Page 13 of 22 ... 31112131415 ...
    Guru
    01-23-2009, 12:42 AM #121
    i obviously wasnt being serious siriusowner, you conceded turd, well the 1 cent movements maybe. You are seriously annoying, do you have any manners? Are you sure your from texas? maybe that midland heat has gotten to your brain?
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 01-23-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Guru
    01-23-2009, 01:05 AM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i obviously wasnt be serious siriusowner, you conceded turd, well the 1 cent movements maybe. You are seriously annoying, do you have any manners? Are you sure your from texas? Maybe that midland heat has gotten to your brain?
    bravo!!!!!!

Joined: Jan 2009 Location: New Jersey - The Carcinogen State. Posts: 19
    01-23-2009, 02:28 AM #123
    I currently own a whopping 100 shares that were purchased at .11 cents pps. I will be picking this stock up in 100 to 500 share blocks depending on price over the next couple months until I reach my goal of 25000 shares. I am just hoping ( and praying ) that Mel can keep this company on its financial feet, instead of allowing it to go through bankruptcy to restructure its balance sheets. I have been a subscriber since Stern came to Sirius, and will be here long after he is gone. I love my multiple receivers and believe very strongly in the product. Over the long term, I really hope that Sirius satellite radio doesnt eventually goe the way that cable TV did. Where they initially barked about being TV programming without all the commercials, to what it is today. Though I am sure my portfolio would ultimately be grateful, my interest and loyalty to the product would not.

TheAbbevilleKid

Guru
    01-23-2009, 02:35 AM #124
    I think the music will forever stay commercial free, and welcome to the boards sir

Guru
    01-23-2009, 02:55 AM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbbevilleKid View Post
    I currently own a whopping 100 shares that were purchased at .11 cents pps. I will be picking this stock up in 100 to 500 share blocks depending on price over the next couple months until I reach my goal of 25000 shares. I am just hoping ( and praying ) that Mel can keep this company on its financial feet, instead of allowing it to go through bankruptcy to restructure its balance sheets. I have been a subscriber since Stern came to Sirius, and will be here long after he is gone. I love my multiple receivers and believe very strongly in the product. Over the long term, I really hope that Sirius satellite radio doesnt eventually goe the way that cable TV did. Where they initially barked about being TV programming without all the commercials, to what it is today. Though I am sure my portfolio would ultimately be grateful, my interest and loyalty to the product would not.

TheAbbevilleKid
    Mel is no idiot, his ego is too big to let crap like these stock prices happen. He is a winner, that is his legacy and he won't settle for less.

SIRI management is not our enemy....we, with our negative comments are.

You are entitled to your comments. I believe more in Mel than Obama. Mel just has BIGGER obstacles. Give Mel time...he is only human. He will not go down without a fight!

Peace and goodnight,

Bill

Mentor
    01-23-2009, 04:31 AM #126
    Rolling Stone article........

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...s-to-decrease/

Sirius XM Plans Rate Increase As Stock Continues to Decrease
    1/22/09, 2:55 pm EST

With its shares of stock worth little more than a dime, Sirius XM will reportedly impose a rate increase on March 11th. The company will seek an extra $2 per additional subscription per user, plus charge $2.99 to stream Sirius XM online. The latter fee comes with an upside: all Internet subscriptions will stream with a 128k “premium” feed. According to customer support reps, current Sirius XM users can lock in at their current rates for the next three years if they re-up before March 11th.

Whether the price hikes have any effect on programming remains to be seen. While the increase isn’t exactly wallet-draining, it’s just another straw on the camel’s back for those Sirius XM who told Rolling Stone in November that they were upset with the company since their respective stations merged into one entity in November 2008. Many listeners’ favorite channels and genres were causalities of the station-merge, and customers complained of too much song repetition and DJ bantering.

Despite their huge, anti-trust-avoiding merger back in July 2008, Sirius XM has struggled to climb out of its cavernous debt. The current economic situation and a slow holiday season likely didn’t help Sirius XM’s problems, so the rate hikes are likely an attempt to help the company stay afloat. Fact is, radio itself is a bad business to be in right now, as even terrestrial radio suffered its worst year since 1954 in 2008. So if things are that bad when the radio is free, imagine how bad it is when you have to pay for it. Still, we’re hoping our ordeal with Artie Lange and “The Howard Stern Show” these past few days have at least helped sell a couple radios.

01-23-2009, 12:33 PM #127

3rd QTR Earnings significance?

Gang-

What is, in your opinions, the significance of this info:

"SIRI reported 3rd quarter 2008 earnings of $-0.07, beating the consensus estimate loss of the 8 analysts covering the company by 12.50%. In the year leading up to the announcement, the estimate had decreased by 0.01%."

Info provided by Rueters...

At a glance, it would seem to seem more positive than not, but I'm sure the experience in the room can put it in proper perspective...

Thanks...

Enthusiast
    01-23-2009, 12:38 PM #128

bankruptcy

Gentleman (and any Ladies);

The next few years, and this entire year, are critical. Many of us have a large stake in this company - Tens of thousands of shares, some of us own Hundreds of Thousands of Shares. We check the board every morning, and look for some announcement re the Feb debt, or the whole year's debt. We pray Mel does anything but file bankruptcy. We pray the market sees the value in this product, and by some miracle, we hope to see the share price just rise above .50, or a dollar. Just that would be confirmation we're not all fools who have thrown their money away. It would also be confirmation, that next year, we'll still be listening to Alt-Nation, Octane, and The Sixties on 6.

SO: Who out there believes bankruptcy is a REMOTE possibility, and please explain why you think so, AND who out there (yes, hello there SiriusOwner - we all do appreciate your knowledge & realistic analysis despite your lack of hope or optimism) believes bankruptcy is a virtual CERTAINTY, and please explain why.

Thanks to all!

nisvan

Addict
    01-23-2009, 12:54 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i obviously wasnt being serious siriusowner, you conceded turd, well the 1 cent movements maybe. You are seriously annoying, do you have any manners? Are you sure your from texas? maybe that midland heat has gotten to your brain?
    Judging you by your other comments you do not know a heck of a lot about stocks so I thought you were being serious.

1 cent moves ??? where ?

I accomplished my goal.

What does being from Texas has to do with manners ? You obviously have none. Now, I do not give a crap about you or your comments but I do think that you need that psyco help soon.

Addict
    01-23-2009, 12:56 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    bravo!!!!!!
    ....And who was talking to you ???

Page 13 of 22 ... 31112131415 ...