI down at this level as of late - as I think it has the most potential upside of any stock I know of...
    Last edited by Demian; 01-26-2009 at 04:37 AM.